Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kids Today!

That’s just dumb.

We made our own snow boulders. Several feet high. Rolled a couple together. About 200 feet out into the field. The paras wanted nothing to do with walking that far.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also did the random "hogpile" but that would be considered bullying nowadays, even though everyone was eventually hogpiled.
      Dodgeball? Can't do that anymore.
      Pretty sure no one does the "two for flinching" joke anymore.

Does anyone remember the "eraser test?" Someone rubs the top of your hand with one of those 1" pink erasers until you say stop. Winner is the one who lasted the longest.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You can still do dodgeball.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          You can still do dodgeball.
          Some schools have banned that "sport." Said it encourages bullying. I wish I were kidding.

And then this stance: https://www.shapeamerica.org/standar...n-Activity.pdf
          Last edited by The Rube; 06-19-2019, 10:26 PM.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Also did the random "hogpile" but that would be considered bullying nowadays, even though everyone was eventually hogpiled.
            Probably not so much bullying as a really dumb way for a kid to get hurt
            Dodgeball? Can't do that anymore.
            As noted, yes you can.
            Pretty sure no one does the "two for flinching" joke anymore.
            Mostly because it's dumb.

Does anyone remember the "eraser test?" Someone rubs the top of your hand with one of those 1" pink erasers until you say stop. Winner is the one who lasted the longest.
            Erasers? Real folks use upside down compressed air cans. Freeze that s-!
            (Also dumb)
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Dodgeball is slowly being banned. Not kidding.

And compressed air? Ok, that's some hard-core sh*. Jesus.

Comment

And compressed air? Ok, that's some hard-core sh*. Jesus.
                Hardcore? Try the nipples.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Hardcore? Try the nipples.
                  What....no....just no.......I know what that sh* does. WHY? Well, that's a rhetorical question. JFC, people.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    I had heard of something similar as possibly part of a fraternity initiation, but I wasn't in a frat, so no idea if it was true or not.
                    Are we taking about def 1 or 2?

I'd never heard of def 1, though I had heard about Hogger Hunt as a frat initiation. In this delightful game the future GOP Congressmen and ministers all go out to a bar and you "win" by bedding the fattest pick up. As you can imagine, this isn't very popular anymore outside of Tucker Carlson's circle, now that everyone else regards women as sentient creatures.

Def 2 was, like I said, a famous legendary, urban or otherwise, frat rite, at least among GDIs.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Pretty sure no one does the "two for flinching" joke anymore..
                      Of course they do. This is another young male staple that will never die. There's a reference to it in the tavern scene in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, written in 1820.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Thank Gawd you're not trying to get into Harvard.
                        I know! It's crazy that a college admissions department is judging a kid by what he did in high school. So unfair.

Comment

These kids are now full grown adults (NSFW).
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I guarantee boys are still exactly the same.

This is the voice of the masses unchanged forever. If we had a transcript of little boys arguing in Sumeria in 4019 BC, this would be it.

Except, possibly, "is that Drake?"
                            Last edited by Kepler; 06-25-2019, 09:08 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I guarantee boys are still exactly the same.

This is the voice of the masses unchanged forever.
                              Online gaming chat thingies are just aural youtube comments sections brought to life. Not surprised.

Comment

Online gaming chat thingies are just aural youtube comments sections brought to life. Not surprised.
                                Eventually it will be beamed straight into our brains. Along with ads and Dump's tweets.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X