X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 2 The Turtle Has Total Control

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Right, because since 7 months have passed means they are no longer garbage humans
    And, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Right, because since 7 months have passed means they are no longer garbage humans
      I think Hovey has a valid point. It speaks to way in which we consume and digest information now. It is alive and hot only if and while it is flashing before our eyes, and we process it with our prejudices but without much understanding of its context. We are easily triggered and lazy thinkers. This has probably always been true to some degree, but access to information now is instantaneous and requires little from us other than keystrokes--download, copy, send.

Or maybe he didn't mean anything like that. What the f c do I know.
      Last edited by burd; 11-11-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

So is it now not ok to talk about stuff if it was already discussed in the past? Interesting take...I dont remember that being the case the 12 thousand times the Hillary scandals were brought up, rehashed, dissected and then dismissed for being ridiculous but hey I am sure that is completely different.

Sometimes it is good to remind people about the scum they choose to elect.

Man no wonder Republicans cant stand Impeachment...those crimes happened months/years ago and have been discussed to death! Time for everyone to move on already.

Interesting take from the fanbase that spawned the "7>*" mantra. Living in the past is kind of your thing
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          Why do you hate women?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Yeah, it was introduced, and the House passed it with a handful of Republicans supporting it but most of them voting against, apparently due to some gun rights issue.

Then HuffPost wrote an article about it seven months ago, somebody named "MingCat" woke up from her wine-induced coma, discovered the article and tweeted about it in November, Patricia Arquette, who probably doesn't even know what year it is, re-tweeted it with the comment "157 Republicans just opposed renewing the Violence Against Women Act" providing an amusing look at her version of "just", and then Handy somehow picked it up.

I get it that there is this very voracious appetite for "OMG did you see what the Republicans did today" that has to be fed on twitter, but this seems kind of amusing even for the very low standards of twitter.
            Hey, journalists from und gotta work somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              So is it now not ok to talk about stuff if it was already discussed in the past?
              This was already discussed. Catch up, Boomer!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                This was already discussed. Catch up, Boomer!
                Gen X thank you very much
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  So is it now not ok to talk about stuff if it was already discussed in the past? Interesting take...I dont remember that being the case the 12 thousand times the Hillary scandals were brought up, rehashed, dissected and then dismissed for being ridiculous but hey I am sure that is completely different.

Sometimes it is good to remind people about the scum they choose to elect.

Man no wonder Republicans cant stand Impeachment...those crimes happened months/years ago and have been discussed to death! Time for everyone to move on already.

Interesting take from the fanbase that spawned the "7>*" mantra. Living in the past is kind of your thing
                  Oh jeez relax. So you’re one of six people regularly checking in to see what words of wisdom P. Arquette has to pass along, she re-tweeted some dated material and you got burned by it. The sun will still come up tomorrow.

Plus, it’s 8 now.
                  Last edited by SJHovey; 11-11-2019, 10:20 PM.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    And, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
                    I laughed out loud. My favorite was always:
                    "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still valiantly holding on in his fight to remain dead."
                    Especially when Garrett Morris did it for the hearing impaired.
                    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                    Groucho Marx
                    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                    Ron White
                    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                    Milo Bloom

Comment

Oh jeez relax. So you’re one of six people regularly checking in to see what words of wisdom P. Arquette has to pass along, she re-tweeted some dated material and you got burned by it. The sun will still come up tomorrow.

Plus, it’s 8 now.
                      Im fine...just saying your little diatribe is disingenuous.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Im fine...just saying your little diatribe is disingenuous.
                        I would say "disappointed" would be a better word. The daily embedded tweets of "look what they did/said today" are one of the reasons why I check in on Cafe. Sort of like the comic pages of my newspaper, I suppose. Nothing worse than when the paper tries to foist on old Andy Capp re-print on you.

Comment

I would say "disappointed" would be a better word. The daily embedded tweets of "look what they did/said today" are one of the reasons why I check in on Cafe. Sort of like the comic pages of my newspaper, I suppose. Nothing worse than when the paper tries to foist on old Andy Capp re-print on you.
                          There are only three Andy Capps that are constantly reused:

Andy (his wife) comes home drunk and his wife (Andy) slugs him (her).

Andy leers at a posh bird in the pool room.

Andy has no money to pay his bill at the pub.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sorry, AOC, but the President gets to select his advisors.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks has filed and will run in CA25, the seat vacated by Katie Hill last month.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks has filed and will run in CA25, the seat vacated by Katie Hill last month.
                                That's great.

Also, "Cenk Uygur" was the name of my 80s post-punk funk A Certain Ratio tribute band.

(My God I'm going to have this song in my head all day now, so you are too.)
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X