View Poll Results: Which state are you LEAST likely ever to visit or pass through (on the ground)?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona

0 0%
  • California

1 4.55%
  • Colorado

0 0%
  • Connecticut

2 9.09%
  • Florida

1 4.55%
  • Georgia

0 0%
  • Illinois

0 0%
  • Indiana

0 0%
  • Maryland

2 9.09%
  • Massachusetts

1 4.55%
  • Michigan

0 0%
  • Minnesota

0 0%
  • New York

1 4.55%
  • North Carolina

0 0%
  • Ohio

0 0%
  • Oklahoma

12 54.55%
  • Pennsylvania

0 0%
  • Texas

1 4.55%
  • Virginia

0 0%
  • Washington

1 4.55%
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

there's a good buck in that racket.

síupp yíall

Cheer up, the worst is yet to come gmann's Avatar

Good morning Lodge.

Regarding the house stuff. I am not an expert but I have purchased 3 homes in my life. Each time I hired an inspector to go through the house and property and report issues large and small. Written in the purchase agreement it stated that sale was pending based on results of inspection. I also negotiated with sellers in purchasing a home buyer warranty. The home buyer warranty covers things like: electrical systems, plumbing systems, heating and cooling systems, washer and dryer and kitchen appliances.

Edit. Granted 2 of the 3 homes were recently built but they still could have issues. Obviously older homes have significant potential of having multiple issues.
    Last edited by gmann; 08-01-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Lucia Apologist

I donít think Iíd ever buy a home warranty. And including it on the sellerís side doesnít matter. You still pay for it.

The biggest problem with warranties is that there is often only certain parts that are covered and there can very often be high deductibles. You might still have to pony up a good chunk of change. It doesnít make sense unless you have cash flow issues and carefully read through and fully understand what is covered and how itís covered.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I donít think Iíd ever buy a home warranty. And including it on the sellerís side doesnít matter. You still pay for it.

The biggest problem with warranties is that there is often only certain parts that are covered and there can very often be high deductibles. You might still have to pony up a good chunk of change. It doesnít make sense unless you have cash flow issues and carefully read through and fully understand what is covered and how itís covered.
    Not necessarily true. Once we negotiated the price for our home I then brought up home warranty. Seller paid for two years. Our home was 2 years old when we purchased. Within first year of owning our home we had to have furnace replaced. We also had central air issues and the fridge went out. Each was covered 100% without any out of pocket expenses.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I don’t think I’d ever buy a home warranty. And including it on the seller’s side doesn’t matter. You still pay for it.

The biggest problem with warranties is that there is often only certain parts that are covered and there can very often be high deductibles. You might still have to pony up a good chunk of change. It doesn’t make sense unless you have cash flow issues and carefully read through and fully understand what is covered and how it’s covered.
    As part of my sale, we did 1 year off the bat, knowing that the furnace, A/C,, water heater, fridge, and stove were all 14 years old. It was a selling point to potential buyers. After the inspection, the buyers requested that we add a second year to the warranty. So we did. The deductible for repairs is $75-100, chump change when compared to the big ticket items.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    As part of my sale, we did 1 year off the bat, knowing that the furnace, A/C,, water heater, fridge, and stove were all 14 years old. It was a selling point to potential buyers. After the inspection, the buyers requested that we add a second year to the warranty. So we did. The deductible for repairs is $75-100, chump change when compared to the big ticket items.
    Come to think of it I think we had to pay a very small deductible. But a fraction compared to the overall price.

When we walked through our home and as we became serous about purchasing I had my dad assist. I am mechanically handicapped. My dad was not and he owed a plumbing and heating company. He immediately notified us that the brand and model of our heating and cooling systems had known issues. That kind of feedback/knowledge is priceless.

Hi Lodgers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Hi Lodgers!
    RFAlph have you been hacked?? it is the middle of the night for you.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2019 Midwest Regional

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

Morniní yíall. Happy Friday.

Registered Loser

I was hoping to sell my condo and buy a house this year, but my mother's getting sick and then passing basically ended that for this calendar year. Plus, my girlfriend's coop sale in NY is taking for ev er. So we'll meet with a realtor later this summer/fall, decide if I want to sell my condo and rent for a year and then buy next year, or just sell/buy together. I really hate the whole purchase-contingent-upon-sale thing, and since we're looking to move to an area about an hour from here, it may make more sense to rent for a year and see how we like the area (and how I like the commute) before committing.

Home values are definitely plateauing around here, so selling in the next 6-12 months and waiting to buy might save us some money. Or might not.

We're also trying to decide on a house vs. townhouse. I really really don't enjoy yardwork. I don't mind HOA fees that go to maintenance. But last year's experience with our deceased neighbor has really turned me off on multi-dwelling units. I'm currently in a garden style condo and we've only looked at townhouse and duplexes so some of that impact would be mitigated, but all the same...
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Quote Originally Posted by Swansong View Post
    I was hoping to sell my condo and buy a house this year, but my mother's getting sick and then passing basically ended that for this calendar year. Plus, my girlfriend's coop sale in NY is taking for ev er. So we'll meet with a realtor later this summer/fall, decide if I want to sell my condo and rent for a year and then buy next year, or just sell/buy together. I really hate the whole purchase-contingent-upon-sale thing, and since we're looking to move to an area about an hour from here, it may make more sense to rent for a year and see how we like the area (and how I like the commute) before committing.

Home values are definitely plateauing around here, so selling in the next 6-12 months and waiting to buy might save us some money. Or might not.

We're also trying to decide on a house vs. townhouse. I really really don't enjoy yardwork. I don't mind HOA fees that go to maintenance. But last year's experience with our deceased neighbor has really turned me off on multi-dwelling units. I'm currently in a garden style condo and we've only looked at townhouse and duplexes so some of that impact would be mitigated, but all the same...
    Have you thought about getting a van and living down by the river?

Quote Originally Posted by gmann View Post
    Have you thought about getting a van and living down by the river?
    For the win~!

Good Evening Lodge!

Quote Originally Posted by Swansong View Post

Are you moving to NH? If so, or really any further north than where I kind of remember you being, I would definitely test drive the commute. It sucks, but ... *shrug*. I'm looking a jobs in the city and I'm thinking of doing a couple test runs of the commute before even applying since it's likely to be ~90 minutes of commuting (10-15 minutes to the bus, 75 minutes on the bus to South Station, 10-15 minutes to the potential employer).

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2019 Midwest Regional

there's a good buck in that racket.

s'upp y'all
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Good Morning, MEUSA!
    You too, Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-03-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Opposite Girl

Good morning Lodge. Finished my first week at home on my own. Itís been and will continue to be a challenge. I also went into the office three days and to PT twice so far. I am exhausted.

Thread Information