X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Not talking about their merit; talking about their patronage system. They are all card-carrying members of the old "go along to get along" Democratic system. They probably needed to be to get anywhere in what when they started out was still an incredibly racist status quo even within the DNC membership; certainly within the 1%er donor base.

The newbies OTOH are King's dreamt-of children, and they're well beyond King. Our approval does not mean sh-t to them, thank god. The days of please massa are over.
    Again, blatant condescension mixed in with racial stereotypes, but it doesn't answer the question of how Cummings and Rangle are comparable. Rangle had a litany of ethics violations and a strong whiff of corruption which may fit into your "blacks as house servants to white masters" schtick as evidenced by the sentence bolded from your quote above. I'm not aware of any of that affecting Cummings, nor am I sure where the evidence is that he's a tool of the 1%?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The black vote is just a subset of the dem party in general, the main and maybe even sole priority for a lot of people is beating Trump and they want someone who will do that. Now I question whether Biden is truly as electable as people think and despite all the damage control in the world he's still had his share of gaffes already. We'll see if people still perceive him to be the most electable after some debates and more time in the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        The black vote is just a subset of the dem party in general, the main and maybe even sole priority for a lot of people is beating Trump and they want someone who will do that. Now I question whether Biden is truly as electable as people think and despite all the damage control in the world he's still had his share of gaffes already. We'll see if people still perceive him to be the most electable after some debates and more time in the spotlight.
        Biden is probably bulletproof on gaffes. Whenever he makes one the obvious thought is... "but Dump has done things a million times worse." Probably within the prior fifteen minutes.

Having a gaffe machine might actually keep making relevant just what a yahoo Dump is. Biden's insulated is what I'm saying.

He's a perfectly acceptable candidate; he'd just be a missed opportunity. But when the Germans are literally at the gates of Stalingrad you can't be choosy about how you fight back. Just beat the Nazis back.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Biden is probably bulletproof on gaffes. Whenever he makes one the obvious thought is... "but Dump has done things a million times worse." Probably within the prior fifteen minutes.
          Not really when Trump can just both sides him and equate his issues (particularly with women and race) with Biden's when he's constantly touching young people inappropriately and has a history of racial gaffes that will undoubtedly come to the forefront if he makes it to a general. I don't think it's a sure thing that Biden would lose or anything but it'd certainly be close and the idea that he's more electable than the rest of the field is mostly just based on early polling that will probably shift.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            It’s just a subset, but in the primaries you still have to do well in SEC country even though it’s not in play in the general. Bernie lost by about the same number of votes in Alabama as he did in New York, the problem being Alabama had roughly two million fewer voters, so he actually lost more total ground in the delegate count in Alabama.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              It’s just a subset, but in the primaries you still have to do well in SEC country even though it’s not in play in the general. Bernie lost by about the same number of votes in Alabama as he did in New York, the problem being Alabama had roughly two million fewer voters, so he actually lost more total ground in the delegate count in Alabama.
              No arguments here, my point was more that there's probably nothing particularly unique about their vote/subset and their preferences probably reflect what most dems want.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I said Beto had serious promise back in 2018. Boy was I wrong. I hope I'm not wrong about Mayor Pete seeming like a great candidate. Some time in federal office would probably do him well. Or ruin him. One of the two.
                Beto gives good speeches but says nothing. Mayor Pete can speak on tons of issues and do so in a way that isnt condescending which is rare on the Left. Beto is a pop band Mayor Pete is a band of substance.

As for Biden v. Pete Pete may have issues with the black vote for now but if he lasts a while that should change. Even if he struggles he will kill Joe on the youth vote which is more important than the Black vote at this stage.

I don't think he is going to win (I agree he will be a Veep) unless some high profile people drop and endorse him. If that isnt the case he is going to have a lot of chips in the game so whoever is left will be courting him like mad. And unlike say Harris or Warren or Booker the Dems dont lose a piece on the chessboard if he goes for Veep. (see also: Beto)

I gotta say though...of the potential matchups that one could really be the most eye opening. Pete is a Vet and a Midwestern Mayor who is religious...outside of being Gay he is literally what you expect the GOP to support. Meanwhile Trump is an East Coast "Elite" who dodged service and can't spell God let alone pray to him. The Party of Bob Dole and John McCain would have to vote for the exact opposite of them in the face of a candidate who is everything they support minus the "God Hates Fags" part. The GOP let the Evangelicals destroy them.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  As for Biden v. Pete Pete may have issues with the black vote for now but if he lasts a while that should change. Even if he struggles he will kill Joe on the youth vote which is more important than the Black vote at this stage.

I don't know if I'd assume either of these. There's no evidence as of yet that he'd have any more traction with non-whites than Warren or Sanders or Harris. I'd also say the youth vote is Bernie's to lose and older voters tend to outvote young ones even in the Dem primaries. There's an assumption out of pundidiotry that the typical Dem primary voter is a twenty something college educated progressive. That could very well end up being true but I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it yet.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

He has no chance because there’s no money behind him but **** I love this: https://youtu.be/3oimzjDbH7E
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Anita Hill said she might vote for him if he gets the nom...
                      that's because she understands something out local "centrist" doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        So you WILL be adding racism to your repertoire of misogyny if your candidate doesn't win! Good to know.

You ought to be beaten senseless for comparing Rangle to Cummings but since they're both older blacks I guess every one of them is the same in Kep's view?
                        We all look the same to a lot of you
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Surprised Trump hasn't tried to make "Boring Biden" stick yet.
                          Honestly, one can’t improve on ‘creepy uncle joe’

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            . Cummings, nor am I sure where the evidence is that he's a tool of the 1%?
                            hahahahaha
                            He IS the 1%

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              hahahahaha
                              He IS the 1%
                              So are you, but we don't hold that against you.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                He has no chance because there’s no money behind him but **** I love this: https://youtu.be/3oimzjDbH7E
                                There will be plenty of money coming in if he keeps rising.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X