Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Special teams keeping Wisconsin in it. Their PP is gonna be lethal this year with Caufield. Turning point in the game BC up 4-1 and with a 5 minute PP. Don't score and Knight gave up a bad shorthanded goal towards end of it. Expecting a wild 3rd. Already been more fun than most home games last few years.

Comment

Oh and Boldy at least looks ready for primetime

Comment

Kinda funny seeing volleyball players have to leave Power Gym to use Conte bathrooms during a match/hockey game combo.

Comment

Could hockey actually be fun this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Could hockey actually be fun this year?
            Caught a lot of it on the link from BCI on my laptop. Excellent way to start . Nice early goal in the third to grab the momentum back a bit. Was great to answer with a goal right after the other team scored instead of the other way around which happened countless times the past couple years it seems

Comment

I'll freakin take it. Not perfect but good enough. Step 1 towards an NCAA berth.

Lebedeff stopped BC from putting up double digits. Tons and tons and tons of scoring opportunities.

Top line was deadly, and smashed any Wisconsin hopes with an epic 35 second shift to start the 3rd period and effectively put the game away and killed their spirits. Maybe some killer instinct there with those boys? Boldy is ridiculously talented from the two games I've seen of him now.

I think Helleson and Warren are game-changers to the D. The D played quite well tonight actually. Finkelstein was particularly good as well as the freshmen. Moore and McInnis were more than adequate and perhaps the most surprising thing was the solid limited ice time from 7th Dman Mike Karow. Even the lower lines looked decent. Big fan of McLaughlin and Greco still. There is nice balance to this roster finally. Seems like the team may be well-built. Ice was a bit chippy especially early and BC stopped moving and lost loose some puck battles as a result of slow feet/positioning.

Special teams was mostly a disaster. Faceoffs were very good. Cole Caufield is gonna score a ton of goals.

A lot more tests to come. At least they finally passed their first test rather than having the worst start since the 1930s.
              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 10-11-2019, 09:35 PM.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I'd almost forgot what a good solid non-conference win looks like. That was very encouraging. The talent infusion from the freshmen is obvious. They looked better as a team than at any point last season. And they were actually exciting and enjoyable to watch again. Quite unlike last year. Boldy sure looks like a keeper. And this was the best game I've ever seen Mattila play. Not just the two goals, he was EVERYWHERE.

Special teams obviously need work. And of course, it's just one game. But that was good to see and fun to watch. So for at least one night, we can be happy. Hopefully there will be more of that to come.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                  I'd almost forgot what a good solid non-conference win looks like. That was very encouraging. The talent infusion from the freshmen is obvious. They looked better as a team than at any point last season. And they were actually exciting and enjoyable to watch again. Quite unlike last year. Boldy sure looks like a keeper. And this was the best game I've ever seen Mattila play. Not just the two goals, he was EVERYWHERE..
                  don't forget David Cotton. He had 3 pts. That kid is a complete hockey player. Again, very good tonight.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Nice W. Teams with really good freshman are usually only successful if they have strong leadership and talent among the upperclassmen as well. That appeared to be the difference between you and the Badgers. Boldy looked great, Newhook was okay but I'm sure his talent will show through before long. And Knight is as advertised. Only one game but certainly looks like you guys are NCAA tourney material.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      don't forget David Cotton. He had 3 pts. That kid is a complete hockey player. Again, very good tonight.
                      Cotton had plenty of excellent games last year. The team may have been a disappointment, but he certainly wasn't. But yes, he picked up where he left off last night.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                      BU - 2

Comment

How about that behind the back pass from Hutsko, behind the net, just avoiding the post to get the puck to Cotton for a goal? That was Gerbe-to-Ben-Smith 2008 title game stuff right there.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          How about that behind the back pass from Hutsko, behind the net, just avoiding the post to get the puck to Cotton for a goal? That was Gerbe-to-Ben-Smith 2008 title game stuff right there.
                          or Zach Sanford to break the B's hearts in the 5th game

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            Or Johnny Hockey against BU.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                            BU - 2

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              This reads like a post from an 80-year old fan on Eagleaction.
                              Never post on EA nor use that site

Not 80 years old either
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Special teams keeping Wisconsin in it. Their PP is gonna be lethal this year with Caufield. Turning point in the game BC up 4-1 and with a 5 minute PP. Don't score and Knight gave up a bad shorthanded goal towards end of it. Expecting a wild 3rd. Already been more fun than most home games last few years.
                                3 goals given up on special teams situations

Work in progress but hopefully they will improve

Giving up a SH on a 5 minute PP for BC is not what you expect or want

But the offense bailed them out when last year this would have been a loss.

Totally a lot more talent and depth
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X