Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    With the right coach BC can be competitive annually.

Remember what Coughlin did in his short stint ?

Bicknell and Flutie put BC on the map.

The upset win over highly ranked Texas who was coached by Royal and had players like Earl Campbell, Ray Clayborn, Jones boys, etc.
    Pete Cronin put a hit on a Texas runner that was heard all over the stadium in that great 14-13 upset win.
    It depends on what your definition of competitive is. Competitive as in the Tom O'Brien era, 8 to 9 wins, then yes. If you mean competitive as is compete for conference championships, then no.

Yes, I remember what Coughlin did in his short stint. My point is to emphasize the short. Their problem for decades has now has been this obsession with hiring a coach who is "committed" to BC for the long-term. They should have been looking for the new Tom Coughlin. And then when that person left after 3-5 years, find the next one. And so on and so forth.

Bicknell and Flutie put BC on the map. It didn't take them too long to fall back off it. From 1985 through 1990 (post-Flutie to Bicknell's last year) they were a combined 27-41. If you take out the 9-3 year in 1986, they were an atrocious 18-38 the other five years.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    Yes, I remember what Coughlin did in his short stint. My point is to emphasize the short. Their problem for decades has now has been this obsession with hiring a coach who is "committed" to BC for the long-term. They should have been looking for the new Tom Coughlin. And then when that person left after 3-5 years, find the next one. And so on and so forth.
    Yes! Just hire the best person. If you're wrong that's fine, it's going to happen; this is not as easy as it sounds. But Gene legit hired the worst coach based on the fact he would never want to leave (read: unmotivated) after getting butthurt by Jagz. Young folks are motivated even if they are using BC as a stepping stone. Already we have seen the results with Jarmond (he has his issues, he is not perfect) but if this guy leaves it's because he did well here and others may poach him. Same with Hafley now. And that makes BC a better place as a result.

Gene really got that wrong. And Bates... we'll never know what went on in that man's head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Exrleben was the kicker and during warm ups he just pounded it through from plus 50. David Green went 75 yards on the first play from scrimage for the TD. Everyone in the house was stunned.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Merry Christmas
    Happy Holidays

Looking forward to the first matchup on January 18 with your Terriers

Problem is my nephew is having a wedding banquet that night ((
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Yes! Just hire the best person. If you're wrong that's fine, it's going to happen; this is not as easy as it sounds. But Gene legit hired the worst coach based on the fact he would never want to leave (read: unmotivated) after getting butthurt by Jagz. Young folks are motivated even if they are using BC as a stepping stone. Already we have seen the results with Jarmond (he has his issues, he is not perfect) but if this guy leaves it's because he did well here and others may poach him. Same with Hafley now. And that makes BC a better place as a result.

Gene really got that wrong. And Bates... we'll never know what went on in that man's head.
    Same with hoops

We had Tom Davis and Gary Williams and left for better pastures
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    Same with hoops

We had Tom Davis and Gary Williams and left for better pastures
    Times are very different now at BC with the ACC revenue. Soon they will be receiving 35 million per year for just being a member. BC football and basketball have the potential to become destination jobs. The money has already had an impact on facilities with the Fish Field House. I expect over the next ten to twenty years BC will build a new arena and a major rebuild of the football stadium. The Power 5 conferences are becoming more like a professional league.

Go Eagles!

Merry Christmas
    you too brother! Happy New Year

US done at the World Juniors. Given the opponent Saturday is UVM, I'd be stunned if Knight was back for that game. Edquist recently returned from injury. Probably pretty rusty but they should be able to beat UVM without a goalie.

Give Edquist the shot, he sat out the first half, he is finally able to play. He is a Senior and everyone should be all healed up and ready to go. January is a big month, we will see how solid they are in the coming weeks. I saw the summary of the Fin game on You Tube, I don't recall Whalstrom being as good with the puck last year, he has become better but still a long way from NHL good. Zegras is scary good with the puck.
    Last edited by DNAEagle; 01-03-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DNAEagle View Post
    Give Edquist the shot, he sat out the first half, he is finally able to play. He is a Senior and everyone should be all healed up and ready to go. January is a big month, we will see how solid they are in the coming weeks. I saw the summary of the Fin game on You Tube, I don't recall Whalstrom being as good with the puck last year, he has become better but still a long way from NHL good. Zegras is scary good with the puck.
    Wahlstrom is a year older and playing with his pro organization affiliated with the Islanders. My friend said he was on the Islanders 4th line for awhile.

