Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 321

Thread: Ak/uaa

  1. #261
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,408

    Re: Ak/uaa

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I agree. But Anchorage has more teams than it needs already. The NCAA requires 10 and they have 13. If hockey goes away does that mean gymnastics does as well?
    Maybe not if the NCAA lets UA_ keep their rifle team. Maybe.

  2. #262
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    8,213

    Re: Ak/uaa

    Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Even if the Alaska schools survive
    the next couple of years, they very well could be without a conference in 2021 after more possible realignment. Could they survive as independent teams?
    Based on UAH's experience, no.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  3. #263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    237

    Re: Ak/uaa

    For whatever itís worth the WCHA released a statement announcing that both Alaskas would be playing this season.

  4. #264
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,552

    Re: Ak/uaa

    Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    For whatever itís worth the WCHA released a statement announcing that both Alaskas would be playing this season.
    I released a statement saying I was retiring to a private beach in Tahiti.

  5. #265

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,969
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    I released a statement saying I was retiring to a private beach in Tahiti.
    Making pizza on a boat?

  6. #266
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    981

    Re: Ak/uaa

    I don't think we are getting a new mascot, think of the costs. Think of all the Seawolves they would have to take down and replace on campus especially the AAC, merch, UAA student ID's, etc.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

  7. #267

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,219

    Re: Ak/uaa

    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...Optimistic.php

    About the most informative article written on this to date. Helps that it was Brad Joyal (former News Miner reporter) doing the writing.

  8. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,846

    Re: Ak/uaa

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...Optimistic.php

    About the most informative article written on this to date. Helps that it was Brad Joyal (former News Miner reporter) doing the writing.

    More like wishin' and Hopin' with the typical village slant..... Both arena's frige systems are time bombs ready to fail and no funds to fix , B Ball center is bush league , and fails to mention both arenas in anchorage are good to go and thanks to Dr Cobb B Ball has the nicest digs this side of Seattle.

    just a few little things he forgot to add that's all..
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    27

    Re: Ak/uaa

    I hope UAA is planning on putting in a sound system in the Sports Complex Ice Arena. I don't see how they could even consider playing there with a stereo and two little box speakers that are probably a 2005 model at best and with the volume all the way up you can't hear anything unless you are within 20 feet of those two speakers hanging on the glass by the penalty box. I know there isn't money to do some of the big renovations they'd like, but to operate actual NCAA games, I would think there is a minimum standard of an actual arena sound system, not some little boom box they bought at a garage sale.

  10. #270

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    More like wishin' and Hopin' with the typical village slant..... Both arena's frige systems are time bombs ready to fail and no funds to fix , B Ball center is bush league , and fails to mention both arenas in anchorage are good to go and thanks to Dr Cobb B Ball has the nicest digs this side of Seattle.

    just a few little things he forgot to add that's all..
    Everybody already knows UAA is a basketball school.

  11. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,846

    Re: Ak/uaa

    Quote Originally Posted by shootdontpass View Post
    I hope UAA is planning on putting in a sound system in the Sports Complex Ice Arena. I don't see how they could even consider playing there with a stereo and two little box speakers that are probably a 2005 model at best and with the volume all the way up you can't hear anything unless you are within 20 feet of those two speakers hanging on the glass by the penalty box. I know there isn't money to do some of the big renovations they'd like, but to operate actual NCAA games, I would think there is a minimum standard of an actual arena sound system, not some little boom box they bought at a garage sale.
    Maybe pay attention......
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  12. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,720
    Quote Originally Posted by shootdontpass View Post
    I hope UAA is planning on putting in a sound system in the Sports Complex Ice Arena. I don't see how they could even consider playing there with a stereo and two little box speakers that are probably a 2005 model at best and with the volume all the way up you can't hear anything unless you are within 20 feet of those two speakers hanging on the glass by the penalty box. I know there isn't money to do some of the big renovations they'd like, but to operate actual NCAA games, I would think there is a minimum standard of an actual arena sound system, not some little boom box they bought at a garage sale.
    You would think...however...

  13. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    You would think...however...
    Iím wondering if thereís even going to be data access in their press area. Thatís if they have a press area.

  14. #274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,846

    Re: Ak/uaa

    Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    I’m wondering if there’s even going to be data access in their press area. That’s if they have a press area.
    Oh I am sure they would like put you all but the A's in a nearby friendly homeless camp. They ride the bus, dress like farmers. You will like them......take one home.
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 08-08-2019 at 03:13 AM.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  15. #275
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,552

    Re: Ak/uaa

    People are hoping the sound system will be updated, meanwhile there might not even be a hockey program in two months...

    No, I think that chair would look better over there...it has a stellar view of the giant gash that iceberg cut into our ship and the water flooding the lower deck.

  16. #276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,846

    Re: Ak/uaa

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    People are hoping the sound system will be updated, meanwhile there might not even be a hockey program in two months...

    No, I think that chair would look better over there...it has a stellar view of the giant gash that iceberg cut into our ship and the water flooding the lower deck.
    minor problem......look at the _banks...if both fridges go bad they are the ice dog matinee under card.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  17. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,720
    Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    Iím wondering if thereís even going to be data access in their press area. Thatís if they have a press area.
    Itís amazing the variance throughout the league in such things as WiFi, internet connectivity and other such things. No fault of UAA, but Sullivan Arena was no treat. Being on Campus, Wells Fargo might even be an improvement media-wise.

  18. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    For whatever itís worth the WCHA released a statement announcing that both Alaskas would be playing this season.
    Is this a true statement or fake news?

  19. #279
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Is this a true statement or fake news?
    https://www.wcha.com/men/articles/2019/08/statement-from-wcha-mens-league-commissioner-bill-robertson-on-the-status-of-alaska-anchorage-and-alaska-fairbanks-hockey-for-2019-20.php

  20. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Itís amazing the variance throughout the league in such things as WiFi, internet connectivity and other such things. No fault of UAA, but Sullivan Arena was no treat. Being on Campus, Wells Fargo might even be an improvement media-wise.
    The only ďbadĒ press boxes I ever encountered in the league were UAH and UAF (Iíve never been to UAA). When we went to UAH the press area was just tables set up in the stands on risers. Iím told theyíve been moved back to the actual chicken wire press boxes though. As far as I know UAFís press area is still in the stands with that annoying bar/pane of glass right in the line of sight.

    Iíd be traveling much more if every team had Bemidjiís set up though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •