• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s’upp y’all

Still jet lagged
      Had the pleasure of golfing with a girl today who whipped mookie by 19 shots
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        s’upp y’all

Still jet lagged
        Had the pleasure of golfing with a girl today who whipped mookie by 19 shots
        She was only drinking Malibu, though.

I'll be here all week.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!

Crisp evening air Fall is coming!!

Comment

s'upp y'all.

old people sleeping late today?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              s'upp y'all.

old people sleeping late today?
              I was out bike riding as was most everyone else.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Evening, Lodge. The High Council met today at the corner store (Sunday regulars), it was fun. We were probably 80% of the people there. Guessing cabin crowd, State Fair, and perfect weather all contributed to the slow day. It honestly was like hanging out at someone's house.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Just got home from Las Vegas. What an ordeal. First off, Las Vegas is probably not the best place to go when recovering from ankle and tendon surgery. Everywhere you need to go requires a tremendous amount of walking. But that was not the ordeal.

When I bought the plane tickets, I ordered wheelchairs for myself and my mom. She actually can walk, but the distance you need to cover in an airport is long and I felt it would be helpful for her to also have wheelchair assistance. On Sunday at Logan Airport here in Boston, it was fine. Big help. Especially going through security. I have TSA Precheck and my mom got it for the flight as well. Both of us are able to get up and walk through the scanner. My crutches went on the belt, etc. Actually, when we got there, JetBlue has a special desk where you go to get your wheelchair and person to push. Even when we got to McCarron Airport, it was very helpful.

Today, completely different story. Cab dropped us off, I went in to the JetBlue desk. There was no desk or anything with regards to getting a wheelchair. I told one of the women there I had requested two wheelchairs. They got our boarding passes, lifted my suitcase onto the scale, took care of that. They had to call someone for the wheelchairs, told us to go sit over in a section of seats with a handicapped logo. We had to wait for a bit. Finally, two people showed up with wheelchairs. Took forever to get it all situated. Then they’re wheeling us to security and go right by the TSA Precheck line. They said they had a special entrance for wheelchairs. I stated I had TSA Precheck and I wasn’t taking boot off or remove laptop from my backpack. We get to the wheelchair entrance, which was also an entrance for employees and first class passengers. The actual wheelchair line was so long that the woman pushing me said “I’ve never seen it this long.” More people with strollers and family members than people in wheelchairs. Anyway, I got up there the show my boarding pass, reiterated I was TSA Precheck and she said, just show the TSA person and I should be fine. Riiiight. Basically it was just an entrance that dumped you into the regular security line. It was a fustercluck. I told them I was not taking off anything on my feet and neither was my mom. They made me take my laptop out. Which I could not grab because it was already on the belt and I couldn’t get up. People are walking in front of us to go through the scanner, not paying attention. My mom and I both said we could get up and walk through the scanner. Usually it’s the regular metal detector, not the one where you stand with your hands over your head. I asked if my crutches needed to go through the scanner, they said no.

Ok, so I get up, the wheelchair person put my crutches on my wheelchair and helped me to the scanner. Same with my mom. Major confusion about how or who to get the wheelchairs through. I go through it, I’m told I needed to be patted down. No big deal, I get this is part of going through security. I’m hobbling without any means of support. The TSA agent really pats down the boot. My mom got her wheelchair somehow. Meanwhile, my purse, with money, credit cards and phones, plus my backpack and my work laptop are now sitting at the end of the conveyor belt unattended. TSA hasn’t said I could move. My wheelchair person went to go get it. I’m looking at my wheelchair on the other side of security with my crutches on them, just sitting there. Finally, they said I could go. I said “no, I can’t, my wheelchair and crutches are still out there.” The two TSA agents said they couldn’t go get them and leave their post. The wheelchair assistant people said they weren’t allowed to go back and get them. Um, what????

Meanwhile, I see another TSA agent wheel a guy through and go right over to the belt. I’m like, “how did he get to get his wheelchair through with assistance? Did he pay someone? Did I do something wrong?” Finally one of them did go back, bring them through, then they had to swab them all. It took forever. And I’m trying to stand with no support. It was just awful.

