Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ak/uaa

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Keep em dumb because they got a lot of oil.

Sad. Very.
    Beyond sad!
    Did things need scaled back? Yes
    Did the State need to be crippled? No
    The Governor and the R's have a strangle hold on the State and they are no way going to take one cent of the over BILLION $a year give away from the oil companies.
    Not even a peep from them about that Billion dollar a year give away.
    We had a better split on our oil but another R Governor said we needed to give the wealthiest companies on Earth more money and we would get trickle down money in return in the form of more oil through the pipeline.
    That deal has worked the same as every single trickle down deal has ever worked.
    The people of the State must like it because the same group of R's keep getting elected.
    My Senator and my Representative were HARD at work up in Wasilla this week solving the problem. Bawaahahahah
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 07-18-2019, 08:23 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Beyond sad!
      Did things need scaled back? Yes
      Did the State need to be crippled? No
      The Governor and the R's have a strangle hold on the State and they are no way going to take one cent of the over BILLION $a year give away from the oil companies.
      Not even a peep from them about that Billion dollar a year give away.
      We had a better split on our oil but another R Governor said we needed to give the wealthiest companies on Earth more money and we would get trickle down money in return in the form of more oil through the pipeline.
      That deal has worked the same as every single trickle down deal has ever worked.
      The people of the State must like it because the same group of R's keep getting elected.
      My Senator and my Representative were HARD at work up in Wasilla this week solving the problem. Bawaahahahah
      You are evidently expendable. Which is terrible. But with a blind eye to global warming... combined with a “hey grab em in the pussy” president...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        You are evidently expendable. Which is terrible. But with a blind eye to global warming... combined with a “hey grab em in the pussy” president...
        With the records of sea levels... you will be the next Texas... the next... California...

Makes sense to install **** gov to tell you how terrible you are. ✌️

Comment

I keep wanting to be political about this! Thankfully my training as a federal employee not violating the Hatch Act keeps me fro— *sizzles with a jolt of electricity*

Ah there, that's better.

We need some student protests. Those get coverage.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

GFM, not related to this thread, have you poked your head in the Apollo 11 thread in the Cafe?
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              GFM, not related to this thread, have you poked your head in the Apollo 11 thread in the Cafe?
              Nope, I never venture in there.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Nope, I never venture in there.

GFM
                If theres one thread you do check out there, could you wander into that one? Some of your current life experience may be applicable. Plus, any stories you may have heard are welcomed.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Happy to jump in on that one. Thanks!

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

I can't tell most of my crew stories, but I did have a nice video call with Nick and Christina yesterday. Sadly they don't know what the AK governor is thinking.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Board of Regents just held their intermediate meeting, voted 10-1 to start Financial Exigency process.

That sound you hear is "The Rains of Castamere."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Board of Regents just held their intermediate meeting, voted 10-1 to start Financial Exigency process.

I just do not see how Athletics can be sustained this year when academic programs and tenured faculty are cut. I just don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

What took 100+ years to build was destructed by a bunch of valley trash in a matter of weeks. Unreal.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            What took 100+ years to build was destructed by a bunch of valley trash in a matter of weeks. Unreal.
                            The universit(ies)y or the hockey team(s)?

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                              The universit(ies)y or the hockey team(s)?
                              Yes.

Comment

From Louisiana:

"TAF (Tiger Athletic Fund?) is a nonprofit sitting on nearly a half billion dollars in assets, $498.7 million in 2017, and a quarter billion in funds, $244.4 million, according to disclosures filed with the Internal Revenue Service."

#LSU is facing a 3% budget shortfall for the upcoming year, or about $10-14 million via @theadvocatebr. https://t.co/CamdpfGSpr
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X