• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Little League’s pretentiousness has always bugged me. On one hand they have rules on every kid having to play and asinine territory rules while also having massive worldwide competitions that are internationally televised.

Now, soccer has its own problems but at least they don’t have the LL level of zealotry.
        Ever been to USA Cup?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Baseball was my absolute most un-favorite sport that lilnsl played. Our town league was ridiculous. The parents manipulated the draft every year, loaded a couple of the teams with the kids who were predestined to play summer ball (choices were all politics, not based on skill). It got so bad that some parents on the Board, including one of our friends, quit in protest. -Rinse, lather, repeat- they are still this way.

lilnsl loved his teams but he was never on a team with any skilled players or with a coach that taught the game. mr les favorite sport is bsbl but he was unwilling to lick anyone's but
          to get lilnsl on a good team. He figured that talent would out -lilnsl could hit a pitched ball when he was 3, throw accurately past the bases by the time he was 4 and was fairly good at pitching. One summer mr les let lilnsl try out for the travel team. They were cutting only 5 kids. They cut lilnsl but kept kids that couldn't catch a pop-fly, throw worth p** or bat. I don't think mr les ever recovered from the shock. lilnsl wasn't surprised at all- he knew everything was political and he wasn't in with the 'in' crowd. All the kids knew it was that way. Didn't realize how much the kids discussed this until I drove a couple of his friends home once. I listened as they discussed who they thought would be on the team arguing for certain kids dependent on which parents had managed to suck up to the coaches/powers that be. That was eye-opening.

The last yr he played the coach had 2 kids on the team. Both were snots. They used to kick the younger kids off the bench so their GF could sit there. I was sooooooooo glad when he decided he didn't want to play again!!
          One thing I've noticed about les-ville is how overly into baseball they are. So this whole post doesn't surprise me. I do kinda like that they get behind the sport, both men and women (you can't drive by those fields on 113 with any kind of ease during the summer) but that then leads to the issues that les mentioned above.

Any. Way. So - I'm due to get my car inspected this month. Due to my being somewhat incapacitated, I haven't done it. I'm at my mom's still (even though I managed to go into the office yesterday) and my brother is still here so I had him take my car to a local place to get the sticker. They told him they couldn't do it because my license plate is old. I have the single white with green letters/numbers license plate that I've had since I got my first car in 1989. MA has moved to a front/back white with red and blue. I was grandfathered in so I didn't have to change it. Now, it's kinda beat up so they're refusing to inspect it. Now, if I wasn't 6 weeks post surgery and could walk, I would have found this out earlier in the month and got it taken care of. I have to now get new plates. In order to do that, I have to fill out a form. The form requires my title# which is on the title that is at my house. And I'm not going there till Saturday. It also requires signature and stamp from my insurance company. Ugh.

So, I called our Customer Service Center, the guy was awesome. He sent the RMV form all filled out with the insurance stamp and sig. Wahoo! He didn't have the title number, not their are. I Googled how do I find my car's title number and lo and behold, it's on my registration, which I DO have. I printed out the form, filled in the title number, signed it. Now I need to go to the RMV (les - do you know if the RMV in Lowell has parking? I would love to go tomorrow). Not sure if they have a stash of plates there or they have to order them. If they do, I need to see if they can give me something to post or have in the car because my sticker expires on July 31 so if I don't get them in time, what happens then? I need this aggravation like a hole in the head.

Comment

Scarlet they should have new plates on site to give you unless they are vanity. Or MA does things that dont make sense.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Scarlet they should have new plates on site to give you unless they are vanity. Or MA does things that dont make sense.
              Yeah, I can't be bothered with vanity plates.

Comment

So my wife is getting the 12-week ultrasound today, and last night we put in an offer on a house in Woodbury. This is yet another big week in a long series of big weeks this year.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  So my wife is getting the 12-week ultrasound today, and last night we put in an offer on a house in Woodbury. This is yet another big week in a long series of big weeks this year.
                  Where in Woodbury?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    Where in Woodbury?
                    Basically, between Valley Creek Rd and the original high school.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Ever been to USA Cup?
                      No. Have thought about it before though.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        No. Have thought about it before though.
                        It gets bonkers. I've seen some pretty intense *ahem* discussions on the field before. I reffed it one year (maybe two) and never wanted to go back as a ref. Stuck with State and other tournaments and regular games. I remember trading war stories with refs who have done it and it's amazing they keep getting refs to work it sometimes. I did usually bike down the fields and watch as a fan though. It was a lot of fun watching the older teams play. Incredible talent.

I've reffed every level a 7/8 could do including the older premier boys teams. The parents for those teams are as bad as little league ever was**. USA Cup is worse. People are flying in from all over the world and there is a LOT of money on the line. It used to bring in tens of thousands of people every year (probably still does) The expectations from the parents and teams are unreasonable. That being said, you should do it some time. It's worth seeing once.

**Though, I get your point. USA Cup isn't televised nationally. I never quite got to the level those kids are at so I didn't see the insanity behind the scenes.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                          Ouch. Like most youth sports I’m sure there is politics in our baseball association. If there is it’s minor.

I’m very involved with little gII’s activities (to an extent) and I don’t see it*. With our in house baseball all players are evaluated and ranked. Coaches randomly select the draft order and kids are picked. No real way to cheat the system. With travel ball there is a try out conducted by a third party. AAA coach gets top 15 ranked kids and then has a tryout to trim to 10 or 11 players. Remaining kids go to AA and then single A.

*I am part of the in crowd. I kiss butt and I’m willing to bend over.

