X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 2 The Turtle Has Total Control

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Their morons are eerily similar way to ours. Australia is the US if the Hudson River swelled and everything east broke off, drifted out into the ocean, and formed its own country (New Zealand).
    It's like an island entirely made of boomers that we should not try to emulate at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Their morons are eerily similar way to ours. Australia is the US if the Hudson River swelled and everything east broke off, drifted out into the ocean, and formed its own country (New Zealand).
      Better National Anthem
      Australia or
      New Zealand?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Better National Anthem
        Australia or
        New Zealand?
        Boring vs saccharine.

They should have gone with this.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comment

The ones doing it are glad they enabled it.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Boring vs saccharine.

They should have gone with this.
              Advance Australia Fair can be done better.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Guess what's suddenly important again!

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Wednesday blocked an attempt by Democrats to pass an extension of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) tried to win the Senate's consent to approve the House-passed bill, which would reauthorize funding until fiscal 2090. The bill cleared the House in a 402-12 vote last week.

But Paul objected, pointing to the country's growing debt and arguing that any new spending should be offset by cuts to other spending.

"It has long been my feeling that we need to address our massive debt in the country," he said. "And therefore any new spending … should be offset by cutting spending that's less valuable. We need to, at the very least, have this debate."
                Time for our Very Concerned Cafe Conservatives to clutch their pearls about this.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Guess what's suddenly important again!

Time for our Very Concerned Cafe Conservatives to clutch their pearls about this.
                  The 9-11 Firefighters will be valiant sacrifices to lowering the corporate tax rate!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    As one of the few people on here who has ever said anything bad against Ilhan (and it wasnt even bad but I did criticize her) I will say that everything people are saying about her is ridiculous. I may have problems with some biases she has, but as I have said a billion times I voted for her before and if I have the chance I will do so again. Outside of one issue I agree with her on everything and to be honest I dont blame her for her specific bias and dont hold it against her because I dont think it affects her voting or her beliefs. (she also owns it for the most part) We all have biases, as long as they dont stop us from doing the greater good I dont care.

I equate her to my father, who as an older Jewish man has his biases. (especially against Muslims) He admits they are dumb and irrational but he has them. Meanwhile at his previous job 95% of the workforce was Muslim and he loved every dang one of them and never had a bad thing to say about them nor acted in any way like they were a problem. Hell he has said even with his biases if he lived in her district he would vote for Ilhan. His bias doesnt cloud his judgement it is just an irrational feeling.

Now with all of that said...the way she is being treated now is disgusting. Its one thing if she says something stupid and takes some heat but this is just a dickless group of Sister Lovers lashing out because they cant get it up any more. I get that Conservatives dont like her fine that is their choice. But for God sakes she is a naturalized American Citizen you dont get to tell her she has to leave. You dont get to lie about her and say she a terrorist just because she is Muslim. You dont get to treat her as second class because she is a Dark Skinned Woman. Screw you. There are very few things people can do that will literally make me walk away from you mid sentence would be to traffic in dialogue like this. I enjoy having friends from all over the political spectrum but if someone I knew acted this way I would tell them to shut the [bleep] up and if they didnt would have to walk away for fear of doing something stupid. I can take all manner of political BS, conspiracy theories and lies...hell some of them are fun...but this is dangerous and Un-American on a level that hasnt been seen in quite some time. This isnt some stray comment by a blogger or some low rent Dog Catcher in Missingchromosome, AL this is the President of the United States saying it. And this is an entire party too scared to stop him. This is dangerous...Joe McCarthy level dangerous and it needs to be destroyed.

I scanned twitter looking for reactions and I think Kamala Harris condemning it without repeating it was the best way to go about it.

I know certain people around here wont agree with this, and we will all forget this discussion long before the election anyways but I made a prediction the other day and I am actually more convinced now than I was before. I think, 50 years from now when people look back, this will be seen as the tipping point. I personally think this will be the beginning of the end for Trump (in that he will lose...he will still get the usual range of GOP votes) because I think for some (not a lot mind you, but enough) this will be a bridge too far. Sure Angry Old White Christians are still gonna vote for him in droves because obviously Jesus loves Trump cause what Black Hippie from the Middle East doesnt, but I just think if he continues to double down on stuff like "Go Back Where You Came From" he risks energizing bases against him he cant afford. I honestly think if he doesnt ramp this crap down (which he cant...his base craves this) we might see results that even Scooby cant ignore. I honestly think as long as the Dems dont have another 1968 Convention they are golden.

The problem is though, if I am wrong and he still wins then we may have gone too far over the line to come back for a looooooooooooooooooong time which is scary as heck to think about.
                    Last edited by Handyman; 07-18-2019, 11:28 AM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      The 9-11 Firefighters will be valiant sacrifices to lowering the corporate tax rate!
                      Best part is this dbag is in Kentucky who is the state with the second highest rate of needing our federal tax dollars, so blue states like ny are footing their bills.
                      Never mind that rand didn’t care about deficits when he passed the tax cuts

Comment

Fair enough, I know we've disagreed on that at times but for the most part we're on the same page. Also this is hilarious:

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          It's like an island entirely made of boomers that we should not try to emulate at all.
                          But they have Medicare for all!

Comment

zzzzzzzz

(alright admittedly I walked into that one )
                            Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-18-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

This guy has a gun. Nice.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Ilhan Omar flew back to Minnesota last night and was greeted at the airport with a welcome home chant from a huge crowd of people. Very proud of those that were there.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...mar-at-airport
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X