X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    I live about 10 miles out of town. The only issues I experience with slow drive times is either nasty winter weather or the occasional tractor hogging the lane or an extremely slow driver. Sometimes all three at he same time.
    You live in the sticks. That's a bit different than the Cidiots.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      You live in the sticks. That's a bit different than the Cidiots.
      Yes I do live in the sticks. By design. When things got serious with Mrs g we prioritized what we thought was most important in life. Living in the metro and dealing with the hustle and bustle didn’t make the list. Drawbacks? Yes. Regrets? No.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes I do live in the sticks. By design. When things got serious with Mrs g we prioritized what we thought was most important in life. Living in the metro and dealing with the hustle and bustle didn’t make the list. Drawbacks? Yes. Regrets? No.
        I hear ya. When I retire, it's gonna be in the sticks somewhere. The 30 minute drive to get groceries, nearest neighbor 5-10 miles away, etc.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good afternoon Lodge.
              sigpic

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

it is very humid. Just came in from my walk. I was dripping with sweat with minimal effort. YUK!

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Ralph!

Good morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Good morning Lodge.

Day of rest after a day of hiking. Hiked over 15 miles yesterday.

Betty’s Pies will be invaded later today.
                      sigpic

Comment

Is Betty's Pies really worth it? I've been past it a couple times, but never been into it.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Is Betty's Pies really worth it? I've been past it a couple times, but never been into it.
                          It’s ok if you like pie. It has been around for a long time. Over the years I think it’s become an overrated tourist trap. It’s world famous though. The thing is that there is no way all the pies are freshly made from scratch. I’m guessing they sell a couple hundred pies a day in the summer. The facilities and staff can’t handle that.

For me it’s nostalgic. I was a month or two old when I visited there my first time. Many pictures and memories of me and various family members throughout the years. Most of whom are no longer here. I usually try and sit In my grandfathers favorite booth. I’m doing my part and passing that down to my boys because that’s how I roll.
                          Last edited by gmann; 08-07-2019, 11:57 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!
                            Supposed to pick up my friend from the airport at 12:49 AM. Now it is 1:45 AM. There is weather. Sigh.

Meanwhile mr les has been on the phone with att/direct TV for >1hr. They shut off channels we've had for 20 yrs with no explanation, have tried to tell him he never had them, tried to tell him he doesn't have the right PIN (he did), and one hour more of stuff that constitutes ineptitude and idiocy. mr les is not happy.

Comment

s'upp y'all

It’s ok if you like pie...
                              and who doesn't like pie? mookie likes pie
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X