X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I assume everyone in the field except Warren and Bernie are snakes. I don't mind a snake as long as we have leverage over them to force them to enact liberal policies (e.g. LBJ and for that matter FDR). I don't need a buddy I need a cut-throat pol who knows I have a gun to their belly.
    Agreed. That is why despite my being a big fan of Klobuchar I want her out of the race and fast. (see also: Inslee) We dont need someone nice and friendly, we need someone that will bring a gun to a gun fight. Someone who knows the game and can play it. They may not be the purest but I just cant care in the modern era of politics. Win at all costs and apologize later.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Surprised so many of you were surprised by Castro. Not saying he's going to get the nod but I've been impressed by him since the very first time I learned who he was and started digging.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Chuck Todd was on brand:

At what price?
        Funding?

There ARE questions involved
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          At what price?
          The price of our... sniff... freedom.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Surprised so many of you were surprised by Castro. Not saying he's going to get the nod but I've been impressed by him since the very first time I learned who he was and started digging.
            Castro was the boy wonder 10 years ago. Then he was buried in the Obama cabinet and aside from going on the talk show circuit and being charming he really had nothing. I had gone from being hopeful to writing him off, and then last night it was the old self plus a lot of fire. He's the Manfred ball.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

1. Elizabeth Warren was absent for a long stretch because they ignored her. They did not distribute things very evenly and they did not follow their own rules. Warren followed the rules of the debate. She won hands down.
              2. Ryan was on Morning Joe this morning calling the whole party coastal elitists and saying if he's the nominee he can win the Presidency and take out Lindsey Graham and Turtle Boy all in the same election. Cause he's a working mans working man. Uh, huh. He also was hell bent on keeping private insurance. Really? People like insurance companies now? Really? No, I don't.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                At what price?
                Funding?

There ARE questions involved
                Not the least of which would be, how will they work any better than the complete failures experienced in the numerous buy back programs tried in this country in the past 20 years? The most common problems:

1. People are told they can show up and turn in their gun for cash or a gift card of a pre-determined amount. People interested in buying guns show up at the event and offer slightly more. The event turns into an unlicensed, open air gun bazaar.

2. The event results in a recycling of every worthless piece of rusted, non-working firearm people can find in their storage shed, garage, or barn.

3. In what seems to be the oddest twist, multiple cities have experienced an increase in shootings and assaults with firearms during the buyback period, although why, no one seems to know.

4. Any studies performed on buy back programs have concluded that no impact on gun crime, up or down, can be correlated with the program.

Those would have all been good questions to dig into.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I don't think anyone is arguing a gun buyback would solve all problems related to guns nor is that the point of that tweet.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  2. Ryan was on Morning Joe this morning calling the whole party coastal elitists and saying if he's the nominee he can win the Presidency and take out Lindsey Graham and Turtle Boy all in the same election. Cause he's a working mans working man. Uh, huh. He also was hell bent on keeping private insurance. Really? People like insurance companies now? Really? No, I don't.
                  Ryan is awful and completely out of touch with the future of the party.
                  Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-27-2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Any buyback program obviously has to be paired with a toothy ban on specific types of firearms, or else it's completely pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Really? People like insurance companies now? Really? No, I don't.
                      A lot of people like their current insurance. Fix / improve Obamacare and provide a public option will sell to the general population better than “everyone is going on Medicare”

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Any buyback program obviously has to be paired with a toothy ban on specific types of firearms, or else it's completely pointless.
                        Exactly, that's what Australia did.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          A lot of people like their current insurance. Fix / improve Obamacare and provide a public option will sell to the general population better than “everyone is going on Medicare”
                          Yeah, the handful of people who get free botox or whatever probably love it. The vast majority of people don't come out ahead with private insurance.

Comment

Yup. I'm not opposed to Medicare for All. My issue is what happens in the meantime. Just like people can walk and chew gum at the same time, Congress can easily even with a narrow Dem majority in both houses pass expanding Medicare to 50 and older lets say. I challenge Republicans to vote against that, since its older working class whiteys who would probably benefit the most from a policy like that.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yeah, you like it. Until they **** you. Then you don't like it.

From Elizabeth Warren's Facebook.

I (Elizabeth Warren) spent a big chunk of my life studying why families go broke, and one of the top reasons is a medical emergency. That's not right. Our system is working for corporations making a profit, but not for families. That's why I'm fighting for Medicare for All. #DemDebate
                              "She walks out of here in a better place then when she started the night and in a better position to be the Democratic nominee then when the night started. I think it's a huge win for Elizabeth Warren." -- John Heilemann
                              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 06-27-2019, 09:47 AM.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A lot of people like their current insurance.
                                Who? 27 year olds who are fully healthy and don't want it? Where do you meet them?
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X