This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It all comes down to a lack of imagination by the Founders. They never considered a situation where a criminal enterprise would gain the White House and Congress. It just wasn't a possibility. Yet, here we are and I'm becoming more concerned that we don't have an adequate backstop. You can say 2020, but I don't have a warm fuzzy about the GOP not castrating that final line of defense.

I'm also becoming less optimistic about the GOP being pushed out of power by demographic changes.
    Teapot Dome?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/us-...-wars-over-59t

Just imagine the good that money could have done.
      But we can't afford the Green New Deal.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        But we can't afford the Green New Deal.
        Green new dream or whatever

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:54: My Polls Are Better Than Your Polls

trump's AmeriKKKa: Denny's manager tried to eject 3 black women after they complained about racial slurs

Yes, Denny's has had problems like this before the current occupant of the White House moved in, but 5 or 10 years ago it seemed like we'd occasionally see a lull in public acts of overt racism and now you can find something like this just about anywhere every single day.

I'd sure love to see the return of the boycott to pressure for action on civil rights. The Montgomery bus boycott was more complicated than just a tired Rosa Parks not wanting to give up her seat, and the refusal of blacks to ride costing the city money, but it did cost the city enormously from a revenue standpoint and put a huge strain on their public transportation. And while the users may have been predominantly black residents, plenty of white people used the buses too.

If people of color refused to offer Denny's their business and those of us who identify as white and see Denny's as complicit in allowing racist behavior did the same, the place would shut down in short order. If every cop in the world stopped going to Starbucks it wouldn't amount to anything more than a blip on their revenue radar, but if every person out there who is tired of racism boycotted Starbucks after the Philadelphia incident, Starbucks would have either ceased to exist or led the way in real corporate accountability.

I'm tired of living in a country where so much vile racism is commonplace. These corporations can't claim ignorance to it. At best it is willful blindness and at worst they are guilty of actual racist policies. I don't frequent Denny's often, but they've seen the last of my business.

Comment

People still eat at Denny's?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              *Raises hand* My best friend Shelby and I (we're both trans) eat there all the time when we're together. Denny's never complains about us using the women's room, and this is important, Shelby and I can talk for 4 hours. Denny's doesn't tell us we have to get out of there!

And this is from North Carolina: A Denny's manager stood up for a trans woman who had the cops called on her for using the bathroom.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/07/...used-bathroom/
              Last edited by MissThundercat; 07-11-2019, 07:38 PM.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Isn’t that where tiger finds his women?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Isn’t that where tiger finds his women?
                  I thought that was Perkins. Eh, same difference.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I thought that was Perkins. Eh, same difference.
                    Perkins is still open?
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Invite a bunch of asshats over, and they behave like asshats

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...in-rose-garden

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        trump's AmeriKKKa: Denny's manager tried to eject 3 black women after they complained about racial slurs

Yes, Denny's has had problems like this before the current occupant of the White House moved in, but 5 or 10 years ago it seemed like we'd occasionally see a lull in public acts of overt racism and now you can find something like this just about anywhere every single day.

I'd sure love to see the return of the boycott to pressure for action on civil rights. The Montgomery bus boycott was more complicated than just a tired Rosa Parks not wanting to give up her seat, and the refusal of blacks to ride costing the city money, but it did cost the city enormously from a revenue standpoint and put a huge strain on their public transportation. And while the users may have been predominantly black residents, plenty of white people used the buses too.

If people of color refused to offer Denny's their business and those of us who identify as white and see Denny's as complicit in allowing racist behavior did the same, the place would shut down in short order. If every cop in the world stopped going to Starbucks it wouldn't amount to anything more than a blip on their revenue radar, but if every person out there who is tired of racism boycotted Starbucks after the Philadelphia incident, Starbucks would have either ceased to exist or led the way in real corporate accountability.

I'm tired of living in a country where so much vile racism is commonplace. These corporations can't claim ignorance to it. At best it is willful blindness and at worst they are guilty of actual racist policies. I don't frequent Denny's often, but they've seen the last of my business.

Identify as white?
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Identify as white?
                          Mixed race people who identify as one race over the other.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Perkins is still open?
                            Still going pretty strong in Minnesota. Even though it didn't start here, a franchisee here expanded the hell out of them.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

HAhaha it took him all day to tweet about Paul

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-68iTvhWNB0

If only....
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X