Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

My bad.

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Team will go absolutely nowhere without Hutsko so if he's gonna be in and out of the lineup all year it's gonna be another struggle.
    This team is most definitely going absolutely nowhere. I could see another small run to the HE title game with a healthy Hutsko again. Another year with no NCAAs. PC is going to curbstomp them tomorrow again.

Let's be honest, they outplayed UNH and looked like a better team, had a lot of good chances early (not great but a fair amount of good chances they just failed to execute). Cotton had the gamewinner on his stick and muffed it.

What a sad athletic department. Before and after this game we get Learn to Fly and hear Addazio talk about all his draft picks he couldn't win with. FIRE EVERYONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Team will go absolutely nowhere without Hutsko so if he's gonna be in and out of the lineup all year it's gonna be another struggle.
    They played well, stayed out of the box and Knight played very well. Still need to figure out the right line combinations. Hutsko is a key piece and Giles will strengthen the bottom 6 when he returns. I might move Boldy up with Cotton/Mattila until Hutsko returns. Karow played well and we need his size. PP still needs a lot of work. Too much perimeter passing and slow moving the puck. Heading to Abbeyís before tomorrow nights game.

Go Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    This team is most definitely going absolutely nowhere. I could see another small run to the HE title game with a healthy Hutsko again. Another year with no NCAAs. PC is going to curbstomp them tomorrow again.
    PC has not been a great home team this year, so donít give up,

Quote Originally Posted by chrisP View Post
    It's how York is going after a current Merrimack recruit - Alex Jefferies, who is playing prep at the Gunnery. BC is said to being offering a full ride in hopes to get him to decommit from Merrimack and come to BC. Not the classiest look - but it happens in recruiting.
    Funny, BC never had to poach other schools commits when Cav was recruiting and they were actually winning titles.

Without Hustko Cotton tries to do too much on his own and then he can't get to the net where he is best. York tried to win the game in the first period, by the time they got to midway through the third they were almost out of gas. The last 10 minutes was all UNH, you could feel it coming, good goal, nothing Knight could do.

College hockey has changed even since then. A lot (probably most now) of schools don't abide by the old gentleman's agreement. Newsflash: this happens all the time in college football and basketball. It's become an accepted part of recruiting. This idea that selling your school as a better option for a kid and a kid wanting to go to that school is somehow a bad thing is insane. People need to get over the whole verbal commitment process. It means very little these days. In the end all of these kids are making decisions based on what they think is best for them and that's all that matters.

But that was only because he couldn't get into UNH!

there's a good buck in that racket.

Plus they were released (after signing) cause the coach they committed to play for was fired.

Also, Cav has accomplished very little at UConn so I think I know who was largely responsible for winning titles.

My bad.

Cavanaugh canít even seem to find a way to recruit a roster at Yukon without stocking 25% of it from Russia and Slovakia. That current roster is the biggest disgrace Iíve seen in this league in the last 20+ years.

Not to mention one of his initial rosters included Evan Richardson who was a BC refugee. Yea heís a real crackpot recruiter over there in CT!

Let me know when he does anything noteworthy without Jerry York.

Go 'cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Let's be honest, they outplayed UNH and looked like a better team, had a lot of good chances early (not great but a fair amount of good chances they just failed to execute). Cotton had the gamewinner on his stick and muffed it.

What a sad athletic department. Before and after this game we get Learn to Fly and hear Addazio talk about all his draft picks he couldn't win with. FIRE EVERYONE.
    We'll take nowhere.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

I think BU could be in the same boat with Harper.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    PC has not been a great home team this year, so donít give up,
    As I was saying...

Major penalty to Cotton with 4 minutes to go...this team takes penalties at really bad times. With that said, huge win. Was not expecting that. Now gotta get some results the next couple weekends.

Big win, whew, they really needed that. Showed real resilence tonight. Need Hutsko back and Giles too. The two points is huge at this point.

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

Left Logan and they were down 1-0. Landed at Schipol and found out they won. A great way to start the vacation!
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Left Logan and they were down 1-0. Landed at Schipol and found out they won. A great way to start the vacation!
    Conclusion: Don't come back?
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

The radio guys were pretty vocal about the call, particularly because there wasn't a minor called on the play. (Powers never saw a BC penalty that he agreed with) The stripes went to the replay and then called a major. Pretty unusal and it was hair on fire hockey for the last 4 minutes. It seems that 5 minutes majors are much more common this year, on us and against us. Is it this a point of emphasis this year?

With those reviews they can't call a minor. It's either a major or no penalty. If it ultimately helps reduce hits to the head I'm all for it. But then I think back to the UMass game in FF and I think 3-4 were reviewed which bogged the game down. So I also understand those who want to have the plays reviewed after the game instead.

With those reviews they can't call a minor. It's either a major or no penalty. If it ultimately helps reduce hits to the head I'm all for it. But then I think back to the UMass game in FF and I think 3-4 were reviewed which bogged the game down. So I also understand those who want to have the plays reviewed after the game instead.
    I swear it was three just in the FIRST period!

I thought linesman Bernard saw the play last night and told them to check the replay but it might have just been a challenge by Leaman (can you even challenge a non penalty call?)

Thread Information