Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Cotton penalty was completely witless, I have never seen a 5 minute major called for interference, O'Neil went down like an EU footballer and stayed down until they called the major, but he did not miss a shift. Still a bad penalty to take and Greco doesn't have that much rope out there. When Giles comes back either he or Walker are sitting. I like Greco, he has a great motor but he doesn't have the skill to be making those mistakes and stay on the ice. Providence is a tough team, nothing flashy, just a tough gritty hockey bunch. I like Warren, he impressed me last night, good moves, good handle he could be very good for us. Newhook and Boldy looked good, lot of promise, need someone on that line that can get them the puck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      What else can he do ?

I'm convinced Leahy hired a puppet because he obviously has no power to fire and hire.

Leahy is the one who says yes or no

As far as last night, same stupid penalties and lack of discipline

Power Play is powerless and bad habits of the past few years continues with bad turnovers and poor decisions with the puck.
      Martin has full authority to fire any coach. No way he would have accepted the job if he did not have full authority over coaches. Daz had a winning record last year and was rewarded with a raise and extension. MJ believes that BC is near their ceiling, maybe an 8-9 win season every 5 years, but 7 is a realistic ceiling according to MJ.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Oh no we suck again.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Oh no we suck again.
          Hopefully. Go 'cats! Always a fun game to watch.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Jeff Cox hinted at major decommit news in Hockey East but I am not a subscriber so have no idea who it's about

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Jeff Cox hinted at major decommit news in Hockey East but I am not a subscriber so have no idea who it's about
              It's how York is going after a current Merrimack recruit - Alex Jefferies, who is playing prep at the Gunnery. BC is said to being offering a full ride in hopes to get him to decommit from Merrimack and come to BC. Not the classiest look - but it happens in recruiting.

Comment

Happens all the time, even to BC. Cam York comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                  It's how York is going after a current Merrimack recruit - Alex Jefferies, who is playing prep at the Gunnery. BC is said to being offering a full ride in hopes to get him to decommit from Merrimack and come to BC. Not the classiest look - but it happens in recruiting.
                  what Cox said after -

'A sign of the times...3 Hockey East schools have committed 3 or more players since May 15th who are another school's de-commits. There are no rules against it. This isn't meant to be incendiary, but it just shows where the state of college hockey recruiting is right now.'
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Yep.

And I won't pretend to know every situation but at one time Cam York, Patrick Moynihan, TJ Walsh and Ryan Siedem were all BC recruits. I am pretty sure they never intended to lose at least York and Moynihan. Maybe all four.

Comment

Heisenberg already has him de-committed from Merrimack. I know Heisenberg sometimes off or slow to the party on things but there's a lot of times where he's first to it. Who knows at this point and if he actually commits, I'll wait until he's on campus to believe it nowadays. Even then it doesn't always matter with the CHL.

Back to the team, FWIW, I think they are vastly more talented and will compete this year. The schedule has been really challenging to start the year and I think it'll pay dividends when they get further into Hockey East. I thought they out played Providence for the first period and half then once Providence broke through, it kind of fell apart. I keep waiting for Newhook and Boldy to click but the talent is definitely there with both of them. I didn't know Helleson would be nearly as good as he has been.

Comment

I'm hoping this UNH game will be what the doctor ordered for BC. Historically, and UNH has shown no sign of changing from this, the Mildcats (aka Skating Mother Theresas) have legitimately been a fairly clean team that plays up and down the ice. Skating and skill (not what it used to be at either program but still). Their games with BC have historically been enjoyable and typically it is hockey played the right way with very very few exceptions over the past 20 years.

Given this team's absolute obsession with copious amounts of stupid penalties throughout the course of any given set of 60 minutes of hockey, I'm hoping this matchup will provide a template for BC to break some bad habits and set them on a course of smarter, cleaner hockey that involves more skating and less lazy stick penalties. That being said, following this up with a trip to PC, a very hard/tough team to play against, I wouldn't be shocked to see a W tonight with good behavior and then see PC's style bring out the stupidity from our Eagles again. Critical game tonight because I expect PC to drub BC again. Also would really like to see Knight bounce back and get back on track. He was abysmal last weekend.
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So Jerry isn't sure he has enough first rounders lined up? He has to mess with someone else's recruit? I guess its "do unto others, before they do unto you". Why did I think he was above that and able to win recruiting battles the first time around?

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            So Jerry isn't sure he has enough first rounders lined up? He has to mess with someone else's recruit? I guess its "do unto others, before they do unto you". Why did I think he was above that and able to win recruiting battles the first time around?
                            That’s the same way I feel. I could see pulling out all the stops for an Eichel or Kariya, but to do this for some random Merrimack recruit isn’t a great look.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              I'm hoping this UNH game will be what the doctor ordered for BC. Historically, and UNH has shown no sign of changing from this, the Mildcats (aka Skating Mother Theresas) have legitimately been a fairly clean team that plays up and down the ice. Skating and skill (not what it used to be at either program but still). Their games with BC have historically been enjoyable and typically it is hockey played the right way with very very few exceptions over the past 20 years.

Given this team's absolute obsession with copious amounts of stupid penalties throughout the course of any given set of 60 minutes of hockey, I'm hoping this matchup will provide a template for BC to break some bad habits and set them on a course of smarter, cleaner hockey that involves more skating and less lazy stick penalties. That being said, following this up with a trip to PC, a very hard/tough team to play against, I wouldn't be shocked to see a W tonight with good behavior and then see PC's style bring out the stupidity from our Eagles again. Critical game tonight because I expect PC to drub BC again. game. Also would really like to see Knight bounce back and get back on track. He was abysmal last weekend.
                              I appreciate your observations Nick. i have always looked forward to these games. Usually a very wide open and fast paced game. If we are fortunate to go up by 2, your guys will find a way to wiggle back in for the win. Deeper skills find a way to win most of the time, but not always. I'm sorry it is on NESN and you are glad. Will even hurt our attendance!

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                Times have changed. Adapt or die.

Comment

Working...
                                X