This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Howdy Lodge. Back from the doctor. Got my stitches removed. Actually, they were staples. No wonder it was so irritated. He put steri strips on the incisions and a little gauze and an ace bandage. Swelling has gone way down. Yay! Still doesn’t want me to put any weight on it for another two weeks. He thinks it will swell if I put weight on it and that might cause the incisions to open. He did say I can get it wet by end of week. And that I don’t have to wear the boot the whole time. I have it off now, but I may put it back on because now it’s actually starting to ache. Which it hasn’t done since it happened. Weird.

Going back in two weeks, will have an X-ray and then he said I might be able to get into a sneaker with an ankle brace. Considering he told me i would be in a boot for 4-6 weeks, I’m a little amazed at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Howdy Lodge. Back from the doctor. Got my stitches removed. Actually, they were staples. No wonder it was so irritated. He put steri strips on the incisions and a little gauze and an ace bandage. Swelling has gone way down. Yay! Still doesn’t want me to put any weight on it for another two weeks. He thinks it will swell if I put weight on it and that might cause the incisions to open. He did say I can get it wet by end of week. And that I don’t have to wear the boot the whole time. I have it off now, but I may put it back on because now it’s actually starting to ache. Which it hasn’t done since it happened. Weird.

Going back in two weeks, will have an X-ray and then he said I might be able to get into a sneaker with an ankle brace. Considering he told me i would be in a boot for 4-6 weeks, I’m a little amazed at that.
      Solid choices!
      Last edited by Greyeagle; 07-01-2019, 01:55 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

My house went up for sale this past Thursday, and it sold Friday. Now I have to hope that the inspection goes well and I can complete this process. That'll be a huge relief.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Came home from a bike ride in the heat to find out that there was some kind of an emergency and the hot water has been turned off.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

3 days until I head home. Freedom in more ways than 1.

Comment

94 degrees at 7:30 PM.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It appears everyone is frontloading their work this week, so they have have a 4 (or 5) day weekend, due to the Fourth. At least I hope that is the case. Got our arse WHUPPED today.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

After Wednesday I'm not back at the office until the 15th, and then it's another 4-day week.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!

Back from over the pond. London has changed. mookie you were right on all counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      After Wednesday I'm not back at the office until the 15th, and then it's another 4-day week.
                      The obv short week this week, full week next week, then another week + day off. This 30 day stretch is pretty solid for me.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          Good morning to tLodge!
                          Ugh! It barely qualifies as morning!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
                            Good Morning, Ewe!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Lodge.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                                Good morning Lodge.
                                Morning, gmann! How are the kiddos? And the in-laws? And the stars and stripes speedo?

Comment

Working...
                                X