X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 2 The Turtle Has Total Control

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    So, tell me how one Senator can block the bill? Cause if all the other Republicans are a yes then he can't. Mitch could just steamroll it through.
    I think it has something to do with accelerating a bill's passage. As in if it gets unanimous consent it moves forward immediately but if one Senator objects it goes through a more standard and longer process.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      I think it has something to do with accelerating a bill's passage. As in if it gets unanimous consent it moves forward immediately but if one Senator objects it goes through a more standard and longer process.
      Yeah, I read the article then deleted my post. Sounds like it will pass it's just Rand being a dick.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yeah, I read the article then deleted my post. Sounds like it will pass it's just Rand being a dick.
        I had to look it up too. Basically just more attn. whoring from Rand to make himself look good to his tea party base (at least I think that's the calculation he's making). More or less the type of thing his dad would do too.

Hopefully he only has one neighbor...

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Senator from Kentucky...just not the one I expected to block it.
          Both need to go.
          The entire state of Kentucky needs to go. Merge it into Indiana and call it good. Brings like-minded Deplorables together and fixes the Senator problem.

Comment

Maybe if we tell them they are cousins they will be naturally drawn together
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Maybe if we tell them they are cousins they will be naturally drawn together
              Must spread.

Comment

Better start waving to more people in the airport!

Comment

Poor Trix...

https://***********/Redistrict/statu...185972736?s=19

Comment

Meh, that's not a good trend for her and shows that her outlook is a concern at the very least. Nobody is prophesying a sure victory for the dems.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Nobody is prophesying a sure victory for the dems.
                      Look, I know we all think she's vulnerable and we've all been busy calling her all sorts of nasty names, but that doesn't mean she's a lock to lose like a lot of your fellow-traveling Bernouts think.

Comment

Literally nobody has said she's a lock to lose lmfao.

Comment

Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I sometimes wonder if Australia might be the model for American social capitalism/democracy. Overlook the parliamentary system and guns (the latter of which we're moving towards), and we're culturally similar in quite a few other ways. Lots of "cowboy" thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              but that doesn't mean she's a lock to lose like a lot of your fellow-traveling Bernouts think.
                              Source?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I sometimes wonder if Australia might be the model for American social capitalism/democracy. Overlook the parliamentary system and guns (the latter of which we're moving towards), and we're culturally similar in quite a few other ways. Lots of "cowboy" thinking.
                                Their morons are eerily similar way to ours. Australia is the US if the Hudson River swelled and everything east broke off, drifted out into the ocean, and formed its own country (New Zealand).
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X