This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Surprised Trump hasn't tried to make "Boring Biden" stick yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I can't figure out what black people see in guys like Biden.
      I wouldn't be surprised if there is a generational split in black support for Biden. Older black voters are on the Clinton Plantation. They know the Democratic machine of folks like Donna Brazile, Maxine Waters, Charlie Rangle, Elijah Cummings. These are old school, institutional, and completely dialed into (and compromised by) the traditional funding sources and media channels within the DNC.

Younger black voters are probably not going to follow that machine, particularly since young black liberal leaders now have their own voices and are not being mediated through either the white establishment of the party or the Civil Rights-Black Church Industrial Complex that was King's legacy.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Surprised Trump hasn't tried to make "Boring Biden" stick yet.
        The media was all proud of him when he was just calling Nancy, Nancy. Now it's "Nervous Nancy".
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if there is a generational split in black support for Biden. Older black voters are on the Clinton Plantation. They know the Democratic machine of folks like Donna Brazile, Maxine Waters, Charlie Rangle, Elijah Cummings. These are old school, institutional, and completely dialed into (and compromised by) the traditional funding sources and media channels within the DNC.

Younger black voters are probably not going to follow that machine, particularly since young black liberal leaders now have their own voices and are not being mediated through either the white establishment of the party or the Civil Rights-Black Church Industrial Complex that was King's legacy.
          So you WILL be adding racism to your repertoire of misogyny if your candidate doesn't win! Good to know.

You ought to be beaten senseless for comparing Rangle to Cummings but since they're both older blacks I guess every one of them is the same in Kep's view?
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            This battleground tracker poll is a good example of why Sanders and Warren need to consolidate their support behind one candidate to go toe to toe with Uncle Joe. My preference obviously is for Bernie to take one for the team and endorse Warren as she's the better candidate.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-new...-close-behind/

All this is way early of course, but does anybody not think Warren and Sanders are competing for the same portion of the Dem base?
            It's her turn
            Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-17-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I can't figure out what black people see in guys like Biden. An old, white, entrenched DC elitist who is "blue collar" just because he drops the occasional f-bomb on live TV? A guy who basically blew off Anita Hill's testimony? Really?
              Anita Hill said she might vote for him if he gets the nom...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Anita Hill said she might vote for him if he gets the nom...
                Consider the alternative.

Comment

Consider the alternative.
                  I am just saying...the example everyone uses is Hill and even she wont hesitate. It is one thing for her to think that (something we all agree with) but to say it publicly is her tacitly letting a lot of people off the hook for ignoring his evils to support him.

I still think Mayor Pete is going to be his downfall for a bevy of reasons.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    [rabble}...comparing Rangle to Cummings
                    I'm actually with Rover on these four words...

One of these things is not like the other ones...
                    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Donna Brazile, Maxine Waters, Charlie Rangle, Elijah Cummings
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Mayor Pete is veep material for someone like Warren.

Comment

Mayor Pete is veep material for someone like Warren.
                        I said Beto had serious promise back in 2018. Boy was I wrong. I hope I'm not wrong about Mayor Pete seeming like a great candidate. Some time in federal office would probably do him well. Or ruin him. One of the two.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I am just saying...the example everyone uses is Hill and even she wont hesitate. It is one thing for her to think that (something we all agree with) but to say it publicly is her tacitly letting a lot of people off the hook for ignoring his evils to support him.

I still think Mayor Pete is going to be his downfall for a bevy of reasons.
                          As Scoobs correctly stated (there's some words that rarely go together ) Mayor Pete needs to start winning over non-white voters. SOMEBODY not named Biden needs to appeal to what makes up a huge slice of the Dem electorate in delegate rich places. Even if its merely to split the vote so that Uncle Joe doesn't walk away with all of the delegates.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I'm actually with Rover on these four words...

One of these things is not like the other ones...
                            Not talking about their merit; talking about their patronage system. They are all card-carrying members of the old "go along to get along" Democratic system. They probably needed to be to get anywhere in what when they started out was still an incredibly racist status quo even within the DNC membership; certainly within the 1%er donor base.

The newbies OTOH are King's dreamt-of children, and they're well beyond King. Our approval does not mean sh-t to them, thank god. The days of please massa are over.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 06-17-2019, 10:52 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I said Beto had serious promise back in 2018. Boy was I wrong. I hope I'm not wrong about Mayor Pete seeming like a great candidate. Some time in federal office would probably do him well. Or ruin him. One of the two.
                              O'Rourke is the white Marco Rubio. Handsome face, nice haircut, empty suit.

Comment

O'Rourke is the white Marco Rubio. Handsome face, nice haircut, empty suit.
                                Marco won his election.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X