There were all sorts of politics and shennanigans with all the town sports. They totally miss the point of rec sports. They do things like volunteer to coach and then hit up the parents of other predestined players to be assistant coaches (more than are necessary) so the kids and their sibs were all on one team guaranteeing that the team would be stacked with good players. They somehow manipulate the draft (there is a story behind that but I forget it). If you aren't a townie and not in the 'in' crowd by the time your kid is in 1st grade your kid is not going to be on one of the good teams no matter how go skilled. (One of the nurses I worked with didn't believe this. Her kid was really pretty good. He got graded very low and was put on an awful team Brough him to the adjacent town where he played at a fairly high level). LAX where it got so bad one of lilnsl last yrs a bunch of parents actually raised hell to the Rec Dept (I wasn't involved ) There were kids that literally didn't get a minute of playing time in weeks. In Rec.

Best thing that ever happened was when lil said he wanted to run. Much easier. Time can't be fudged. There was some drama about who should be capt but no question about who was going to race each week. I heaved a huge sigh of relief!

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          One thing I've noticed about les-ville is how overly into baseball they are. So this whole post doesn't surprise me. I do kinda like that they get behind the sport, both men and women (you can't drive by those fields on 113 with any kind of ease during the summer) but that then leads to the issues that les mentioned above.

Any. Way. So - I'm due to get my car inspected this month. Due to my being somewhat incapacitated, I haven't done it. I'm at my mom's still (even though I managed to go into the office yesterday) and my brother is still here so I had him take my car to a local place to get the sticker. They told him they couldn't do it because my license plate is old. I have the single white with green letters/numbers license plate that I've had since I got my first car in 1989. MA has moved to a front/back white with red and blue. I was grandfathered in so I didn't have to change it. Now, it's kinda beat up so they're refusing to inspect it. Now, if I wasn't 6 weeks post surgery and could walk, I would have found this out earlier in the month and got it taken care of. I have to now get new plates. In order to do that, I have to fill out a form. The form requires my title# which is on the title that is at my house. And I'm not going there till Saturday. It also requires signature and stamp from my insurance company. Ugh.

So, I called our Customer Service Center, the guy was awesome. He sent the RMV form all filled out with the insurance stamp and sig. Wahoo! He didn't have the title number, not their are. I Googled how do I find my car's title number and lo and behold, it's on my registration, which I DO have. I printed out the form, filled in the title number, signed it. Now I need to go to the RMV (les - do you know if the RMV in Lowell has parking? I would love to go tomorrow). Not sure if they have a stash of plates there or they have to order them. If they do, I need to see if they can give me something to post or have in the car because my sticker expires on July 31 so if I don't get them in time, what happens then? I need this aggravation like a hole in the head.
                          Parking garage adjacent. It has elevators. In kind of a tough section of town. Does AAA do it? I know that is where I go to do all the registry type things.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Wow <3 that is cool.

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Parking garage adjacent. It has elevators. In kind of a tough section of town. Does AAA do it? I know that is where I go to do all the registry type things.
                            I checked, and AAA doesn't do the plates. Boo. The AAA on the boulevard is so much easier to get to.

I had seven conference calls today Seven!! Ugh. So much work to do. Wish I could've eased into this. But no. Full steam ahead. Oh, so we have a department-wide meeting every quarter. I missed the last one because I was out. One of the guest presenters was the woman who manages the new advertising campaign. I'm sure you've all seen it. Anyway, in her presentation towards the end she gave two shout outs for all the help. And one of them was for me!! I worked with her team on merchandise and swag. It's been a long process but a fun one. The meeting was livestreamed this time and someone sent out a link to it today so I was watching it and saw her say it. It was really cool to hear! I'm going to send her an email thanking her for the call out.

I'm a tad annoyed because you would think someone on my team (they were all there) might have said something to me about it. The meeting was on the 17th. I started work on the 22nd. Putting in a little caveat here - I may be putting my Opposite Girl powers into effect. I am posting my annoyance here about the lack of recognition of a comment by a senior level executive in front of my entire department about what a great job I did. When I get back to the office and get a chance to sit with my boss, who knows if I get an acknowledgement or maybe even a recognition award. I could see me *****ing about it and then have then wind planning to put in for a recognition award.

Four days into being back and I really need to find a way to not have to work. I really like my job and what I do, but man...work is TIRING!! I want to sleep, hang out, etc. And get paid for that. Is there a job that has those requirements??

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Basically, between Valley Creek Rd and the original high school.
                              I grew up in Royal Oaks! Good luck.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I checked, and AAA doesn't do the plates. Boo. The AAA on the boulevard is so much easier to get to.

I had seven conference calls today Seven!! Ugh. So much work to do. Wish I could've eased into this. But no. Full steam ahead. Oh, so we have a department-wide meeting every quarter. I missed the last one because I was out. One of the guest presenters was the woman who manages the new advertising campaign. I'm sure you've all seen it. Anyway, in her presentation towards the end she gave two shout outs for all the help. And one of them was for me!! I worked with her team on merchandise and swag. It's been a long process but a fun one. The meeting was livestreamed this time and someone sent out a link to it today so I was watching it and saw her say it. It was really cool to hear! I'm going to send her an email thanking her for the call out.

I'm a tad annoyed because you would think someone on my team (they were all there) might have said something to me about it. The meeting was on the 17th. I started work on the 22nd. Putting in a little caveat here - I may be putting my Opposite Girl powers into effect. I am posting my annoyance here about the lack of recognition of a comment by a senior level executive in front of my entire department about what a great job I did. When I get back to the office and get a chance to sit with my boss, who knows if I get an acknowledgement or maybe even a recognition award. I could see me *****ing about it and then have then wind planning to put in for a recognition award.

Four days into being back and I really need to find a way to not have to work. I really like my job and what I do, but man...work is TIRING!! I want to sleep, hang out, etc. And get paid for that. Is there a job that has those requirements??
                                If you find one tell me. I need it for the Spring Semester

Comment

Working...
                                X