Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45:54: My Polls Are Better Than Your Polls

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It all comes down to a lack of imagination by the Founders. They never considered a situation where a criminal enterprise would gain the White House and Congress. It just wasn't a possibility. Yet, here we are and I'm becoming more concerned that we don't have an adequate backstop. You can say 2020, but I don't have a warm fuzzy about the GOP not castrating that final line of defense.

I'm also becoming less optimistic about the GOP being pushed out of power by demographic changes.
    Teapot Dome?

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/us-...-wars-over-59t

Just imagine the good that money could have done.
    But we can't afford the Green New Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    But we can't afford the Green New Deal.
    Green new dream or whatever

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Re: POTUS 45:54: My Polls Are Better Than Your Polls

trump's AmeriKKKa: Denny's manager tried to eject 3 black women after they complained about racial slurs

Yes, Denny's has had problems like this before the current occupant of the White House moved in, but 5 or 10 years ago it seemed like we'd occasionally see a lull in public acts of overt racism and now you can find something like this just about anywhere every single day.

I'd sure love to see the return of the boycott to pressure for action on civil rights. The Montgomery bus boycott was more complicated than just a tired Rosa Parks not wanting to give up her seat, and the refusal of blacks to ride costing the city money, but it did cost the city enormously from a revenue standpoint and put a huge strain on their public transportation. And while the users may have been predominantly black residents, plenty of white people used the buses too.

If people of color refused to offer Denny's their business and those of us who identify as white and see Denny's as complicit in allowing racist behavior did the same, the place would shut down in short order. If every cop in the world stopped going to Starbucks it wouldn't amount to anything more than a blip on their revenue radar, but if every person out there who is tired of racism boycotted Starbucks after the Philadelphia incident, Starbucks would have either ceased to exist or led the way in real corporate accountability.

I'm tired of living in a country where so much vile racism is commonplace. These corporations can't claim ignorance to it. At best it is willful blindness and at worst they are guilty of actual racist policies. I don't frequent Denny's often, but they've seen the last of my business.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

People still eat at Denny's?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    *Raises hand* My best friend Shelby and I (we're both trans) eat there all the time when we're together. Denny's never complains about us using the women's room, and this is important, Shelby and I can talk for 4 hours. Denny's doesn't tell us we have to get out of there!

And this is from North Carolina: A Denny's manager stood up for a trans woman who had the cops called on her for using the bathroom.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/07/...used-bathroom/
    Last edited by MissThundercat; 07-11-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Isn’t that where tiger finds his women?

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Isn’t that where tiger finds his women?
    I thought that was Perkins. Eh, same difference.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

I thought that was Perkins. Eh, same difference.
    Perkins is still open?
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Invite a bunch of asshats over, and they behave like asshats

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...in-rose-garden

mascot extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    trump's AmeriKKKa: Denny's manager tried to eject 3 black women after they complained about racial slurs

Yes, Denny's has had problems like this before the current occupant of the White House moved in, but 5 or 10 years ago it seemed like we'd occasionally see a lull in public acts of overt racism and now you can find something like this just about anywhere every single day.

I'd sure love to see the return of the boycott to pressure for action on civil rights. The Montgomery bus boycott was more complicated than just a tired Rosa Parks not wanting to give up her seat, and the refusal of blacks to ride costing the city money, but it did cost the city enormously from a revenue standpoint and put a huge strain on their public transportation. And while the users may have been predominantly black residents, plenty of white people used the buses too.

If people of color refused to offer Denny's their business and those of us who identify as white and see Denny's as complicit in allowing racist behavior did the same, the place would shut down in short order. If every cop in the world stopped going to Starbucks it wouldn't amount to anything more than a blip on their revenue radar, but if every person out there who is tired of racism boycotted Starbucks after the Philadelphia incident, Starbucks would have either ceased to exist or led the way in real corporate accountability.

I'm tired of living in a country where so much vile racism is commonplace. These corporations can't claim ignorance to it. At best it is willful blindness and at worst they are guilty of actual racist policies. I don't frequent Denny's often, but they've seen the last of my business.

Identify as white?

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Identify as white?
    Mixed race people who identify as one race over the other.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Perkins is still open?
    Still going pretty strong in Minnesota. Even though it didn't start here, a franchisee here expanded the hell out of them.

HAhaha it took him all day to tweet about Paul

there's a good buck in that racket.

War Mongering Conservadem!

Patton Oswalt did a funny bit about Denny's tonight at the show I was just at. But his lone Trump bit brought the house down.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton Oswalt
    Everyone said that life would be great for comics with Trump as President. You wanna know what it is like being a comedian with Trump as President. Imagine an 18 wheeler filled with monkeys on PCP. And at full speed it crashes into a train FILLED with diarrhea. So now hundreds of monkeys on PCP covered in crap are running around. And people see this and say "HOLY CRAP DID YOU SEE THAT!?!?! And then I walk up and say "hey you want to hear a few jokes about that?!?!" And they say "nah we are good we got a few in our head already seeing this!"
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Mixed race people who identify as one race over the other.
    Strange they choose to "identify as white". Cause there's no such thing as "white privilege".

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    They would pre-screen all of Trump's callers to be supporters.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Teapot Dome?
    One of us is a testament to the power of partisanship. Either you're blind because you can't see it's different or I'm blind because I can't see it's the same.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Labor Secretory Acosta stepping down as of a few minutes ago.

Buckle up kids, it's only mid-morning on Take out the Trash Day.

Thread Information