This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Biden is playing to his strengths in an inarticulate way. He knows that he isn't going to appeal to 20 year old progressives (or middle aged hippie wannabes) who think Obama was a conservative. So he's planting his flag with two constituencies - 1) working class older whites (think union voters) and 2) non-whites based on his time serving with Obama. While Booker was fanning the faux outrage flames, notice how the Congressional Black Caucus members rose to Biden's defense.

Were Biden going 1 on 1 with somebody to his left, I'm not sure this would work. BUT, if his rivals, particularly Sanders and Warren, continue to split the vote up through Super Tuesday the delegate math will work out in his favor which is really all that matters in terms of securing the nomination.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      He is trying to play the "adult in the room card" in hopes of winning over those that are sick of the bickering. So far it is working.
      The people that are sick of the bickering are blaming the wrong party.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        That isnt the point and you know it.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Scoobs some people when they're getting p issed on like to be told that its raining out. I think its stupid too but unfortunately a lot of low information voters are needed to put you over the top.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            That isnt the point and you know it.
            Ok, what is the point then? Cause if it's just about getting elected and then being Obama all over again while Turtle Boy ****s you at every turn my answer is NO.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              All I can think is that it's a gambit. He can't possibly actually believe Republican Members or voters are reasonable people any longer. If Newt didn't prove it, if Dubya didn't prove it, if Mitch didn't prove it, then Dump put it on display for everyone to see.

So, it's a bit -- he's trying to accomplish something. What is that thing? It's not to attract Dump voters because he's saying Dump is the problem. It's not to attract anti-Dump Republicans because they don't exist anymore or, if somewhere they still maintain their R card because it dropped down a sewer and they can't be bothered to change it, they have long since stopped actually voting R. So just *** is he doing? Is this his way of angling that Warren is too "divisive" because she's an actual liberal? Is he so f-cking out of it that he thinks there is still an undecided middle who just wants amity?
              He thinks he can attract old dumb boomers who don't pay attention to politics with a message of, "we'll go back to normalcy via magic!", and his name recognition. It's a cynical move.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Ok, what is the point then? Cause if it's just about getting elected and then being Obama all over again while Turtle Boy ****s you at every turn my answer is NO.
                The point is some people don't follow the ins and outs and don't care who is at fault they just want it done. That is who he is courting.

Whether they are right or not is immaterial he needs their support to win the nomination.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  For us? There is no point to a Biden presidency unless you want more incompetency, a huge loss in down ballot races two years from now, and likely a GOP president 4 years from now (who I'm sure will be totally reasonable and not at all a fascist who is likely smarter than Trump, not exactly a difficult accomplishment). For Biden, he gets to be president.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    For us? There is no point to a Biden presidency unless you want more incompetency, a huge loss in down ballot races two years from now, and likely a GOP president 4 years from now (who I'm sure will be totally reasonable and not at all a fascist who is likely smarter than Trump, not exactly a difficult accomplishment). For Biden, he gets to be president.
                    With all due respect I think this is a bit lazy. Biden is irrelevant to passing progressive legislation, as is Sanders, if progressives don't kick butt in downballot races in 2020 starting with the Senate. Biden isn't going to veto progressive priorities that make it through Congress. If progressives are going to stay home two years later because they didn't get every goody they asked for without doing the actual work to get to that point, then they deserve this fascist that you're seeing the rear view mirror. Vote, or deal with living under Nazi's. Its actually not that complicated.

Comment

No it isn't, the guy is not going to generate any excitement with his god awful agenda and at best we'll get another Obama presidency (and more realistically it'll be more regressive) and we all know what that lead to. Maybe you don't think Trump is a direct indictment of the Obama presidency but I don't agree. And if you think Obama's actions had nothing to do with down ballot losses in midterms I'm also going to disagree.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-20-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

It appears to me that the GOP has set things up where as long as they have 41 Senators it won't matter. So, we need a cycle where the President comes out every day and says to the American people, "you could have all this, and these are the compromises we have offered. The other side has offered none."

That's not what's happening now. Every time they open their mouth they say that the Dems don't want to compromise with them. It's backwards. The President needs to change this narrative.

Or, we can just do Obama all over again.

Comment

No it isn't, the guy is not going to generate any excitement with his god awful agenda and at best we'll get another Obama presidency (and more realistically it'll be more regressive) and we all know what that lead to. Maybe you don't think Trump is a direct indictment of the Obama presidency but I don't agree.
                          Its a direct indictment of whiny liberals who don't want to show up if every single thing doesn't go their way. I hope they learned their lesson next time but I'm skeptical. It takes years and years of constant voting to change the makeup of Congress. Saint Bernie of Vermont will get jack passed if he doesn't have more allies in the House and Senate. That's simple math. You know the Senate seats that are up: CO, ME, IA, NC, GA, TX, AZ - progressives need to work like hell to knock these people off and get somebody in their own mold in there. If you can't do that then don't whine if UBI and Medicare for All doesn't happen in time for the 2022 mid terms.

Comment

Yes just blame the electorate and hope they magically want austerity and zero punishment for white collar criminals who caused the financial meltdown, good solution. Guessing the Third Way came to the conclusion that all voters secretly want that!

And yeah of course Bernie is gonna have trouble getting stuff passed if he wins. That also applies to literally any president who wins in a time of extreme polarization and a senate controlled by the opposition.

Comment

Well if Biden gets elected and then 4 years later loses because the Left stays home the loss is on them end of story.

If you aren't motivated to vote then screw off you are part of the problem. But hey at least you have your principles!

Biden > any GOP candidate and if the Left doesn't agree screw them they are dumber than Trump. And if they don't like the truth too bad. The "centrists" have to deal with their idiocies and criticisms and so does the Left.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If Biden offers zero solutions to the problems we've been facing for like 40 years then what exactly do you think is going to happen? We can debate whether or not the voters made a good choice or should've voted for half measures that do nothing but ultimately that's irrelevant, what actually happens is.

We need someone who proposes real solutions to those problems. Bernie definitely does, Warren has some decent ideas, the rest not so much.

And yeah if your side keeps losing because of the awful policy prescriptions you put forth and you're unwilling to change, who exactly is being the principled one?
                                Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-20-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X