X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    So, previously mentioned "field trips" to my offsite. Slow today, so I reminded mgmt about it. Passed it along to Dhead Boss, got notification of "He's working on the logistics of that."
    Um, hand the worker a map, it's 1.5 miles away, one turn, they drive there, I give them a 15 minute tour, and they drive back.

What logistics? Given the immediate future of either me or my co-worker having the week off, then followed by July 4th week...I doubt this will happen. The mgmt is making this harder than it has to be.
    Flip phone and maps. You are a throwback, my friend.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      Flip phone and maps. You are a throwback, my friend.
      My work actually gives a printout of a map to the offsite so customers can meet the salesperson there.

Although, yes, I still googlemap stuff when going somewhere for the first time, and write down directions.
      Fun related fact: a few years ago, some friends and I headed to Traverse City (wedding) and relied on the smart phone. Ran into construction in BFE Wisconsin at 11pm, so it was dark and we had no idea where to go; no detour signs. Ok, what now? LO AND BEHOLD the driver had a map in his car and we found an alternate route to take that was open! So HAH!
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!

I have been domestic the last couple of days. Recovered all the pillows, the seat cushion for the wicker love seat and made a set of seat cushions for a chair. Took forever because I didn't have enough fabric and needed to get creative and splice and use 2 different kinds. Came out well but it took FOREVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          My work actually gives a printout of a map to the offsite so customers can meet the salesperson there.

Although, yes, I still googlemap stuff when going somewhere for the first time, and write down directions.
          Fun related fact: a few years ago, some friends and I headed to Traverse City (wedding) and relied on the smart phone. Ran into construction in BFE Wisconsin at 11pm, so it was dark and we had no idea where to go; no detour signs. Ok, what now? LO AND BEHOLD the driver had a map in his car and we found an alternate route to take that was open! So HAH!
          We usually have 2-3 atlases with us when we travel....one never knows!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

My dad decided to make a surprise trip to the Twin Cities this weekend. Had fun making a mad dash cleaning my house and getting his room ready.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Finally. Had a bad early morning. Very groggy then got nauseous. Had a headache. Not sure if I’m also coming down with a cold. I’ve been trying to take the Oxycodone as prescribed every four hours. Took one at 1:30am. When I got up around 5:30, that’s when I felt gross. Maybe I’ve taken too much? I honestly don’t know how people get hooked on it because it’s not really doing too much and it’s making me feel yucky. Took one of my headache pills, went back to sleep. Got up, having some coffee. I feel much better. Not going to take the Oxycodone till later today. Heading up to my mom’s to stay with her there for a few days. Pain is manageable. Still there, some hours worse than others

One thing I want to do today when I get up there is wash my hair!! I look awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Good morning Lodge. Finally. Had a bad early morning. Very groggy then got nauseous. Had a headache. Not sure if I’m also coming down with a cold. I’ve been trying to take the Oxycodone as prescribed every four hours. Took one at 1:30am. When I got up around 5:30, that’s when I felt gross. Maybe I’ve taken too much? I honestly don’t know how people get hooked on it because it’s not really doing too much and it’s making me feel yucky. Took one of my headache pills, went back to sleep. Got up, having some coffee. I feel much better. Not going to take the Oxycodone till later today. Heading up to my mom’s to stay with her there for a few days. Pain is manageable. Still there, some hours worse than others

One thing I want to do today when I get up there is wash my hair!! I look awful.
                    It could have been the other way...maybe you felt rotten because the other one had worn off?
                    I'm not a Dr. or nurse but I have stayed a Holiday Inn Express...

Continued good healing!
                    Last edited by Greyeagle; 06-15-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      It could have been the other way...maybe you felt rotten because the other once had worn off?
                      I'm not a Dr. or nurse but I have stayed a Holiday Inn Express...

Continued good healing!
                      ^^^^^^

The come-down after effects of a drug like that could be the reason.

Mornin' Lodge. Celebrating Father's Day today for whatever reason. Brother/fiancee set it up. Just getting everyone together and hopefully grilling, nothing big time.

Booked my hotel for a little day trip at the end of June. Piecing together plans for my week off, and that was the highlight. Headed up to Moorhead. Looking at heading out west, maybe, on another day, and probably will do a Rochester (MN, not NY, you easterners) run to complete Tour De MN. Not touching Duluth, that's a PITA trip with construction right now.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!

Watching the US Open (well the men are). Made a lemon and lime tart today for the mr. Even with me prepping the ingredients yesterday I started at 9:30 and didn't finish until 1:37. Blah. It is his very favorite but it takes forever!

Comment

Evening, Lodge! Started the day talking shop with the local brewery owner, the plusses/minuses of social media in the industry, headed over to the folks, nice afternoon of chatting away, with an apple pie from my great-grandma's recipe. A good Father's Day celebration, overall.

Comment

s'upp y'all

Back at work. Everyone left mookie for a couple months back in the US this morning... two months solo
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Hasn't been a busy day here.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!

My Father's Day consisted of being kidnapped and forced to eat numerous seafood concoctions. Then it was FaceTime with the grandson. Oh, the things we fathers must endure...
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X