X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    That would be dependent upon Sanders type progressives being the majority of the party. We'll find out if that's true or not as the primary play out...unless evil genius Debbie Wasserman Schultz gets involved again!!!
    Doesn't matter cause all the centrist Democrats play the "I wish Mitch McConnell would work with us" game. How's that going? There's a pile of House bills passed right now that will NEVER see the light of day.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Doesn't matter cause all the centrist Democrats play the "I wish Mitch McConnell would work with us" game. How's that going? There's a pile of House bills passed right now that will NEVER see the light of day.
      *Largest midterm turnout since forever and a historic upset (given the gerrymandering) which was mostly predicated on impeaching Trump*
      "IIIIIIII think impeachment would be hard" - Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        *Largest midterm turnout since forever and a historic upset (given the gerrymandering) which was mostly predicated on impeaching Trump*
        She may be right. Look what happened to them after they passed Obamacare.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

She may be right. Look what happened to them after they passed Obamacare.
          As we've discussed many times there's a bit more to it than that.

Comment

It doesn't matter what they think, what matters is what actually happens. If your party constantly ignores the will of the people, especially if it's being hostile towards its ever growing number of younger members, then it's going to become a relic.
            Yeah and if what actually happens is they cry like the spoiled babies they are and dont vote they are the cause of their own destruction. You can deny it all you want to but it is the truth. And that is what you are suggesting will happen which puts the onus on them.

Then again if they were "the will of the people" their numbers would dwarf the "centrists" they so hate and they would win. Now this is where you bring up conspiracy theories and money and such but no one in the Dem Party is denying the "Left: True Voice of the People" from going to the polls and voting. So if you are right, and these impassioned Progressives are the true representatives of the people they should be able to get out the vote and make things right. Problem is they never quite do that...

Look I understand being frustrated, hell I even agree with the vast majority of what they say and stand for, but these people cut off their nose to spite their face. They may have the right ideas and the right motivations but their political acumen and strategy is severely lacking. In a normal scenario I would be all for them acting petulant out of principle but these arent normal times and until things get back to normal the Dems need to start acting like Republicans. This is a binary system, you are either part of the solution or part of the problem. If you stay home because you dont like who wins the Dem Primary you are as pathetic and wrong-headed as a Trumper. End of flippin story.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Yeah and if what actually happens is they cry like the spoiled babies they are and dont vote they are the cause of their own destruction. You can deny it all you want to but it is the truth. And that is what you are suggesting will happen which puts the onus on them.
              Yes it's all the fault of individual voters, not the party that would rather support the blatantly racist guy who brags about working with segregationists over a guy who wants to give people a healthcare system comparable to the rest of the developed world.

conspiracy theories and money
              It's not a conspiracy theory if they openly admit to doing these things publicly.

Look I understand being frustrated, hell I even agree with the vast majority of what they say and stand for, but these people cut off their nose to spite their face. They may have the right ideas and the right motivations but their political acumen and strategy is severely lacking.
              Look who's president lmfao. If the opposite strategy was as sound as you're making it out to be that wouldn't be the case. The overton window wouldn't have shifted right for 40 years to the point where we have loonbats on the Supreme Court whining about Clinton conspiracies during their hearing. This is lunacy.

Comment

No it wasnt, it was predicated on the Health Care debate...and it was Nancy Pelosi who championed that. The "Impeachment" was polling in the 30s percentage-wise. Even now it is in the low 40s. Keep trying though...

The Progressives ripping Nancy is about as pathetic and laughable as the Bernie Bros ripping Warren. They couldnt carry Nancy's jock.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Uhhh no
                  Sixty-seven percent of self-identified Democratic respondents said lawmakers should begin impeachment proceedings, the first step toward removing a president from office, according to the poll released Wednesday, an increase from the 59 percent of Democrats who favored impeachment in an April survey.

Comment

No it wasnt, it was predicated on the Health Care debate...and it was Nancy Pelosi who championed that. The "Impeachment" was polling in the 30s percentage-wise. Even now it is in the low 40s. Keep trying though...

The Progressives ripping Nancy is about as pathetic and laughable as the Bernie Bros ripping Warren. They couldnt carry Nancy's jock.
                    Sure. Health Care. That worked well. Obamacare was a net win for Democrats.

Comment

Healthcare was part of it but it certainly wasn't the sole reason like he's making it out to be either.

Comment

Yes it's all the fault of individual voters, not the party that would rather support the blatantly racist guy who brags about working with segregationists over a guy who wants to give people a healthcare system comparable to the rest of the developed world.

It's not a conspiracy theory if they openly admit to doing these things publicly.

Look who's president lmfao. If the opposite strategy was as sound as you're making it out to be that wouldn't be the case. The overton window wouldn't have shifted right for 40 years to the point where we have loonbats on the Supreme Court whining about Clinton conspiracies during their hearing. This is lunacy.
                        Good lord...do you actually read what people say or do you just crib notes from a twitter account and find random spots to put them in posts.

The Party is the voters genius. If Biden wins he will win because the people voted for it. I know the Bernie Bros hate that because it goes against all of their BS arguments as to why he lost but that is how it works. If Biden wins and the Progressives choose to stay home it is their fault if Trump gets re-elected. (or if in 4 years a GOPer wins after Biden) This is ridiculous...its like arguing with a student in Frosh PolySci. You can argue theory all you want to, the accountability ultimately lies with the voter. I dont like Biden one bit and have been saying for now 6 years I dont want him to ever be President but I wont hesitate.

