Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ak/uaa

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
    The only “bad” press boxes I ever encountered in the league were UAH and UAF (I’ve never been to UAA). When we went to UAH the press area was just tables set up in the stands on risers. I’m told they’ve been moved back to the actual chicken wire press boxes though.
    They've made all these nice changes on the concourse and in the lower bowl, but the Propsts' money must have run out. So much about the Veeb is a dump.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      They've made all these nice changes on the concourse and in the lower bowl, but the Propsts' money must have run out. So much about the Veeb is a dump.

GFM
      ...but they’ve got good concessions!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

So now the Governor and UA agree to 70 million in cuts over 3 years. That means, for this year, a cut of 25 million instead of 135 million.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          So now the Governor and UA agree to 70 million in cuts over 3 years. That means, for this year, a cut of 25 million instead of 135 million.
          With that, what is the likelihood of hockey will be played in Alaska (UAA and UA_) after the 2019-2020 season? Are athletics are still on the chopping block?

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Not that cutting $25M is great, or an easy task, but at least they have come back with a number that likely won't cause an entire campus to shut down. Maybe now they can start an endowment campaign or some other means to close the gap by $10-15M and only have to cut $20M a year?

it is stupid that they have to play "shock and awe" politics of throwing out a stupid high number that throws the UA system into chaos and then months later they finally come up with the real number. I'm sure some staff have quit and students have made other academic choices as a result of these last few months. All because politicians thought it was more important to dig in their heels, tow their party line and not be the ones to give in first... While Alaska burns, they fiddle around.
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              The whole thing is bizarre. The legislature appropriates funding for the U; the governor only accepts it or vetoes a dollar amount.

Even more bizarre is that a $70 million cut is perceived as “good”. If you live in AK, sign the recall petition and get this moron out.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                If you live in AK, sign the recall petition and get this moron out.
                Believe me, I already did. And it felt GREAT!!
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I pray Alaska doesn't pull a Wisconsin by recalling him and then electing him right back into office.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    I pray Alaska doesn't pull a Wisconsin by recalling him and then electing him right back into office.
                    Agree wholeheartedly. At this point he’s so unpopular I think he would be voted out. The fact that he’s starting to roll back some of his vetoes and making the (laughable) claim that he “only wanted to start a conversation” is evidence enough that’s he’s spooked by this recall effort.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Agree wholeheartedly. At this point he’s so unpopular I think he would be voted out. The fact that he’s starting to roll back some of his vetoes and making the (laughable) claim that he “only wanted to start a conversation” is evidence enough that’s he’s spooked by this recall effort.
                      Of course the big issue, as is with every statewide race these days, is who runs against him and can that person win?

Sadly, like in other red states, the Democratic bench is not very deep.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Of course the big issue, as is with every statewide race these days, is who runs against him and can that person win?

Sadly, like in other red states, the Democratic bench is not very deep.
                        If he’s recalled then Kevin Meyer automatically becomes governor.

Bill Walker, like him or not, had the stones to find a compromise between funding and a sustainable PFD. Unfortunately for him he had Pete Kelly stonewalling him at every juncture.

I don’t think Begich is going to run again. I could see a world where Scott Kawasaki runs; he’s a dogged campaigner and knows how to level with people. I’ve also heard rumors that Natasha von Imhof wants to run; she’s one of the more moderate R’s in the legislative branch and she won’t have any issues with funding...

Comment

The whole thing is bizarre. The legislature appropriates funding for the U; the governor only accepts it or vetoes a dollar amount.

Even more bizarre is that a $70 million cut is perceived as “good”. If you live in AK, sign the recall petition and get this moron out.
                          Where do we find the petition?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                            Where do we find the petition?
                            https://www.facebook.com/recalldunleavy/

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/recalldunleavy/
                              Their official page is: https://recalldunleavy.org/

The 1 week count is 18,198. They need 28,501 for the first round.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                So essentially a few of the governor's construction buddies reminded him they were going to lose sweet federal dollars because of his veto and to provide political cover to this government handout he agreed to graciously increase the university budget so the system will "only" have to cut $70 million over three years. And the rest of the social safety net? Safe to assume that budget is in tatters?

So the fallout is that social programs and the university system are devastated, oil and construction executives make out great, the recall petition will lose momentum and the governor knows he can get away with almost anything and remain untouched.

That about sum it up?

Comment

Working...
                                X