X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Entry level luxury cars (not suv) is my current criteria.

Thats your BMW 3, Alfa Giulia, Genesis G70, etc.
    Kia Stinger GT. Almost pulled the trigger on one before scoring my new Miata instead.

Comes in V4 and V6, RWD or AWD, similar platform to the Genesis, kickass factory warranty from Kia. Also it looks like Kia want to crank up the sales numbers on them, so sweet deals can be had. $50K gets you a loaded V6 that can easily run with BMW 3 series/Audi A4s.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Kia Stinger GT. Almost pulled the trigger on one before scoring my new Miata instead.

Comes in V4 and V6, RWD or AWD, similar platform to the Genesis, kickass factory warranty from Kia. Also it looks like Kia want to crank up the sales numbers on them, so sweet deals can be had. $50K gets you a loaded V6 that can easily run with BMW 3 series/Audi A4s.
      That's what I thought when I drove the Genesis. It's a "poor man's" BMW. That thing cornered and accelerated as such. I was in total surprise.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        That's what I thought when I drove the Genesis. It's a "poor man's" BMW. That thing cornered and accelerated as such. I was in total surprise.
        You can get a BMW 3 series/Audi A4 for $50K, but it's gonna be barebones.

You drop $50K on a Stinger and you're getting the 11 speaker Harman/Kardon sound system, Brembo brakes, heated/cooled leather seats, shift by wire, navigation, XM, the works.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          You can get a BMW 3 series/Audi A4 for $50K, but it's gonna be barebones.

You drop $50K on a Stinger and you're getting the 11 speaker Harman/Kardon sound system, Brembo brakes, heated/cooled leather seats, shift by wire, navigation, XM, the works.
          It might have changed, but same with Genesis, when I drove it. It was for my cousin's wedding a few years back, and bro (who is a mechanic for Hyundai) could borrow any car. He chose the Gen. I was WTeff.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I do like the Genesis G70. I was looking at that last night. Seems like it would be a better ride than the BMW and i could get a few more bangs for my bucks.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                I would have said Indiana, but our national critical care nursing conference is in Indianapolis next year, so there is a distinct possibility I'll be able to check it off my list.
                Work always forces me to go places I wouldn't on my own. Like the hellhole that is Orlando.

Indianapolis is surprisingly tolerable. It's got a few cool neighborhoods.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Work always forces me to go places I wouldn't on my own. Like the hellhole that is Orlando.

Indianapolis is surprisingly tolerable. It's got a few cool neighborhoods.
                  I grew up going to the Mouse yearly, so I have a soft spot for Orlando (we stayed at Disney and Uber-ed to the Orange County Convention Center for the conference I went to 2 weeks ago).
                  Good to know about Indy. I'm on the fence, but I LOVE the conference and I figure it's another state to check off my list. I was hoping to dovetail it with another trip for the WCBC (World Championship BBQ Competition) in Memphis in May, but I'm not sure that's going to align.

Comment

It was real cold for DC in the early morning. My bike thermometer read 49 deg.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oops, read all this and never pushed the post button so- Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Where’s the pole?
                            S’upp y’all
                            Prague is quite cool.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I've been to all of these states (yes, even Oklahoma, but I wouldn't go back). You should've done countries.
                              Mookie no been okay
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge~!

Washer and dryer are here but not hooked up. They aren't allowed to do that. THe dryer hose needs to be cut and they don't have tools for that either. Nice guys tho. Pouring sweat by the time they were done- it is ridiculously hot for all they said it was supposed to be cool and cloudy.

Comment

Working...
                                X