This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Biden is definitely not the most electable candidate. He just currently has the most name recognition, and the most goodwill from being part of a prior administration. He is the moderate wing of the Democratic Party crying out for another Obama.

Like most early frontrunners, he's going to flame out in the debates. Remember when Howard Dean was a lock in 2004 until a lackluster showing in Iowa, after which he went all Henry Rollins on naming 10 US states? Remember when Fig Newton had a strong debate (by Republican standards) in 2012 and surged to the top of the polls, then fizzled out just as quickly about 3 weeks later? Heck, Biden himself looked pretty good in 1988 until the plagiarism and phantom Master's degree popped up.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Remember when Howard Dean was a lock in 2004 until a lackluster showing in Iowa, after which he went all Henry Rollins on naming 10 US states?
      How dare he show excitement!

Remember when Fig Newton had a strong debate (by Republican standards) in 2012 and surged to the top of the polls, then fizzled out just as quickly about 3 weeks later?
      I honestly don't know who this is supposed to be.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Newt Gingrich?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Biden is definitely not the most electable candidate. He just currently has the most name recognition, and the most goodwill from being part of a prior administration. He is the moderate wing of the Democratic Party crying out for another Obama.
          Any time the Democrats have won the general POTUS election as the challenging party since 1980, their candidate was not amongst the top two or three front runners during the primaries. Bill Clinton came from almost nowhere, same with Obama. They worked smart, did well in the various debates, public events, and spoke well during news interviews. None of those things speak of Biden to me.

While we might have moved beyond the era of where candidate can start out as an also-ran to later move up the ranks, someone from the lower end of the top ranks could very well be on the general election ballot come November next year. And I can only hope that person wins.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Bill Maher just stated he thinks Oprah is the only sure bet to beat trump

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Newt Gingrich?
              Yes, I have always called him that.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Bill Maher just stated he thinks Oprah is the only sure bet to beat trump
              I think Bill sometimes gets into the weed pre-show, and this would be a good piece of evidence to support that theory.
              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 06-21-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                While we might have moved beyond the era of where candidate can start out as an also-ran to later move up the ranks, someone from the lower end of the top ranks could very well be on the general election ballot come November next year. And I can only hope that person wins.
                Warren or Harris with Buttigieg or Beto for veep.

Comment

Warren or Harris with Buttigieg or Beto for veep.
                  I could def roll with Warren for Veep. Influence the pieces....
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Warren is a waste at veep. She's at the top of the ticket, or she's in the Senate. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      I could def roll with Warren for Veep. Influence the pieces....
                      Sure. Downgrade her power and influence. Great idea.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Sure. Downgrade her power and influence. Great idea.
                        As mentioned earlier, I'd rather she stay where she is. But if she's insistent on a ticket, VP it the place to be. I don't think she'd do well at Prez. Thanks for playing.

The Veep is one of the more underrated positions. You can bend the prez's ear, and not have any true responsibility.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bull...Veep is worthless. Unless you are an airhead like Dubya Veep rarely matters. Biden getti ng Obama to change stances on Gay Marriage is the exception not the rule.

Warren or Bernie or any other Senator should walk away if they cant take the nomination. The Senate needs every Dem it has.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Rube secretly doesn't want the Dems to win so he's using wishful thinking claiming Warren is a better fit elsewhere. She's be immensely more credible, stable and on policy would wipe the floor with Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Bull...Veep is worthless.

“Anjelica please tell my wife John Adams doesn’t have a real job anyway.”

-Lin Manuel Miranda as Alexander Hamilton.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Warren or Bernie or any other Senator should walk away if they cant take the nomination. The Senate needs every Dem it has.
                                Unless it's a completely safe seat. Harris, for example, would be fine as veep and she would simply be replaced by another Democratic Senator.

However I would still wish that she stay in the Senate because she is a ferocious prosecutor at hearings. Veep is burial. It's a sinecure for someone with personality and characteristics that help balance the ticket. For any nominee except Warren it cries out for Bernie. Hillary was insane for not picking Bernie. My god imagine the power of that ticket in 2016.

If the nominee is anyone but a white male, Beto is another great choice -- he doesn't currently have a job. Buttigieg is another great choice in that situation.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 06-22-2019, 08:20 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X