Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    Nice job Jack, ole FiveHole12 loves the title too I'm sure.
    I sit in opposite corner of rink where he usually sits and I did notice in 2nd half of the season I saw him less and less and noticed he wasn’t sitting there a lot of games

Before and during the game I would run into him or at some away games at Harvard

We used to text each other during the game commenting on the game but it was great during the seasons when we competed on the weekly game predictions when it was going on the weekly USCHO game predictions contest

I kind of miss that thread this past season
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

My condolences to friends and family of Fivehole12 (Steve). I always found his posts on your threads insightful.

But, please remind me who did the Milk Carton posts? I really liked those.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        My condolences to friends and family of Fivehole12 (Steve). I always found his posts on your threads insightful.

But, please remind me who did the Milk Carton posts? I really liked those.
        The Pinheads led by Darin and He who will not be named.
        Last edited by theprofromdover; 11-22-2019, 02:42 PM.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Anyone heard any details about Grando transferring?
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            Anyone heard any details about Grando transferring?
            Yes, I heard a lot. Stay tuned.

Comment

BC posted the roster for returning players ( not the incoming freshman). Grando is gone and it looks like they brought back Casey Carreau who played in the USHL last year. He had a mediocre year with Des Moines getting 9 points in nearly 30 games.

Comment

Full roster now up including the 8 freshmen. https://bceagles.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Article about the 8 freshmen from the BC official site: https://bceagles.com/news/2019/8/1/m...s-of-2023.aspx

No Grando as mentioned. News of his transfer must be upcoming. Carreau will have lots of competition for a 4th line spot. I wonder if he was groomed for a F/D position that Jerry likes to have on the roster. Eight Defensemen including 2 draft picks this year and another freshman makes for an interesting competition for the top 6 spots.

Comment

Kinda makes sense that Grando would look to transfer. I think he would be a fourth liner on this team but he’s a pretty good player. I though he had a pretty good freshman year in particular. Makes me cautiously optimistic about the this year. I also though Jack McBain showed the kind of grit last year that has been part of the character of the best bc teams. (I’d take him over Wahlstrom.) It just didn’t show on the scoreboard—actually no one one the team but cotton showed up on the scoreboard. Hopefully this year that will change. Pair mcbain with Newhook and Hardman and set the BCHL loose on hockey east! Also think McPhee needs to step up in a major way.

Comment

I agree with all of the points being made. I thought Grando was a nice player - good luck to him. I can only assume the staff struggled to get a good role for him and didn't feel he was quite dynamic enough to add offense but too small to be effective defensively. So maybe we're seeing a preference of the staff to go big on the defensive forward 4th line. McBain was largely not talked about much but there is a lot there to work with and if he can put it together look out - he started coming around towards the end of the season. Cotton was dominant at the end of the season as was Hutsko. Those two could be scary. Carreau returning is a bit surprising but hopefully he is groomed for a physical 4th line role over 4 years. Put him and Greco (I still like this kid) together for a Price/Lombardi combo and see what happens. Maybe put them with McPhee, who has a lot of room for improvement but similar to McBain, there is a lot of upside with the size he has, he just needs to be smarter and avoid bad penalties.

DEFENSE.... I don't know if we know what we're going to get. Karow had some ghastly games last year but still like his upside. McInnis is McInnis - he's going to play. Moore is going to have to be consistently good as a shutdown guy and log lots of minutes. I like Mattila as a hybrid dman. Finkelstein could be the hinge on this crop of Dmen (oh no he hurts someone's feelz). Newcomers here will set the tone for this whole set of Dmen. Tough position to be great at right out of the gate. But not impossible. Hopefully Knight can erase a lot of mistakes and let them play with some more confidence.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Leaving quality out of it, it's a balanced roster. 8 dmen and 15 forwards is usually what you're looking for.

Andres is your 8th dman. With the new rule last year of adding a skater, you'll probably see nights where all other dmen dress. If you're down a dman, probably go back to the traditional 6 and then dress an extra forward.

Kinda disappointed Grando is transferring. I thought he was a good role player but he must see a greater opportunity for him at ASU. Nothing wrong with that, best of luck to him.

I think we'll see a top 12 forwards of:

Cotton
                      Hutsko
                      Mattila
                      Boldy
                      Newhook
                      McPhee
                      McBain
                      McLaughlin
                      Rasanen
                      Giles
                      Greco
                      Hardman

The depth after that isn't great as I wouldn't expect much from Walker and Carreau.

Comment

After looking at that, I'd feel a lot better with someone like Grando on the team but it is what it is.

Comment

One thing that stands out to me is a logjam at LW:

Cotton
                          Boldy
                          McPhee
                          McBain

That's only 4 but they're going to need these guys in the top nine so someone will be in a different position. Believe McBain was recruited as a center (and he did ok on faceoffs last year) so maybe you see:

Cotton-Mattila-Hutsko
                          Boldy-Newhook-McLaughlin
                          McPhee-McBain-Giles
                          Hardman-Rasanen-Greco

That's the type of lineup you're looking at.
                          Last edited by J.D.; 08-02-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

And then:

Mattila-Finkelstein
                            Karow-Moore
                            McInnis-Helleson
                            Warren

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Leaving quality out of it, it's a balanced roster. 8 dmen and 15 forwards is usually what you're looking for.

Andres is your 8th dman. With the new rule last year of adding a skater, you'll probably see nights where all other dmen dress. If you're down a dman, probably go back to the traditional 6 and then dress an extra forward.

Kinda disappointed Grando is transferring. I thought he was a good role player but he must see a greater opportunity for him at ASU. Nothing wrong with that, best of luck to him.

I think we'll see a top 12 forwards of:

Cotton
                              Hutsko
                              Mattila
                              Boldy
                              Newhook
                              McPhee
                              McBain
                              McLaughlin
                              Rasanen
                              Giles
                              Greco
                              Hardman

The depth after that isn't great as I wouldn't expect much from Walker and Carreau.
                              I hope Mattila (Julius) can add more production in his senior year.

With hopefully more offence the Defense will not look as suspect.

Spencer Knight hopefully can cover the defensive lapses

Sorry to see Grando go but can't blame him and good luck to him
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Looking at Heisenberg’s site it looks like former commit (who was supposed to come in next year) Jacques Bouquet is on UVMs roster this year as an incoming freshman. BC picked up a commit from a Ct. kid, Posma who will play in the USHL next year, to replace him.

Seems like BC is recruiting more New England kids than they have in a long time. Also less USNDT kids, which I’m fine with. That strategy hasn’t worked well at all for the past two or three years.

Also the list of commits on Heisenberg’s site is WAY shorter than it used to be. I view that as a good thing as it seems over half of these multi year commitments never show up on campus (TJ Walsh, the Moynihan kid that’s going to Providence, and the whole Seidem family) The multi year commitments really limits recruiting flexibility and it makes you have to ask kids to stay in the USHL while the roster changes work their way through. Seems like a pain.

Finally, anyone have any insight into Luke Tuch going to BU. Was BC interested in him? Seems like a no brainer given that his brother was one of the better players to come through BC in recent history.

Comment

Working...
                                X