X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 2 The Turtle Has Total Control

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yikes I am all for being pragmatic but this is just stupid. Good lord shut your mouth...
    See Handy, sometimes playing the mealy-mouthed centrist is just stupid. Particularly when you have stupid things to say.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      See Handy, sometimes playing the mealy-mouthed centrist is just stupid. Particularly when you have stupid things to say.
      I don't even understand what she was trying to do. Genuinely a huh? tactic with no upside at all.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        She’s getting worse by the minute

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...Mffr3jeC8GaTUE
        Mealy Mouth Centrism for the win.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hopefully she has a primary challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I dont usually support that plan I just said it was the smarter plan for her in Trumpland if she wanted a chance to win. You cant fix stupid though

Although...they do love stupid down there so maybe this is her attempt at 4D chess

(no not really)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Turtle continues his Ironical Idiot Of All Time reign.

ouse Democrats expressed deep concerns about the White House's ability to protect voting systems in 2020, drawing fresh scrutiny to the administration’s efforts to prevent foreign meddling in another election. But Senate Republicans said they had faith in the administration's handling of the issue and saw no need for further legislation on election security.
              In a floor speech earlier Wednesday, McConnell (R-Ky.) said that while Congress will continue to “assess whether future legislative steps might be needed,” he accused Democrats of making election security a political issue.
              https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...curity-1405742

In the same remarks, McConnell went on to complain about “the election interference that happened on the Obama administration’s watch.”
              http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...cJTm4bXTMpRwUU
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I'm starting to wonder if Mitch isn't a poster on this board and that the only reason he's still in the Senate is to troll Scooby.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I'm starting to wonder if Mitch isn't a poster on this board and that the only reason he's still in the Senate is to troll Scooby.
                  The good news is the DNC hired Brenthoven's stunt double to run against him for the 2020 cycle.

Comment

The good news is the DNC hired Brenthoven's stunt double to run against him for the 2020 cycle.
                    LMFAO.

That's my lunch, all over my monitor.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      he's still in the Senate is to troll the American People.
                      This seems more accurate
                      Well played lolololololol

Comment

Even Kevin M Kruse is going in on her lmfao.

Comment

He’s been ragging on her for a while now. There was a discussion on The Press Pool this week on POTUS about what Nancy is doing. But even they were kind of perplexed by the interview Nancy gave (to the NYT?)
                          Code:

Comment

I follow a lot of people so I only see some of his tweets (usually dunking on Dinesh or some other idiot).

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              I follow a lot of people so I only see some of his tweets (usually dunking on Dinesh or some other idiot).
                              Understood. Twitter can be a bit much if you follow a lot. I try to keep the numbers down. I should probably go in and prune my list since I havne't done that in years.

Kruse and others are the only reason I haven't deleted my account. I still think there are better mediums, but then again, I would have never heard of Kruse without Twitter, so maybe it can be redeemed.

Edit: Watching him savage Dinesh is great. He's almost made an entire career on it.
                              Code:

Comment

Nancy Pelosi, Impeachment, and Places in History

Nancy Pelosi has been reluctant to impeach Donald Trump, but denying the reality of his transgressions will only perpetuate his narcissism and enable him politically.

With regard to the debate over the proper response to Donald Trump’s brazen deeds, Pelosi has not taken impeachment off the table, saying, “I don’t think you should impeach for political reasons, and I don’t think you should not impeach for political reasons.” Yet political reasons seem to be preventing her from pursuing constitutional concerns. Her reasoning is clear: if the House were to launch an impeachment without “overwhelming” evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors and strong bipartisan public support, Trump’s inevitable acquittal in the Republican-controlled Senate would only strengthen him, and he could cruise to reëlection. But, in this instance, Pelosi’s normally acute political judgment is failing her, and the historical precedent she is evidently relying on—the impeachment of President Bill Clinton—is not analogous. In fact, based on the past half century of political history, suppressing an impeachment inquiry seems more likely to help insure Trump’s reëlection. If this happens, Pelosi’s formidable reputation, based on a lifetime of public service and her role as the first female Speaker of the House, will suffer.
                                The basic historical error behind suppressing an impeachment inquiry confuses the genuine crisis surrounding Trump with the manufactured one that engulfed Clinton. In 1998, the House Republicans, lacking public support and all but assured that the Senate, though it was controlled by their own party, would not convict Clinton, impeached him anyway, which only served to win him sympathy and drive up his popularity ratings. Pelosi apparently sees the same thing happening now, but the two cases are very different.
                                When the scandal involving Clinton and Monica Lewinsky broke, in January of 1998, Republicans had been pursuing both Bill and Hillary Clinton for more than five years, and they had come up with nothing. In the view of most Americans, the Lewinsky story, although pathetic and unnerving, never amounted to a case sufficient to justify Clinton’s removal from office, even when attached to Clinton’s dissembling under oath about the matter. Moreover, Clinton, unlike Trump, was a broadly popular President: when the scandal broke, his approval rating hovered around sixty-six per cent; on the day he was impeached, it rose to seventy-three per cent; the week after his acquittal, it was the same as it had been at the beginning: sixty-six per cent.
                                Trump, by contrast, is the least popular President of the postwar period, who enjoys a fiercely loyal base but so far has failed to win the support of more than half those Americans polled. More important, the evidence presented in the Mueller report—regarding the Trump campaign’s expectation that it could benefit from Russian interference and hacking efforts, and numerous contacts with Russians, as well as the President’s subsequent attempts to obstruct justice—is formidable, if, in Mueller’s view, insufficient to “establish” that members of the Trump campaign actually conspired or coördinated with Russia. (The insufficiency, of course, may have been due to the efforts at obstruction that the report describes.) Despite Barr’s efforts to obscure the fact that Mueller’s report does not exonerate the President, only thirty-three per cent of Americans, according to a Quinnipiac poll, believe that the Attorney General has accurately represented the report’s conclusions. That number may fall further after Mueller’s testimony before Congress, which is scheduled for next week.
                                Etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X