And Trump is President because of exactly what I said in the post you quoted BTW. The GOP supports the candidate 100%. That is why they win. The Dems need to start acting that way which means the Progressives need to shut the bleep up when they lose, show up and vote. Not take their ball and go home. This isnt about the overton window or Clinton (neither of which have anything to do with anything I said if you actually read what people say) it is about us vs. them. (that is what a Binary System is) You dont have to like Biden, the Centrists dont have to like Bernie, but if either wins you shut up and show up. The Dems dont do that, that is why the Dems lose. Basic strategy. Get it? If you do that puts you one step ahead of most people on the Far Left of the Party.

This isnt rocket science. If you want to win you play to win. That means you vote. There is no other way. Standing up on Principle and losing doesnt make you smart, it doesnt make you better and it doesnt help you win. You may be in the right, but everyone loses cause you just needed to be right.

Honestly, you need to read less Liberal Clickbait on twitter and read more what Kepler says. He gets it. Until the GOP completely changes Any Dem > Any GOPer. Any Dem > Not Voting. If you disagree with that then you really lose the right to ***** when you lose.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Uhhh no
                          You understand that the electorate is more than just Democrats right? You understand that the midterms werent just Democrats voting right? YOU UNDERSTAND HOW FREE ELECTIONS WORK RIGHT?!?!?!

Yeah self identified Dems were for impeachment...the Dems didnt win the House because they placated the self identified Dems.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You understand that the electorate is more than just Democrats right? You understand that the midterms werent just Democrats voting right? YOU UNDERSTAND HOW FREE ELECTIONS WORK RIGHT?!?!?!

Yeah self identified Dems were for impeachment...the Dems didnt win the House because they placated the self identified Dems.
                            Dude this really isn't that hard but I'll break it down for you since you're having trouble.

The dem voters and the turnout was largely due to wanting Trump and his party held accountable for their actions. i.e. impeachment

The vast majority of the dem voters want to see him impeached as backed by the polling numbers I just posted. That's who you need to keep happy in order to maintain a majority in the house.

I have no doubt that like 90 something percent of Republicans don't want him impeached and that the aggregate total of all voters is in the 40's or whatever it is you're claiming. But it doesn't matter what the Republican voters think, they don't control the house. We aren't trying to appease them.

Comment

Sure. Health Care. That worked well. Obamacare was a net win for Democrats.
                              Old people hate losing their Medicare...as long as the Government stays out of it

That still isnt enough to get the liars and cheats to abandon the Thief in Chief but it is something. It is an exploitable issue and it shows that sticking to your guns is important.

The next big thing is finding another issue. I dont know what it will be but they need something else. Everyone knows what Trump is running on the Dems need to not take the bait and find what the people want and go with it. And for Gods sakes hire a firm to help with branding so they can frame a friggin issue. The Dems are offering the world to the people but couldnt market themselves out of a wet paper bag.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Good lord...do you actually read what people say or do you just crib notes from a twitter account and find random spots to put them in posts.

The Party is the voters genius. If Biden wins he will win because the people voted for it. I know the Bernie Bros hate that because it goes against all of their BS arguments as to why he lost but that is how it works. If Biden wins and the Progressives choose to stay home it is their fault if Trump gets re-elected. (or if in 4 years a GOPer wins after Biden) This is ridiculous...its like arguing with a student in Frosh PolySci. You can argue theory all you want to, the accountability ultimately lies with the voter. I dont like Biden one bit and have been saying for now 6 years I dont want him to ever be President but I wont hesitate.
                                Yeah, the DNC, DCCC, the corporate media, other dems who give endorsements, and various other dem affiliated groups who constantly **** on the left and would rather work with people like Biden and Manchin and throw them $$$$$$ and media exposure, have nothing to do with the outcomes of elections. Which is why they do it of course, because it has no effect! We've already seen plenty of examples where the DCCC and DNC put its foot on the scale to screw over a progressive and tell them to drop out of the race (Steny Hoyer is on tape doing this) or in Ben Jealous case where top democrats backed his Republican opponent. Even Biden did that recently in Michigan supporting a Republican in a house race when we desperately needed the house to flip. Yes ultimately it comes down to the voters but you're not gonna convince me that the people with more power aren't at all to blame for outcomes of elections because it's a ludicrous argument.

And Trump is President because of exactly what I said in the post you quoted BTW. The GOP supports the candidate 100%. That is why they win. The Dems need to start acting that way which means the Progressives need to shut the bleep up when they lose, show up and vote. Not take their ball and go home. This isnt about the overton window or Clinton (neither of which have anything to do with anything I said if you actually read what people say) it is about us vs. them. (that is what a Binary System is) You dont have to like Biden, the Centrists dont have to like Bernie, but if either wins you shut up and show up. The Dems dont do that, that is why the Dems lose. Basic strategy. Get it? If you do that puts you one step ahead of most people on the Far Left of the Party.
                                When the most powerful members of the dem party have actively shifted it rightward for decades, for mostly ideological reasons and lost a lot of their support, yes they deserve more blame than the individual voters when they become so unpopular that they lose in embarrassing fashion to a clown fascist. They have more power, influence, and responsibility than individual voters.

As for Nancy...
                                Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-20-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X