I tweeted at McCarron Airport, TSA and JetBlue. I know JetBlue really has no say but I did order the wheelchairs through them so I felt they should know, McCarron Airport responded and basically washed their hands of the issue and said “Well, nothing we can do, hope you have a nice flight!” TSA did respond and they’re going to look into it. I said to all of them “At least I’m going to heal. What do people who are permanently disabled do?” It was such a ridiculous experience.
                  Surprised by this, I find McCarron the easiest and quickest to navigate of any large and busy airport that I have used.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                    Surprised by this, I find McCarron the easiest and quickest to navigate of any large and busy airport that I have used.
                    DIA says "Hi!" (from my experience, at least)

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!
                      My friend is bracing for another hurricane. They have no hurricane shutters (leased property). I am worried.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

I hate the time around Labor Day. Need a physical for work. Decided to go somewhere new because the last 2 people I saw asked me how I wanted to do my care. Last month booked an appt with a new Doc. Alrm bells should have gone off after needing to talk to Office Mgr because they said they couldn't take me because I was a pt there before and left. (I didn't) Supposed to have my PE Wednesday. Get a call a bit ago- she is going out of town they are cancelling. This appt wasn't for a PE anyway, it was meet the Provider. WHAT???Put me on hold to talk to office mgr. Nope. I can see an NP but no guarantee she will do a PE. I can ask. Oh sure. I can put the NP on the spot and hope it works but no guarantee and then it would be less than 7 days until I needed proof. Regardless of what happens no way I am staying there. Meanwhile I can't go back to my old place- once you leave you can't go back. I can go to a walk in but that is hit or miss if it will be covered and I would need to change PCP to get it done.

Left message to speak tot he mgr of the manager but no call back.

Getting a PE at this time is like panning for gold. Everyone needs a PE for school, etc. I am so screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Good Afternoon Lodge!

I hate the time around Labor Day. Need a physical for work. Decided to go somewhere new because the last 2 people I saw asked me how I wanted to do my care. Last month booked an appt with a new Doc. Alrm bells should have gone off after needing to talk to Office Mgr because they said they couldn't take me because I was a pt there before and left. (I didn't) Supposed to have my PE Wednesday. Get a call a bit ago- she is going out of town they are cancelling. This appt wasn't for a PE anyway, it was meet the Provider. WHAT???Put me on hold to talk to office mgr. Nope. I can see an NP but no guarantee she will do a PE. I can ask. Oh sure. I can put the NP on the spot and hope it works but no guarantee and then it would be less than 7 days until I needed proof. Regardless of what happens no way I am staying there. Meanwhile I can't go back to my old place- once you leave you can't go back. I can go to a walk in but that is hit or miss if it will be covered and I would need to change PCP to get it done.

Left message to speak tot he mgr of the manager but no call back.

Getting a PE at this time is like panning for gold. Everyone needs a PE for school, etc. I am so screwed.
                              Have not checked in here for some time but found your post. Welcome to medicine in the year 2019! never thought i would say this but very happy that we closed the office and went part time so many years ago when we saw the handwriting on the wall.
                              Last edited by DrDemento; 08-26-2019, 05:16 PM.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Tomorrow is our huge summer outing. This is for pretty much the entire corporate business unit, about 1100 employees. It's here in Boston, at Lawn on D which is a cool, outdoor function area right next to the Convention Center in South Boston. I declined a few weeks ago because it's outside on uneven ground and, well, if people haven't noticed, I still have limited mobility. I will probably need to wear my boot, etc. I don't want to have to deal with it. Plus, I have a ton of stuff to do and scheduled some onsite meetings here. I was walking by my boss' office about an hour ago and she tells me she heard that attendance is mandatory and if you don't go, you have to take a vacation day. I told her that was not stipulated in the invitation, I set up a couple of meetings here tomorrow. Ugh.

I do like they're making an effort to help celebrate employees and do this event outside with food and games, etc. but seriously? Mandatory??? I really don't want to even go but if I did not have surgery, I still would have put in an appearance. I'm so annoyed right now. I checked with the meeting and events team managing the event and they said it's not mandatory, that you can come into work and that out of the ~1100 people invited, they have an attendance rate of about 52%. I don't think this mandatory message is coming from my boss because she would have had the decency to tell all of us up front. It may be coming from her boss, but still, if that was the case, my boss would have told me earlier. I haven't used my scooter in three weeks but if I have to go to this, I'm totally bringing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X