X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    The guy who wrote the Iraq War authorization should get credit because he got something done!
    Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

According to trix:

Bernie is way cool
      Everybody likes Bernie
      Everybody wants to hang out with him
      Anything he wants to do, he does
      He turned water into wine
      And if he wanted to
      He could have turned wheat into marijuana
      Or sugar into cocaine
      Or vitamin pills into amphetamines
      He walked on the water
      And swam on the land
      He would tell these stories
      And people would listen
      He was really cool
      If you were blind or lame
      You just went to Bernie
      And he would put his hands on you
      And you would be healed
      That's so cool
      He could've played guitar better than Hendrix
      He could've told the future
      He could've baked the most delicious cake in the world
      He could've scored more goals than Wayne Gretzky
      He could've danced better than Barishnikov
      Jesus could have been funnier than any comedian you can think of
      Jesus was way cool
      He told people to eat his body and drink his blood
      That's so cool
      Bernie was so cool
      But then some people got jealous of how cool he was
      So they killed him
      But then he rose from the dead
      He rose from the dead, danced around
      Then went up to heaven
      I mean, that's so cool
      Bernie is way cool
      No wonder there are so many Bernie bros.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The cult around Bernie is as bad as the cult around Trump, but you'll never get any of his supporters to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          The cult around Bernie is as bad as the cult around Trump, but you'll never get any of his supporters to admit it.
          That may be but the cult around people who think that working with Republicans is productive or accomplishes anything is worse.

See Biden, Klobuchar, and a very large contingent of voters.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            This is false. Yes, some of the Bernie Bros are hard to take, and yes, some abandoned the 2016 race when they should have voted for Clinton like the rest of us who realized what was at stake. But trump's rubes and dupes are far worse, and the percentage of trump's supporters who buy into his shtick is approximately 99. The vast majority of Sanders supporters are grounded in reality. And no I am not a Sanders guy this time around. I was in 2016, and no I do not think the nomination was stolen from him then.

Comment

Yeah let’s compare the proud boys and KKK to Bernie supporters lol.
              Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.
              We’re just going by your logic here

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                Yes, some of the Bernie Bros are hard to take
                I would say most of the remaining ones are getting pretty hard to take. See, this time around there are actual options to consider instead of a disliked Anointed One whom only he dared to challenge (for which I do give him credit), so now Bernie is no longer the underdog and no longer the only candidate in the field dragging the party to the left. His shtick is one-noted, tiresome, and most of us are sick of hearing him bellow like an old tankie at a CPUSA rally. So, at this point we're down to the 15% of his most vociferous, Motorcycle Diaries-thumping , die-hard supporters.

Comment

The only ones you could reasonably argue are pulling the party left are Bernie and Warren and it’s unclear whether Warren even still supports some of the policies that would have her to the left of the party (specifically m4a). The others aren’t better than Hillary in any notable way imo.

Comment

It looks like Kamala Harris has really lost her mind, now she's trying to recreate the housing bubble of 15 years ago.

A big part of the problem was that people had no skin in the game, zero down payment, seller pay closing costs, anybody with a paycheck could buy a house and buy they did, driving up the cost far beyond what they were worth until, ... well you know the rest of the story.
                    That's the problem with Democrats, they throw a solution at a problem without understanding the problem or what the solution will actually do.

A tip, if it looks like Harris is going to get the Democratic nomination, start studying run down properties, then if it looks like she's gonna win, buy them and buy lot's of paint to pretty them up and sell at a huge profit to people who have no business buying a home.
                    Last edited by pokechecker; 07-06-2019, 04:42 PM. Reason: 'cuz home ownership, it's a right dadgummit

Comment

By your guys' definition, am I a Bernie bro?

1. I supported him vociferously in the primaries in 2016.
                      2. I voted for Hillary (and have voted straight ticket D in every election since sometime in the 90s).
                      3. I support Warren over him now but still support his policies and in general support the farthest left Dem.
                      4. I will vote straight ticket D in 2020 and indeed probably in every election left.

I think I am typical of Sanders supporters. I am typical of those who I meet though obviously there is selection bias there. I would think I am more familiar with that portion of the political spectrum than most people here.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

2. I voted for Hillary (and have voted straight ticket D in every election since sometime in the 90s).
                        3. I support Warren over him now but still support his policies and in general support the farthest left Dem.
                        4. I will vote straight ticket D in 2020 and indeed probably in every election left.

I think I am typical of Sanders supporters. I am typical of those who I meet though obviously there is selection bias there. I would think I am more familiar with that portion of the political spectrum than most people here.
                        3 and 4 (but especially 3) disqualify you as a Bro. But more disqualifying is your reticence in tearing down all of his opponents.

You’re just an ardent supporter.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

"Bros" are required to be under 35 and single.

You know you're really a Bernie Bro when you decry Andrew Yang's take on UBI as a "sh*tty libertarian verison" (C) trix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Trix is the quintessential Bernie bro on this board. He finds fault with everyone else no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                            X