This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 2 The Turtle Has Total Control

That, and the GOP held the House for 8 years and had to fight their own Freedom Caucus to pass basic debt ceiling/budget extensions with Democratic votes. Either you stay in the minority which is no fun with House rules or you have a tiny majority owned by the Freedom Caucus again.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Plus even if you are a racist troll you dont want to be branded us such and purged when the backlash hits. Better to reire so later you dont look like a loser and later on when doing the talk show circuit you can present yourself as a man of honor. Its a tale as old as time.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

if the democrats take the white house what are the chances MoscowMitch would block all supreme court nominations at ANY time during the new president's first term?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          if the democrats take the white house what are the chances MoscowMitch would block all supreme court nominations at ANY time during the new president's first term?
          60/40 in favor.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Of course he wouldn't. They set very clearly what the rules were back in 2016 and there's no way they would continue to add clauses that help only them.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Of course he wouldn't. They set very clearly what the rules were back in 2016 and there's no way they would continue to add clauses that help only them.
              And he certainly wouldn’t renege on that. He’s an honorable man.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                It’s 100. He’s already admitted the rules aren’t consistent. I don’t think he would ever consider a nomination from a dem president.
                Get the senate back.

Comment

It's basically a given, unless the Dem nominates conservatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    It's basically a given, unless the Dem nominates conservatives.
                    *cough*Garland*cough*
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      *cough*Garland*cough*
                      Garland was a moderate. At this point they're basically going to have to nominate 50 year-old Gorsuch clones to get anyone past Itch.

Comment

Moscow Mitch will never confirm another Democratic nominee. We will need the Senate from now on. This is why when we gain the Senate we need to create at least 2 new SCOTUS seats to compensate for Gorsuch. Fairer would be two more to compensate for the other Russian nominee, Kavanaugh.

We should do the same to compensate for all federal bench slots that have been filled by Russian nominees.

The GOP is playing with live ammunition. Opposing them with tea and crumpets is why the public thinks we are pu-sies.

#enoughalready
                        Last edited by Kepler; 07-31-2019, 01:57 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Moscow Mitch will never confirm another Democratic nominee. We will need the Senate from now on. This is why when we gain the Senate we need to create at least 2 new SCOTUS seats to compensate for Gorsuch. Fairer would be two more to compensate for the other Russian nominee, Kavanaugh.

We should do the same to compensate for all federal bench slots that have been filled by Russian nominees.

The GOP is playing with live ammunition. Opposing them with tea and crumpets is why the public thinks we are pu-sies.

#enoughalready
                          This. So much this.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Rules schmules

“GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham is threatening to forego Senate Judiciary Committee rules requiring at least two Democratic members be present to vote on legislation so he can ram through his bill that would dramatically overhaul US asylum laws, including changing the number of days minors crossing the border can be held in custody.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...enate-tensions

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Rules schmules

“GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham is threatening to forego Senate Judiciary Committee rules requiring at least two Democratic members be present to vote on legislation so he can ram through his bill that would dramatically overhaul US asylum laws, including changing the number of days minors crossing the border can be held in custody.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...enate-tensions
                              I'm just so surprised that Republicans can change the rules whenever they want and they can take advantage of the rules whenever they want. Just so surprising cause the Democrats can never do that.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                I'm just so surprised that Republicans can change the rules whenever they want and they can take advantage of the rules whenever they want. Just so surprising cause the Democrats can never do that.
                                Am I missing the part about what's the point, since if he tries to get this by the Dem House Nancy is going to put a heel in Lindsey's back side?
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X