View Poll Results: Which state are you LEAST likely ever to visit or pass through (on the ground)?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona

0 0%
  • California

1 4.55%
  • Colorado

0 0%
  • Connecticut

2 9.09%
  • Florida

1 4.55%
  • Georgia

0 0%
  • Illinois

0 0%
  • Indiana

0 0%
  • Maryland

2 9.09%
  • Massachusetts

1 4.55%
  • Michigan

0 0%
  • Minnesota

0 0%
  • New York

1 4.55%
  • North Carolina

0 0%
  • Ohio

0 0%
  • Oklahoma

12 54.55%
  • Pennsylvania

0 0%
  • Texas

1 4.55%
  • Virginia

0 0%
  • Washington

1 4.55%
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Classic manager ploy. As my male friend taught me- think like a man. He said women spend too much time justifying what they want or need. Men just expect what they are owed. In our generation we are taught to anticipate, empathize, fix. Would a man feel guilt? (well, he might) I know this sounds very gender-y but in our generation we were socialized it was our responsibility to fix everything. Go with the mindset that they have had months to prepare. If they didn't prepare that is not on you. It is on them to work it out. If they were assuming it would fix by itself then not your problem. It will be a learning experience for them.
    I'm lucky with my work. I say I'm out, or have a doc's note saying I'm out, I am OUT. They know I have to be on my death bed to call in sick/miss work/etc. I hate taking PTO, much less being FORCED to not work. Obviously took me a while to build that rep up, and there are a handful of fellow employees who have the same rep. Mgmt knows we hate missing work.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

there's a good buck in that racket.

s’upp y’all

Mookie would not be writing “everything is covered, complete, etc”
    Makes one look like they do little and can be let go if needed
    Busy busy busy, but mgr assigned X to cover this and Y to get that and Z with this.

Opposite Girl

Meeting this morning with my boss went great. For real. She even said "You know you are shut off from this place, right?" I said yes I do. It also didn't hurt that I brought her a card and some flowers. She's having her 10-year anniversary this week which I knew because I was asked to provide something for a book she's getting. We've been a team since she got here and I was hoping to get a funny "It's our anniversary!" card but couldn't find that didn't indicate it was for a married couple. She's been having a real tough time this past week on a project and that getting those flowers totally made her day. So, I'm in a better place about leaving and having the surgery. Meeting with my co-worker later today to hand off some stuff.

Just made it. Good Morning, Lodge!

Car saga over! It is finally in my possession.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I'm lucky with my work. I say I'm out, or have a doc's note saying I'm out, I am OUT. They know I have to be on my death bed to call in sick/miss work/etc. I hate taking PTO, much less being FORCED to not work. Obviously took me a while to build that rep up, and there are a handful of fellow employees who have the same rep. Mgmt knows we hate missing work.
    SOmebosses do not care how hard people work. Their MO is to imply people are not enough, no matter what, and people respond by trying to be even more. This is esp effective for people who are already conscientious. They are concerned they haven't given the impression they are hard workers and Trying to get those people to take care of themselves and not be martyrs is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Meeting this morning with my boss went great. For real. She even said "You know you are shut off from this place, right?" I said yes I do. It also didn't hurt that I brought her a card and some flowers. She's having her 10-year anniversary this week which I knew because I was asked to provide something for a book she's getting. We've been a team since she got here and I was hoping to get a funny "It's our anniversary!" card but couldn't find that didn't indicate it was for a married couple. She's been having a real tough time this past week on a project and that getting those flowers totally made her day. So, I'm in a better place about leaving and having the surgery. Meeting with my co-worker later today to hand off some stuff.
    Glad to hear it. That makes things so much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Car saga over! It is finally in my possession.
    Vrrrm vrrrmmmmm!

pawn in game of life

Good Evening, Lodge!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Evening, Lodge. 3 more work days of normalcy, then some chaos. Next week, my co-worker is off. Week after that? I am off. Hope main building is ready to send help, and realize how much my co-worker and I run this sh*.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2019 Midwest Regional

s’upp y’all

Opposite Girl

Home from the hospital. This really hurts. Was more manageable earlier. Lying on my bed with it elevated, watching TV. Getting a bit sleepy. Mom heading out to get my pain meds soon. Glad it’s a nice day. Windows open to get some fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Home from the hospital. This really hurts. Was more manageable earlier. Lying on my bed with it elevated, watching TV. Getting a bit sleepy. Mom heading out to get my pain meds soon. Glad it’s a nice day. Windows open to get some fresh air.
    Is there fresh air in the Boston area?

Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom

I just got hit by a car, while I was on my mower. Not joking.

Actually, here's what happened. I had finished mowing, and was getting ready to blow the remaining grass off the sidewalk in front of the house. I was at the edge of where the sidewalk and the neighbor's driveway meet. I had the mower deck lowered, and then BOOM, I got a little jar on my right side. I look to my right, and about a foot from my head is the back of my neighbor's SUV. She pulled forward a bit, I got the mower out of the way, and we both looked at the damage. There doesn't appear to be any damage to the mower, and there's a few scratches on her bumper. Her 8 year old just had to get out and see, too.

I'm fine. No harm, no foul. Hopefully this just ends up as a funny story to tell.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

Actually, here's what happened. I had finished mowing, and was getting ready to blow the remaining grass off the sidewalk in front of the house. I was at the edge of where the sidewalk and the neighbor's driveway meet. I had the mower deck lowered, and then BOOM, I got a little jar on my right side. I look to my right, and about a foot from my head is the back of my neighbor's SUV. She pulled forward a bit, I got the mower out of the way, and we both looked at the damage. There doesn't appear to be any damage to the mower, and there's a few scratches on her bumper. Her 8 year old just had to get out and see, too.

I'm fine. No harm, no foul. Hopefully this just ends up as a funny story to tell.
    Yikes!!

Good Evening Lodge!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

Welcome to the "Hit By A Car Club!" It's rather exclusive, if you weren't a driver.

s’upp y’all

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Welcome to the "Hit By A Car Club!" It's rather exclusive, if you weren't a driver.

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2019 Midwest Regional

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!