Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ak/uaa

Never Forget!

Re: Ak/uaa

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I don't think the recall movement has slowed down one bit. Dunleavy hasn't fooled anyone by his recent turnaround. A ton of damage has already been done to the University system. What student wants to go there not knowing if more cuts will be made? What teacher wants to work there not knowing if they will have a job in a few years? Here is an excellent article:

https://www.dermotcole.com/reporting...xljxUAMdtlsSMA
    We'll see. Part of his calculation is that the people most vocal about the recall will either be 1) placated by this (not likely) or 2) too busy fighting turf wars over his table scraps to worry about the recall (more likely)

Only time will tell if he calculated correctly.

On another note, will the university system still be seeking the single accreditation model? If it is, how will that effect athletics? With $70 million on the chopping block and an uncertain future for both hockey teams (thanks WCHA) what are the odds the university cuts its losses and eliminates one or both programs?

$5 per hockey event to park
    Green & Gold
    Exhibition Game (if not at SXQ or McDonald or Palinville or PAQ)
    16 home games
    $90 to park
    It was $6 at the Sully so not a bad deal.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 08-15-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    We'll see. Part of his calculation is that the people most vocal about the recall will either be 1) placated by this (not likely) or 2) too busy fighting turf wars over his table scraps to worry about the recall (more likely)

Only time will tell if he calculated correctly.

On another note, will the university system still be seeking the single accreditation model? If it is, how will that effect athletics? With $70 million on the chopping block and an uncertain future for both hockey teams (thanks WCHA) what are the odds the university cuts its losses and eliminates one or both programs?
    Are you following the facebook group to recall him? I don't think they are even thinking about winding down. They want him GONE!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Never Forget!
    Are you following the facebook group to recall him? I don't think they are even thinking about winding down. They want him GONE!
    I haven't been following. I would assume everyone in the group who can sign the recall has signed. Convincing the other (10,000?) required signatories will be the challenge. This would have all been factored in by the governor's advisors. If they didn't think this would placate enough people the budget would have been adjusted accordingly. The governor sounds like a corrupt ******* bent on giving the Alaskan treasury to his oil executive buddies. Good luck recalling him.

Michigan Tech Fan

An uncertain future for both hockey teams (thanks WCHA)...
    That's harsh. No one at the WCHA is asking either of the Alaska schools to leave the WCHA or is kicking them out of the conference.
    However they will likely need to convert their teams to women's programs...
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Never Forget!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    That's harsh. No one at the WCHA is asking either of the Alaska schools to leave the WCHA or is kicking them out of the conference.
    However they will likely need to convert their teams to women's programs...
    The league itself isn't telling the UA_ schools to pound sand...just every other team in the league is telling them to pound sand...

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    I haven't been following. I would assume everyone in the group who can sign the recall has signed. Convincing the other (10,000?) required signatories will be the challenge. This would have all been factored in by the governor's advisors. If they didn't think this would placate enough people the budget would have been adjusted accordingly. The governor sounds like a corrupt ******* bent on giving the Alaskan treasury to his oil executive buddies. Good luck recalling him.
    They already have over 29,000 signatures, enough to be certified to go to the second phase.

The league itself isn't telling the UA_ schools to pound sand...just every other team in the league is telling them to pound sand...
    Not at all what’s happening.

And they will be at the state fair, I expect a ton more signatures by the time the fair is over. Too bad they can't get the signatures for the second round at the fair!

Interesting article on the "Great" Don Lucia and his interest in UA_.

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/65...m_medium=email
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Alaska Hockey Great Don Lucia Goes Back To The Future
    https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/65...-to-the-future
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    That’s exactly what’s happening.

Yes it is. I drink, and I know things.

Never Forget!

The rest of the WCHA teams are helping the UA_ teams in the same way that a hungry lion helps a wounded gazelle.

Who are you kidding................. the buss people have spoken.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Michigan Tech Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Who are you kidding................. the buss people have spoken.
    Seems strange to me that she would have an opinion on the situation, but I'll bite, what were her thoughts on the matter? Is she going to drop $200M so that UCLA and USC can have D-I hockey and join the WCHA?

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Has there been any public response from the GNAC? Any word from the schools on the “one University” concept and the possibility of splitting the athletic programs or continuing one or both? Any talk of how coaches are approaching recruiting and scheduling?
    Last edited by davyd83; 08-23-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Has there been any public response from the GNAC? Any word from the schools on the “one University” concept and the possibility of splitting the athletic programs or continuing one or both? Any talk of how coaches are approaching recruiting and scheduling?
    None that I have seen. I've been pondering the same questions.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

I just took a peek at the roster, and UAA added Luc Brown for this year. He is a transfer from Union, but only played 4 games his junior year. I wonder if he qualifies as a redshirt? Does he have to sit this season?

The roster looks quite different! When the announcement was made about the incoming recruits back in December, Mack Hancock was one the listed players. As of today he is not on the roster. The other three appear to still be coming. Once again it is a roster heavy with rookies, 10 to be exact.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

I just took a peek at the roster, and UAA added Luc Brown for this year. He is a transfer from Union, but only played 4 games his junior year. I wonder if he qualifies as a redshirt? Does he have to sit this season?

The roster looks quite different! When the announcement was made about the incoming recruits back in December, Mack Hancock was one the listed players. As of today he is not on the roster. The other three appear to still be coming. Once again it is a roster heavy with rookies, 10 to be exact.
    Brown is a graduate transfer I believe, played 3 years at Union, prolly got his degree, can go to UAA for grad school and play for a year.

r

Thread Information