X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ak/uaa

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    From Louisiana:

"TAF (Tiger Athletic Fund?) is a nonprofit sitting on nearly a half billion dollars in assets, $498.7 million in 2017, and a quarter billion in funds, $244.4 million, according to disclosures filed with the Internal Revenue Service."

#LSU is facing a 3% budget shortfall for the upcoming year, or about $10-14 million via @theadvocatebr. https://t.co/CamdpfGSpr
    https://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_n...d3c5be725.html

Comment

• And when you see pictures of the falling apart LSU Library, you wonder on priorities.

"Libraries? We don't need no stinkin' libraries!"

Bullhockey!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        From Louisiana:

"TAF (Tiger Athletic Fund?) is a nonprofit sitting on nearly a half billion dollars in assets, $498.7 million in 2017, and a quarter billion in funds, $244.4 million, according to disclosures filed with the Internal Revenue Service."

#LSU is facing a 3% budget shortfall for the upcoming year, or about $10-14 million via @theadvocatebr. https://t.co/CamdpfGSpr
        Thats basically equal to the LSU system endowment as listed on Wikipedia...$845 million
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Thats basically equal to the LSU system endowment as listed on Wikipedia...$845 million
          I think that's $244.4M in cash, which should be part of the $498.7M.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I think that's $244.4M in cash, which should be part of the $498.7M.
            Even still, that’s bonkers
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Some in the legislature are trying to give UA back 110 million of the 130 million that Dunleavy cut. However, their new bill does not include a full $3000 PFD. It's $1600. I think it will be vetoed again, but I am hoping it goes through!
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

What is the bottom line? Will they be cutting sports or not ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                  We don't know yet. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    The UA President speaks about sports. Still to be determined, but at this point they are not cut.
                    https://www.webcenter11.com/content/...jifA81YKqeSacE
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      The UA President speaks about sports. Still to be determined, but at this point they are not cut.
                      https://www.webcenter11.com/content/...jifA81YKqeSacE
                      I wouldn't expect anything less until it is...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So would anyone know about the programs by July 30th..?

Comment

Based on this sentence, no:

"[We are ] not looking at cutting sports programs at this time. They are however on the table. Again, that is something the Regents will decide in September. "

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post

"[We are ] not looking at cutting sports programs at this time. They are however on the table. Again, that is something the Regents will decide in September. "
                            So that could really made things hard for games schedule with either team {UAA & UAF} in terms that nobody will really know and if they do can the programs all teams with games versus these teams will have holes in there schedule that they will not be able to fill in with no time to do so if it will be decided in September....July 30th would to me be a last ditch chance for teams to try and figure how to add games to replace the one's they lose...with that said I am only figuring the teams that are Out of Conference....[example is that UAA is suppose to be @ Maine October 11th/12th]. Oh well it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by tape View Post

So it's a possibly that just the academic programs will suffer massive cuts while the athletic programs will be spared?
                              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 07-25-2019, 03:24 PM.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                So it's a possibly that just the academic programs will suffer massive cuts while the athletic programs will be spared?
                                I highly doubt that but I would assume they're kind of talking about everything that way...

Comment

Working...
                                X