X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The Master (at least in my lifetime) was Lyndon Johnson. He knew where all the bodies were buried and was not above being a vindictive SOB when the time arose.
    I had him in mind as well, although I wasn't here yet when he was Prez. In my lifetime I'd say the most effective Dem at getting his agenda passed in the face of opposition was Clinton. Nobody has done gun control (Brady bill) or Voting Rights (Motor Voter) since. Also bipartisan health care (CHiP) has been a tough sell as well although Junior did do Medicare prescription drugs proving a stopped clock is right twice a day.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The Master (at least in my lifetime) was Lyndon Johnson. He knew where all the bodies were buried and was not above being a vindictive SOB when the time arose.
      He was able to do that because party apparatus was much more powerful. Think about Mitch's impotence. How could he possibly threaten or cajole a recalcitrant to do his bidding now? Cut his campaign funding? So what, he can raise his own on the internet. Punish him for radicalism? That puts Mitch himself at risk of primary and drives extremists into vigilante groups like the Freedumb Caucus. Cut committee slots? Without earmarks they are far less attractive in generating local pork. And god save him if he threatens or angles to work with the Dems -- that's a talk radio, social media death sentence.

LBJ could not exist in this age. He has no tools.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yeah, except he got played by Turtle Boy and it ruined his Presidency.
        It would have been nice if he had come in knowing the Republicans are terrorists, but look at Joe Biden. He'd been there the whole time, all through through Gingrich and Dubya. And he thinks he can "cross the aisle."

It's not the resume, it's the person. If you put one of us in there we wouldn't need a day in DC to operate in full cognizance that the GOP is a death cult and there is nothing to do with it but containment until it destroys itself from within.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          He was able to do that because party apparatus was much more powerful. Think about Mitch's impotence. How could he possibly threaten or cajole a recalcitrant to do his bidding now? Cut his campaign funding? So what, he can raise his own on the internet. Punish him for radicalism? That puts Mitch himself at risk of primary and drives extremists into vigilante groups like the Freedumb Caucus. Cut committee slots? Without earmarks they are far less attractive in generating local pork. And god save him if he threatens or angles to work with the Dems -- that's a talk radio, social media death sentence.

LBJ could not exist in this age. He has no tools.
          Isn't Chump just LBJ's opposite? As in he has total control of the party and they will vote exactly as he wants? That sentencing reform bill is a good example. Itch wanted nothing to do with it until Chump ordered him to roll over and fetch. Next thing you knew the bill was passed no problem.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            ...look at Joe Biden. ... he thinks he can "cross the aisle."
            He may or may not actually think that, but he thinks that's what the 'independents' and 'centrists' want to hear.

Comment

I'm actually shocked at some of the numbers here:

I can't believe Booker didn't get a bigger bump, though, I'm also surprised he was as high as he was to begin with. Ditto on Mayor Pete.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I'm actually shocked at some of the numbers here:

I can't believe Booker didn't get a bigger bump, though, I'm also surprised he was as high as he was to begin with. Ditto on Mayor Pete.
                I thought Booker did well. I wonder how much advantage there might have been to being on the 2nd night instead of the first?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  No thit. But I am not 100% welded to the GOP.
                  Lol. W second term. Iraq war disaster.

Comment

No thit. But I am not 100% welded to the GOP.
                    There's that one issue getting in the way of voting independence.

Comment

Biden swooning, Sanders slipping, Booker & Buttigieg flat-lining, Harris and Warren surging

I know, I know - polls schmolls.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Obviously this poll was conducted by DSW and Donna Brazille
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          If by "conducted" you mean "fabricated"

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            The shoe store?
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              The shoe store?
                              Would it surprise you if a certain person came up with that theory around here

(stupid typos!)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I can't believe Booker didn't get a bigger bump
                                Me too. I don't love him but he had a great first debate.

It's Warren / Harris / Other. Looks like the fight for Other will be between Booker, Buttigieg, and Cruz.

Biden and Sanders are old men who are out of gas and I'm not feeling too well myself.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X