X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:54: My Polls Are Better Than Your Polls

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I myself am different. Sometimes I post ironically, sometimes I post 100% serious, sometimes I am playing Devils Advocate, every so often I am trolling, sometimes it is a mixture of different types. That is who I am in real life, the difference is it is much easier to read in person. Gets me in trouble around here from time to time. it is (one of many) reasons you probably facepalm when you read what I post because I change my style based on factors that most of the time are unknown
    The many faces of Dan!
    Last edited by Greyeagle; 07-01-2019, 02:19 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Is there a good reason why its ProPublica and not the lamestream news media that's breaking a story like this? Wouldn't be cowardice and timidity amongst institutions like the New York Times, would it? I mean, its not like Facebook posts are all that hard to find.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        The best people.

“BREAKING: ProPublica uncovered a secret Facebook group for thousands of current and former Border Patrol agents filled with derogatory posts, including reported jokes about a 16-year-old migrant who died in US custody or sexist images of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.”

https://thehill.com/latino/451166-pr...ith-derogatory
        My favorite part:
        Another post included an illustration of a smiling President Trump forcing Ocasio-Cortez’s head toward his crotch. The agent who posted the image commented: “That’s right *****es. The masses have spoken and today democracy won.”
        I'll tell ya one thing, it's true
        You can't find justice it'll find you

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Abolish. ICE.

Comment

Can't wait for the false equivalencies. Maybe some rap lyrics?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              The best people.

“BREAKING: ProPublica uncovered a secret Facebook group for thousands of current and former Border Patrol agents filled with derogatory posts, including reported jokes about a 16-year-old migrant who died in US custody or sexist images of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.”

https://thehill.com/latino/451166-pr...ith-derogatory
              My favorite part:
              Another post included an illustration of a smiling President Trump forcing Ocasio-Cortez’s head toward his crotch. The agent who posted the image commented: “That’s right *****es. The masses have spoken and today democracy won.”
              This might be the least surprising story of 2019.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                Abolish. ICE.
                The problem is if you banish these employees from being selected for government work with whatever replaces ICE (even for a few years), they're now looking for employment with local police departments either in these areas, or moving across the country to other departments.

But, I agree: abolish ICE.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

We also have to reform all these policies. Not just roll back Dump but abolish the whole white nationalist police state.

We have to fumigate DHS, the DOD, the FBI, and local cops. We have to remove all the racists from positions of authority, and that means abolishing the GOP in half the states. We have to end American apartheid and that means abolishing Fox and Hate Radio.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 07-01-2019, 02:27 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes, he has children and they're all a chip off the old block.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      We also have to reform all these policies. Not just roll back Dump but abolish the whole white nationalist police state.

We have to fumigate DHS, the DOD, the FBI, and local cops. We have to remove all the racists from positions of authority, and that means abolishing the GOP. We have to end American apartheid.
                      Who would you hire in their place?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        There's a lot of underemployed rational people in this country. I don't think we'd have any problem replacing the gorillas.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          The problem is if you banish these employees from being selected for government work with whatever replaces ICE (even for a few years), they're now looking for employment with local police departments either in these areas, or moving across the country to other departments.

But, I agree: abolish ICE.
                          Have you seen who police departments are hiring nowadays? 'Roid raging ex-military types who joined the armed forces of this country because they hoped to be able to shoot at brown people.

In addition to abolishing ICE, there are about 17,900 ( of the approximately 17,985 that exist )other law enforcement agencies that we need to abolish. We need a handful of federal agencies that can handle federal law enforcement, counter-terrorism and intelligence gathering, and each state should have one. That's all. I'd even be willing to keep the overall number of law enforcement officers in each state as it is now (to placate the cops, if I waved my magic wand, I'd reduce the number of cops drastically too), but since they all derive their power and certification from the state, just have them all employed BY the state. One set of rules and policies, one set or training criteria, one central controlling authority in each state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            There's a lot of underemployed rational people in this country. I don't think we'd have any problem replacing the gorillas.
                            I think it’s a lot easier said than done. I believe most police are under collective bargaining so it probably will never happen anyway, even though it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Actual human beings?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I think you'd be surprised. Law enforcement, in many areas, struggles to attract candidates. It's not exactly a dream job. You can get killed, you'll probably have to start out working nights, and honestly a sizable percent of the population either hates you or, at best, has zero respect for you.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X