Ak/uaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ak/uaa

I hope UAA is planning on putting in a sound system in the Sports Complex Ice Arena. I don't see how they could even consider playing there with a stereo and two little box speakers that are probably a 2005 model at best and with the volume all the way up you can't hear anything unless you are within 20 feet of those two speakers hanging on the glass by the penalty box. I know there isn't money to do some of the big renovations they'd like, but to operate actual NCAA games, I would think there is a minimum standard of an actual arena sound system, not some little boom box they bought at a garage sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      More like wishin' and Hopin' with the typical village slant..... Both arena's frige systems are time bombs ready to fail and no funds to fix , B Ball center is bush league , and fails to mention both arenas in anchorage are good to go and thanks to Dr Cobb B Ball has the nicest digs this side of Seattle.

just a few little things he forgot to add that's all..
      Everybody already knows UAA is a basketball school.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
        I hope UAA is planning on putting in a sound system in the Sports Complex Ice Arena. I don't see how they could even consider playing there with a stereo and two little box speakers that are probably a 2005 model at best and with the volume all the way up you can't hear anything unless you are within 20 feet of those two speakers hanging on the glass by the penalty box. I know there isn't money to do some of the big renovations they'd like, but to operate actual NCAA games, I would think there is a minimum standard of an actual arena sound system, not some little boom box they bought at a garage sale.
        Maybe pay attention......
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
          You would think...however...
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            You would think...however...
            I’m wondering if there’s even going to be data access in their press area. That’s if they have a press area.
            Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
              I’m wondering if there’s even going to be data access in their press area. That’s if they have a press area.
              Oh I am sure they would like put you all but the A's in a nearby friendly homeless camp. They ride the bus, dress like farmers. You will like them......take one home.
              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 08-08-2019, 02:13 AM.
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

People are hoping the sound system will be updated, meanwhile there might not even be a hockey program in two months...

No, I think that chair would look better over there...it has a stellar view of the giant gash that iceberg cut into our ship and the water flooding the lower deck.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  People are hoping the sound system will be updated, meanwhile there might not even be a hockey program in two months...

No, I think that chair would look better over there...it has a stellar view of the giant gash that iceberg cut into our ship and the water flooding the lower deck.
                  minor problem......look at the _banks...if both fridges go bad they are the ice dog matinee under card.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                    It’s amazing the variance throughout the league in such things as WiFi, internet connectivity and other such things. No fault of UAA, but Sullivan Arena was no treat. Being on Campus, Wells Fargo might even be an improvement media-wise.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

For whatever it’s worth the WCHA released a statement announcing that both Alaskas would be playing this season.
                      Is this a true statement or fake news?
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        Is this a true statement or fake news?
                        http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/2019/08/statement-from-wcha-mens-league-commissioner-bill-robertson-on-the-status-of-alaska-anchorage-and-alaska-fairbanks-hockey-for-2019-20.php

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          It’s amazing the variance throughout the league in such things as WiFi, internet connectivity and other such things. No fault of UAA, but Sullivan Arena was no treat. Being on Campus, Wells Fargo might even be an improvement media-wise.
                          The only “bad” press boxes I ever encountered in the league were UAH and UAF (I’ve never been to UAA). When we went to UAH the press area was just tables set up in the stands on risers. I’m told they’ve been moved back to the actual chicken wire press boxes though. As far as I know UAF’s press area is still in the stands with that annoying bar/pane of glass right in the line of sight.

I’d be traveling much more if every team had Bemidji’s set up though.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            rate them 1 -10

Comment

The only “bad” press boxes I ever encountered in the league were UAH and UAF (I’ve never been to UAA). When we went to UAH the press area was just tables set up in the stands on risers. I’m told they’ve been moved back to the actual chicken wire press boxes though. As far as I know UAF’s press area is still in the stands with that annoying bar/pane of glass right in the line of sight.

I’d be traveling much more if every team had Bemidji’s set up though.
                              I love going to Huntsville, except for to steep 90 step climb from ice level to the top. UAF is still in the stands, but there’s no view problem from my seat, but I would guess you would have been a row lower. For an older building, your box is pretty well equipped and has a good view. You’re right about Bemidji. I’d put them and Notre Dame as the best two among the Western conferences.
                              Last edited by davyd83; 08-09-2019, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                rate them 1 -10
                                I won’t rate them 1-10, but I will say that even going back to my ECHL days many years ago, some of the poorest physical facilities that I’ve had to deal with have been managed by SMG. Their major league facilities are very good. But very few of their smaller market facilities were viewed very positively by those that actually used the venues, whether on ice, in the stands or the “press boxes.”
                                Last edited by davyd83; 08-09-2019, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X