X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Rube secretly doesn't want the Dems to win so he's using wishful thinking claiming Warren is a better fit elsewhere. She's be immensely more credible, stable and on policy would wipe the floor with Trump.
    Because I totally don't want Amy K to win the presidency. Not at all. No way.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Unless it's a completely safe seat. Harris, for example, would be fine as veep and she would simply be replaced by another Democratic Senator.

However I would still wish that she stay in the Senate because she is a ferocious prosecutor at hearings. Veep is burial. It's a sinecure for someone with personality and characteristics that help balance the ticket. For any nominee except Warren it cries out for Bernie. Hillary was insane for not picking Bernie. My god imagine the power of that ticket in 2016.

If the nominee is anyone but a white male, Beto is another great choice -- he doesn't currently have a job. Buttigieg is another great choice in that situation.
      100% agree on mayor Pete. The experience he would gain operating at the federal level would be great.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Unless it's a completely safe seat. Harris, for example, would be fine as veep and she would simply be replaced by another Democratic Senator.

However I would still wish that she stay in the Senate because she is a ferocious prosecutor at hearings. Veep is burial. It's a sinecure for someone with personality and characteristics that help balance the ticket. For any nominee except Warren it cries out for Bernie. Hillary was insane for not picking Bernie. My god imagine the power of that ticket in 2016.

If the nominee is anyone but a white male, Beto is another great choice -- he doesn't currently have a job. Buttigieg is another great choice in that situation.
        Yeah I want Harris back in the Senate...she is great there. Beto and Mayor Pete are perfect for Veep because we lose nothing (I mean Mayor of South Bend is cool and all but...) and both then get national experience they can use later for different office.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Seeing some of the footage outside of the Trump Rally in Florida is rather scary. Bunch of White Guys making racist comments and handle signals. And this isnt trolling this is full on rally for the cause. That "OK" hand signal may have started out as a joke or troll move but it is in full adoption by the White Supremacist crowd these days. (as it was when certain people flashed it at the Kavanaugh hearings)

We need to win...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The only way I think i would vote for Joe Biden would be if he selected Obama as his running mate. That would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              As mentioned earlier, I'd rather she stay where she is. But if she's insistent on a ticket, VP it the place to be. I don't think she'd do well at Prez. Thanks for playing.

The Veep is one of the more underrated positions. You can bend the prez's ear, and not have any true responsibility.
              Rotflmao
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Yes, I have always called him that.

I think Bill sometimes gets into the weed pre-show, and this would be a good piece of evidence to support that theory.
                He is obviously joking. The whole bit was him mocking the candidates and even talks about how he was high when he came up with Oprah
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Yes, I have always called him that.

I think Bill sometimes gets into the weed pre-show, and this would be a good piece of evidence to support that theory.
                  It was great!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Biden getti ng Obama to change stances on Gay Marriage is the exception not the rule.
                    Let's be real here - I wouldn't give Joe too much credit for that. I don't think Obama was ever truly opposed to gay marriage, it was just politically expedient in 2008 to support the "civil union"/"separate but equal" middle ground. He then "evolved" in 2012 because the polls showed a majority of Americans favored it, and he knew it would help boost his then-sagging reelection prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Rube secretly doesn't want the Dems to win so he's using wishful thinking claiming Warren is a better fit elsewhere.
                      Never go full rufus.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Seeing some of the footage outside of the Trump Rally in Florida is rather scary. Bunch of White Guys making racist comments and handle signals. And this isnt trolling this is full on rally for the cause. That "OK" hand signal may have started out as a joke or troll move but it is in full adoption by the White Supremacist crowd these days. (as it was when certain people flashed it at the Kavanaugh hearings)

We need to win...
                        Republicans' "economic anxiety" looks remarkably like brown shirt racism.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

We need to win...
                          When white supremacists like the NZ shooter are using the hand signal that’s pretty telling as to what it’s for.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Let's be real here - I wouldn't give Joe too much credit for that. I don't think Obama was ever truly opposed to gay marriage, it was just politically expedient in 2008 to support the "civil union"/"separate but equal" middle ground. He then "evolved" in 2012 because the polls showed a majority of Americans favored it, and he knew it would help boost his then-sagging reelection prospects.
                            Well right...I meant to do it on the public stage. Biden did it on TV and it didnt end the world so it showed it wasnt the political time bomb people kept saying it was.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              “anjelica please tell my wife john adams doesn’t have a real job anyway.”

-lin manuel miranda as alexander hamilton. :d

d

Comment

23 and ME!
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X