X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

We need someone who proposes real solutions to those problems. Bernie definitely does, Warren has some decent ideas, the rest not so much.
    And this and 50 cents will get you a newspaper and not much else if you can't be bothered to elect like minded people to Congress. That takes sustained effort over multiple elections. As I said before, go out and win some of these key senate races next year for starters. If progressive candidates win in places like AZ, GA, NC for example, a hypothetical President Biden isn't going to ignore the message that sends.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yeah I get that, I think certain candidates will fare better in getting people to vote in down ballot races than others. Some racist idiot with zero good ideas and none of the grass roots support of the other candidates probably won't accomplish that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        And this and 50 cents will get you a newspaper and not much else if you can't be bothered to elect like minded people to Congress. That takes sustained effort over multiple elections. As I said before, go out and win some of these key senate races next year for starters. If progressive candidates win in places like AZ, GA, NC for example, a hypothetical President Biden isn't going to ignore the message that sends.
        You don't see the disconnect? The Dems had control and passed Obamacare and had total control after the GOP overstepped. Many, many things in Obamacare are Gospel now. Kids till 26. Pre-existing conditions. What they got for passing it was a complete lack of power and a lot of lost elections.

So, if they don't find a way to do both we are lost. The GOP is able to steal money (tax cuts) and not lose elections at the same time.
        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 06-20-2019, 11:18 AM.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          You don't see the disconnect?
          Voters: *****ed that real wages have stagnated for 40 years, losing their house because of illegal foreclosure, medical bankruptcies, can't afford $400 emergency*
          Joe Biden: Nothing will fundamentally change under me including your standard of living
          Rover/Handy: Why didn't the voters vote!?!?!?

Comment

Yeah I get that, I think certain candidates will fare better in getting people to vote in down ballot races than others. Some racist idiot with zero good ideas and none of the grass roots support of the other candidates probably won't accomplish that.
            Those have to be separate considerations or you're doomed to fail. The changes you guys want to make won't occur in one election. Win lose or draw Biden has at most 8 years in office. You elect a Senator and they'll only be starting their 2nd term by the time he's done. It astounds me that people with such grand dreams would stay home and not vote for a down ballot progressive because they don't like the top of the ticket. Knuckledraggers didn't take elections off after getting clobbered in 92, 96, 2008, or 2012. Their focus on turning the USA into a white supremacist nation funded by payoffs from Vlady Putin never wavered. Dems need to put out the same sustained effort.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

I don't think anyone is arguing that you don't need to do both for long term success.

Comment

Yeah but you are basically saying if Biden gets elected the Left will ignore that.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Voters: *****ed that real wages have stagnated for 40 years, losing their house because of illegal foreclosure, medical bankruptcies, can't afford $400 emergency*
                  Joe Biden: Nothing will fundamentally change under me including your standard of living
                  Rover/Handy: Why didn't the voters vote!?!?!?
                  I think the problem now is were too far gone. The GOP played the long game and they won. I'm not sure we have the patience to fight the long game because it's probably too late for a lot of things. Especially the environment.

That's why I'm struggling with the answer here. I know Joe Biden is better than the GOP. But, that's not the point anymore. We all stood up and elected Obama and the GOP effectively neutered him. They turned a positive (Obamacare) into a negative and swept the country back up again after the War and ownership society overrreach. And what did we get for it? A ton of lost elections, Donald Trump, and another 1.5 trillion stolen. We never should have fired Howard Dean. He wanted to fight everywhere.

If you want to blame someone we can blame the Democratic Party. The chairs they have had since Howard Dean have been horrible. Still not convinced on Perez. Not in the slightest.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's historically what's happened when you essentially tell them to F off and die, which is essentially what Joe's message to young people is.

Comment

That's historically what's happened when you essentially tell them to F off and die, which is essentially what Joe's message to young people is.
                      Hopefully the GOP's swath of "easy" votes is really getting less and less. I have my doubts. But, I think that's the only hope we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Aw poor babies. They can still kiss off then.

If they don't see they are better off with Biden than Trump they deserve to be told to f off and die.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

If they don't see they are better off with Biden than Trump they deserve to be told to f off and die.
                          Yeah...when people are saying that even Lizzy Warren isn't liberal enough, its time to pack up and back away slowly towards the nearest open door.

Comment

It doesn't matter what they think, what matters is what actually happens. If your party constantly ignores the will of the people, especially if it's being hostile towards its ever growing number of younger members, then it's going to become a relic.

Comment

It doesn't matter what they think, what matters is what actually happens. If your party constantly ignores the will of the people, especially if it's being hostile towards its ever growing number of younger members, then it's going to become a relic.
                              That would be dependent upon Sanders type progressives being the majority of the party. We'll find out if that's true or not as the primary play out...unless evil genius Debbie Wasserman Schultz gets involved again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                "It's the Bernie Bros' fault!" he yelled as he was taken away to the death camp.
                                Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                That would be dependent upon Sanders type progressives being the majority of the party.
                                They don't need to be for history to repeat itself. But you already know that and are arguing in circles per usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X