Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Now THAT was impressive. I know it's December and only 14 games, but I've seen enough. I'm convinced.

This is easily the best and most talented team BC has had in 4 years.

Barring something completely unforeseen, this team will definitely make the NCAAs.

This team is good enough to be competitive with anyone.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    Now THAT was impressive. I know it's December and only 14 games, but I've seen enough. I'm convinced.

This is easily the best and most talented team BC has had in 4 years.

Barring something completely unforeseen, this team will definitely make the NCAAs.

This team is good enough to be competitive with anyone.
    Think of it

If they win Sunday at the Compton Center they will equal the total of last years regular season wins, 11

That is truely wonderful for Eagles 🦅 fans 😎

Hutsko is a key player, last year and this year when he was injured they would lose, he needs to stay healthym, which is not easy when everyone is gunning for him. His goal last night was great, at the goal mouth, lifts the stick of the ND player, takes the puck away and deposits it in the net. First goal he keeep the play alive down low, got it to Cotton who got it to Matilla. Had a breakaway in the third and went 5 hole and goalie shut him down. Thought it was going to be 5-0. 4th line was solid, Giles with a SHG off a tunrover and sniped it high stick side. Some luck for Knight but he was solid and in position, didn 't give him much to shoot at. Nice win, keep it up.Tough to win out there.

York said after game that as long as the athletic departments support it this home and home with ND is here to stay. He likes the idea of ND in your building every year and Jackson feels same way about BC. By support I think he was referring to the chartered flight aspect of this. Although going forward you wouldn't necessarily have to do this on the same weekend but that part of it is kind of cool. Has a pro schedule feel to it.

Awesome attendance last night. Should see some good crowds in the 2nd half.

saw that, 7300 in the house ..........CBS all access sucks. Never was able to watch . Also was following another impressive performance by the women's team at BU.

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Awesome attendance last night. Should see some good crowds in the 2nd half.
    There was an obnoxious student sitting a few rows behind me. Funny thing is, I actually thought it was a good thing. I like seeing/hearing students enthusiastic and engaged enough to be loud and obnoxious.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
    BU - 2

I saw one of the old alcohol enforcers or whatever their shirts say ask a girl for her ID. She said she left it in dorm which means she couldn't have purchased it and the guy confiscated the beer. Can't fool him.

Opposite Girl

Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    saw that, 7300 in the house ..........CBS all access sucks. Never was able to watch . Also was following another impressive performance by the women's team at BU.
    Not trying to be a wise ***** here....are you being sarcastic? About the women’s team, I mean. In agreement about CBS All Access.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Not trying to be a wise ***** here....are you being sarcastic? About the womenís team, I mean. In agreement about CBS All Access.
    Women struggled this weekend with injuries.

Before they built the Fish Field house they should have built a new entrance off Beacon St directly into garage. Instead of taking a U turn when heading East and then a right hand turn into the garage followed by another right hand turn followed by a left turn to access the travel lane, they should have built a travel lane between the garage and the Fish FH. Itís one right or left turn off Beacon directly onto the new travel lane and you would enter the garage at the opposite end. Also, get rid of the parking passes and just get the cars into the garage.

Go Eagles!

Yup that makes it worse because they're stopping every car looking for a pass but not everyone going knows that garage requires a pass. So then those people are being redirected to the other garage but it still clogs everything up. I have to drop my dad off at front of Beacon entrance and since I don't have a pass I then have to go back to the other garage. Taking a left to get back on to Beacon is a disaster just so I can go to the other garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Not trying to be a wise ***** here....are you being sarcastic? About the womenís team, I mean. In agreement about CBS All Access.
    Not sarcastic at all . No one has done less with more than Katie Crowley . She is the Len Ceglarski of womenís sports at BC . Iíve had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    !
    No, they struggle just about every time there is a big game or a trophy on the line .

ND 1-5-1 in last 7 and 0-4-1 in last 5. Should see a desperate team today. But with the way Knight is playing you have a chance to win every time out. Hopefully BC completes the sweep before ND figures things out again. Either way this has been a successful first semester.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglekeeper View Post

Before they built the Fish Field house they should have built a new entrance off Beacon St directly into garage. Instead of taking a U turn when heading East and then a right hand turn into the garage followed by another right hand turn followed by a left turn to access the travel lane, they should have built a travel lane between the garage and the Fish FH. Itís one right or left turn off Beacon directly onto the new travel lane and you would enter the garage at the opposite end. Also, get rid of the parking passes and just get the cars into the garage.

Go Eagles!
    Or just charge a small fee to park for Beacon

Usually a pass means you donated $500 or more to BC athletics during football 🏈 season

4-1 after 2 in South Bend. They look very good, really dominating , ND scored with 2 minutes left. Cotton, Hustko and McCain for 2. Nice overall play. 6-1 final, hit at least 3 posts. The win at Providence was the turning point, after that 1-0 OT loss at UNH. They look so much more cohesive and polished, lots of skill out there, they are playing together and Knight is as advertised. He has been better than terrific. JY has them playing excellent hockey.
    Last edited by DNAEagle; 12-08-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Wow. 11-1 combined in two wins vs Notre Dame. 11-4 at the break. The first semester has to be considered an unqualified success. Count me satisfied.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
    BU - 2

Honestly, nice to see BC back where they belong, in the upper echelon. Should be some great games with great crowds against BU, PC and NU.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

6-2 in non conference with the only losses coming to Denver on the road. That is huge. Barring a collapse this should certainly be an NCAA tournament team but now they have the look of a FF contender. Knight two goals or fewer in 10 straight.

My bad.

Hey Notre Dame, keep the change ya filthy animal!
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Thread Information