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

These kids are fun to watch. Steve would be over the moon.
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Great in close passing, Greco nets three plus an assist. Nice to see a 4th line score goals. Only blemish was the misconduct by McPhee, really stupid penalty, no excuse. Did not see the ice after that. This is not the first time he has taken a bad no excuse penalty. Wouldn't be surprised if he was in streets next Friday. Edquist played well, made 25 saves more or less. Some of them pretty good. Next three games are big.

My bad.

This team is a wagon. I can't even explain how happy I am for Ron Greco. Consider... he was sitting on 2 goals for the night and he served the penalty for McPhee. I've always been a fan of the way he plays the game... to see that unfold today was just something else.

The forecheck was ferocious today and gave UVM problems, especially after the first 10 minutes of the game.

Speaking of McPhee, not sure what he was thinking. Harmless to be honest, but I've never really seen anything like that. He had an assist and 12 minutes of penalties logged at the same time on the scoresheet!

Hardman's pass while all alone in front to Rasanen for the easy goal is one of those plays that stands out and really is just more than an assist. The entire sequence was tremendous as I believe Rasanen knocked a Catamount down with a solid hit, which allowed him a lane back to the net to get the pass from Hardman. McLaughlin and Hardman are those two Ty Hennes/Billy Arnold/Mike Lephart types that you need to have to win a championship.

I have no question about this roster. All the pieces are here to win the trophies.
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    This team is a wagon. I can't even explain how happy I am for Ron Greco. Consider... he was sitting on 2 goals for the night and he served the penalty for McPhee. I've always been a fan of the way he plays the game... to see that unfold today was just something else.

The forecheck was ferocious today and gave UVM problems, especially after the first 10 minutes of the game.

Speaking of McPhee, not sure what he was thinking. Harmless to be honest, but I've never really seen anything like that. He had an assist and 12 minutes of penalties logged at the same time on the scoresheet!

Hardman's pass while all alone in front to Rasanen for the easy goal is one of those plays that stands out and really is just more than an assist. The entire sequence was tremendous as I believe Rasanen knocked a Catamount down with a solid hit, which allowed him a lane back to the net to get the pass from Hardman. McLaughlin and Hardman are those two Ty Hennes/Billy Arnold/Mike Lephart types that you need to have to win a championship.

I have no question about this roster. All the pieces are here to win the trophies.
    The speed is the big thing I noticed and the fact that regardless of the score they play just as hard until the final whistle. Just wait until Boldy starts finding the back of the net!

UMass is playing very good hockey. I really like Greg Carvel, his teams play an uptempo game much like we do. If he keeps having success at UMass he is my top pick to replace JY in a few years. I think we are in for some very entertaining hockey next weekend. I’m looking forward to making the trip out to UMass on Saturday.

Go Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    These kids are fun to watch. Steve would be over the moon.
    I know it , you hit the nail on the head Jack . I reach for the phone , still , thinking we can talk about the game and then it sets in. He’d be bonkers over this team ........and I think we’re all catching on . Something special brewing at the Heights !

They are good and getting better, rolling four lines, makes it tough for the other team to keep up in the 3rd period. UVM is not much of a team, we will know better at the end of January but we haven't had this much fun since 2016.

6572 yesterday. Excellent.

i've heard some praises for Mike Hardman and was quite surprised as i've never seen him play. but he's "only" the team's 6th best scorer. as a freshman, what is great. but seeming him talked about surprised me a bit ... what's your opinion?

My bad.

Hardman is going to be one of those really nice four year guys at BC. I like his game. His name is appropriate as he is a “hard hat” player. Need these guys on the roster for stability and to lead by example for the skilled guys. When I say that pass last night is more than a pass I mean it. Teammates notice he passed up a high quality shot for himself and got it to a teammate that was 100% likely to score instead. Everyone in the room notices that. Think Lombardi/Price as well. Solid set of skills actually with decent size.

Anyway, did I mention how happy it made me to see Ron Greco score a hat trick? That’s really all we should be talking about for the next week.

Thread Information