X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 2 The Turtle Has Total Control

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Here's the thing - most of MN's 2 district is second-ring suburb, and he lost it last year as the incumbent. I think most of the second-ringers will steer slightly away from him in 2020, and there simply aren't enough rural people for him to win the state. It'll be a close race, but Tina Smith (appointed replacement for Stuart Smalley) should win.
    Not only that, but he would have to overcome massive city majorities from the inner part of the twin cities, as well as Duluth and Rochester. Winning a state wide race isn’t the same as a house race in a deeply red district.

I’m not saying this for your sake, obviously.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Him running is the best news possible for the DFL cause he will chances are win the primary and will get people out to vote against him in the general. Any chance the GOP had of getting a for hold here diminished greatly.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I don't know anything about IA. I think I've made that clear.

How on earth did he ever win a gov race?
        Family name recognition + riding on Vilseck's coattails + a no name GOP opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Family name recognition + riding on Vilseck's coattails + a no name GOP opponent.
          So, not repeatable?

Do the IA Dems have anybody with a shot at Ernst? Seems like the state was fairly reasonable up until a decade ago. Has it really become North Kansas? Did IQs drop suddenly?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So, not repeatable?

Do the IA Dems have anybody with a shot at Ernst? Seems like the state was fairly reasonable up until a decade ago. Has it really become North Kansas? Did IQs drop suddenly?
            I wouldn't say it's likely, but Ernst is campaigning as though she's at least a little nervous. Greenfield is probably the early leader for the Dem nomination; her campaign manager screwed her 2 years ago for the congressional seat covering Des Moines by falsifying signatures on her nominating petition. Most of the state party has lined up behind her against Ernst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Him running is the best news possible for the DFL cause he will chances are win the primary and will get people out to vote against him in the general. Any chance the GOP had of getting a for hold here diminished greatly.
              This is my favorite headline about his campaign:

“He's predicted race wars, likened gay marriage to rape, and longed for the days he could call women “sluts” again. Now former Rep. Jason Lewis would like to be your new U.S. senator.”

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                This is my favorite headline about his campaign:

“He's predicted race wars, likened gay marriage to rape, and longed for the days he could call women “sluts” again. Now former Rep. Jason Lewis would like to be your new U.S. senator.”
                That's great. Where's it from?

To be fair, it is just the stock Republican platform.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's great. Where's it from?

To be fair, it is just the stock Republican platform.
                  City pages, so the WaPo it’s not.

http://www.citypages.com/news/jason-lewis-trumps-mini-me-hopes-to-make-minnesota-mean-again/557981801

I love this part:
                  When we last left our hero, the former congressman was unceremoniously dumped after one term representing the St. Paul suburbs and beyond. Karma had arrived at his door. Lewis was ousted convincingly by a lesbian mother of four, Angie Craig.
                  Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 08-23-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Hopefully the righty diaper rash tantrum is dying down. In 2016 that message could have won just to "pwn the libs."
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Chet Culver? Jesus Christ, Kep, you could at least pretend to know what you're talking about.

There's no bench, correct. But Culver couldn't even keep a gladhanding job with the local Y after he got booted from office.

Tom Vilsack?
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        Tom Vilsack?
                        If we re-elected the Stache, I don't see why we couldn't re elect Vilsack.

Having said that, good God do we need fresh blood. That is Tom Miller's political cardinal sin. He's been AG forever, is so popular that the GOP no longer even puts up token sacrificial lambs, is nominally the leader of the state party as its highest ranking statewide official, but has never used his coattails to carry anyone else into office

Comment

Wasn't this guy supposed to be a "rising star"? Why is it every GOP "rising star" that the media annoints ends up flaming out?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...igning-1475243
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Wasn't this guy supposed to be a "rising star"? Why is it every GOP "rising star" that the media annoints ends up flaming out?

It's "flaming out" to stay home to help with a newborn child that's expected to have heart issue? You have a strange priority list, Rover.

Also, the only reason he was a rising star for the GOP is because he was a lumberjack tournament winner for tree climbing.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

I don't know, northern Wisconsin is uncomfortably close to home and I've never heard of the guy.
                              b) Nobody who's actual name is "Duffy" is going anywhere, other than to WalMart.
                              c) I find it admirable when guys like Andrew Luck have the good sense to quit the chase while life is still in front of them and they have a family to spend time with. But I don't know if Duffy had a chance to embezzle enough millions yet to compare the two.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                It's "flaming out" to stay home to help with a newborn child that's expected to have heart issue? You have a strange priority list, Rover.

Also, the only reason he was a rising star for the GOP is because he was a lumberjack tournament winner for tree climbing.
                                His reasons weren't stated when I posted the article. Obviously all the best to his newborn. Wasn't he the Real World alum?
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X