X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yep. It’s exciting but so much work. I think my biggest issue is going to be making sure it feels like our home not just “my house that we’re living in”. We’ll get through that. I’m really making an effort on that.

It was also somewhat surprising how hard it was to say goodbye to her apartment. Lots of great memories. Just little things like first meal we made together, first Christmas tree we put up together, her helping me get through the liver issues. Plus it was the place she came into her own at. Which was hard to see her say goodbye to that as well.
    I think your first paragraph was something we experienced that I hadn't thought of. Granted, I moved into tcbg's 1 bedroom apartment, so there wasn't a ton of space to make it a shared environment. I think it's great you recognized it early.

Yeah, it can be tough leaving that first place. I moved 4 times in 2 years before I moved in with tcbg so I didn't have much attachment to where we lived, but when we got our first apartment together (about 3 years later), it was really tough for him to say goodbye. Like your gf, it was his place where he really matured after moving out of his Mom's house after college. We had our first date there (we decorated a Christmas tree). I had taken some pictures and keep them in an album with all the places we've lived and traveled so we can look back on those memories.

Comment

I think my biggest issue is going to be making sure it feels like our home not just “my house that we’re living in”. We’ll get through that. I’m really making an effort on that..
      so dx is gonna let her strap one on and allow her to have a go at it?!?!?!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yep. It’s exciting but so much work. I think my biggest issue is going to be making sure it feels like our home not just “my house that we’re living in”. We’ll get through that. I’m really making an effort on that.

It was also somewhat surprising how hard it was to say goodbye to her apartment. Lots of great memories. Just little things like first meal we made together, first Christmas tree we put up together, her helping me get through the liver issues. Plus it was the place she came into her own at. Which was hard to see her say goodbye to that as well.
        That's tough. My wife and I have been going through that since last year. I think we did a good job of it, which helped because I set rules* on limiting the amount of wall decorations that would be hung while she picked out the interior paints we used for the whole house.

*more like mostly ignored guidelines, but they were established to help me feel like a man. Or something.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          That's tough. My wife and I have been going through that since last year. I think we did a good job of it, which helped because I set rules* on limiting the amount of wall decorations that would be hung while she picked out the interior paints we used for the whole house.

*more like mostly ignored guidelines, but they were established to help me feel like a man. Or something.
          This made me giggle.

mr les and I bought a house together and that was the first time I moved out. mum les had high pitched hysterics every time I tried to move out before that (that time too but it was too late). The Uni didn't have enough dorms so I couldn't go in the dorms. mr les was in a dorm for school but had moved home. I didn't have much stuff having moved overseas and back got rid of a lot of kid things. When my parents got divorced mum les and I moved into an appt so that meant a lot more stuff got jettisoned. mr les on the other hand.... he had clothes in his dresser from elementary school.

When we moved to this house it actually had a bit more room so no culling. Last year's floods got rid of a bunch of stuff. The attic on the other hand....

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

We have a new Head of Ops, hired a few months ago, and he likes to hold a lot of virtual town hall meetings. Basically, we listen to a phone meeting presentation with a PowerPoint presentation on our computer screens. At any rate, the man talks like the Bahba Wahwah bit. (Barbara Walters spoof)
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

What up, Loj? Haven't been here in a while, how do I renew my membership?
              Originally posted by moe24
              Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
                What up, Loj? Haven't been here in a while, how do I renew my membership?
                Buy the folk on the golf course a round of chocolate milk?

Hiya RR!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s’upp y’all
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good afternoon Lodge.

For those of you keeping score from home. Little gII baseball team won their state tournament this past weekend.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gmann View Post
                        Good afternoon Lodge.

For those of you keeping score from home. Little gII baseball team won their state tournament this past weekend.
                        Nice! Whos on 3rd?
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                          Good afternoon Lodge.

Good for them!

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Nice! Whos on 3rd?
                          mr les is going to The Who at Fenway park. We got he and his buddy shirts with a baseball diamond on it that had who on first, what on second, etc

Good afternoon Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I received an unknown amount from Mr. Mark Ruben of the BMW Lotto. Using the average to date, the total is now $561,823,196.18.
                            I received $11M from Mr.Sheng Li Hung. The total is now $572,823,196.18.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So about that house buying in Woodbury...it appears chickens were counted before they hatched. We visited the house while our home inspector was there. The official report is going to be worse than we expected. We had known about a few issues, and were planning to address them. Then we learned about the rest. It might take $65k to get this thing up to snuff. We were thinking around $25K, and still would have walked away with a bargain. Now we're not looking to take a pass.

Actually, we might withdraw our offer, and then come back again with a new, lowball offer if the house is still on the market then. The sellers seem desperate. Or if we find something else, we're likely to pursue a new course entirely.

Comment

Can I ask what was wrong with it?

You said they didn’t want to invest $25k and “do your maintenance!” earlier. Just curious so we don’t repeat the same mistake.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X