Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Times have changed. Adapt or die.
    Quite true. Usually the rules are changed so that we have fewer options and more is forbidden. This seems to be exactly the opposite. I wonder what caused the decommits from BC. It seems like a lot. These kids should have thanked their lucky start. Is it primarily questions over how long Mr. York will be there to run his finishing school? Is there a solid succession plan?

Comment

Hustko in street clothes tonight. Without him the 1st line loses a whole lot. 0-0 after 2, they are dominating but can't quite make the finishing pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
        So Jerry isn't sure he has enough first rounders lined up? He has to mess with someone else's recruit? I guess its "do unto others, before they do unto you". Why did I think he was above that and able to win recruiting battles the first time around?
        You must be new to college hockey. BC themselves have had recruits "stolen" from them. Don't be a fool.

Comment

Team will go absolutely nowhere without Hutsko so if he's gonna be in and out of the lineup all year it's gonna be another struggle.

Comment

1-0 UNH in OT, nice goal but absence of scoring is killing us.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Team will go absolutely nowhere without Hutsko so if he's gonna be in and out of the lineup all year it's gonna be another struggle.
              This team is most definitely going absolutely nowhere. I could see another small run to the HE title game with a healthy Hutsko again. Another year with no NCAAs. PC is going to curbstomp them tomorrow again.

Let's be honest, they outplayed UNH and looked like a better team, had a lot of good chances early (not great but a fair amount of good chances they just failed to execute). Cotton had the gamewinner on his stick and muffed it.

What a sad athletic department. Before and after this game we get Learn to Fly and hear Addazio talk about all his draft picks he couldn't win with. FIRE EVERYONE.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                They played well, stayed out of the box and Knight played very well. Still need to figure out the right line combinations. Hutsko is a key piece and Giles will strengthen the bottom 6 when he returns. I might move Boldy up with Cotton/Mattila until Hutsko returns. Karow played well and we need his size. PP still needs a lot of work. Too much perimeter passing and slow moving the puck. Heading to Abbey’s before tomorrow nights game.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  This team is most definitely going absolutely nowhere. I could see another small run to the HE title game with a healthy Hutsko again. Another year with no NCAAs. PC is going to curbstomp them tomorrow again.
                  PC has not been a great home team this year, so don’t give up,

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                    It's how York is going after a current Merrimack recruit - Alex Jefferies, who is playing prep at the Gunnery. BC is said to being offering a full ride in hopes to get him to decommit from Merrimack and come to BC. Not the classiest look - but it happens in recruiting.
                    Funny, BC never had to poach other schools commits when Cav was recruiting and they were actually winning titles.

Comment

Without Hustko Cotton tries to do too much on his own and then he can't get to the net where he is best. York tried to win the game in the first period, by the time they got to midway through the third they were almost out of gas. The last 10 minutes was all UNH, you could feel it coming, good goal, nothing Knight could do.

Comment

College hockey has changed even since then. A lot (probably most now) of schools don't abide by the old gentleman's agreement. Newsflash: this happens all the time in college football and basketball. It's become an accepted part of recruiting. This idea that selling your school as a better option for a kid and a kid wanting to go to that school is somehow a bad thing is insane. People need to get over the whole verbal commitment process. It means very little these days. In the end all of these kids are making decisions based on what they think is best for them and that's all that matters.

Comment

But that was only because he couldn't get into UNH!

Comment

Plus they were released (after signing) cause the coach they committed to play for was fired.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Also, Cav has accomplished very little at UConn so I think I know who was largely responsible for winning titles.

Comment

Cavanaugh can’t even seem to find a way to recruit a roster at Yukon without stocking 25% of it from Russia and Slovakia. That current roster is the biggest disgrace I’ve seen in this league in the last 20+ years.

Not to mention one of his initial rosters included Evan Richardson who was a BC refugee. Yea he’s a real crackpot recruiter over there in CT!

Let me know when he does anything noteworthy without Jerry York.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X