This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

That "New WCHA is Dead" thread is going to be a dumpster fire by tomorrow night with all the speculation and accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      That "New WCHA is Dead" thread is going to be a dumpster fire by tomorrow night with all the speculation and accusations.
      The only thing I’ve learned from that thread is that a lot of WCHA fans really don’t want UAA and UAF around. Which is really insulting.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        The only thing I’ve learned from that thread is that a lot of WCHA fans really don’t want UAA and UAF around. Which is really insulting.
        There have always been some Johnny-come-lately BG, Tech, and Mankato fans who think our schools have bigger breeches than they really do.

You do have to admit though, the situation with the never-ending threat of budget cuts, the big step down in the arena situation that just got announced a couple months back, etc. does not look very good for your programs. It's a dog-eat-dog world now.

Comment

There have always been some Johnny-come-lately BG, Tech, and Mankato fans who think our schools have bigger breeches than they really do.

You do have to admit though, the situation with the never-ending threat of budget cuts, the big step down in the arena situation that just got announced a couple months back, etc. does not look very good for your programs. It's a dog-eat-dog world now.
          The “big step down” in the arena situation was really more of a positive move, the rent at the Sully was $25k per weekend and the arena is frankly a dump, moving on campus into a facility that was just upgraded with new facilities was better. Plus, a better atmosphere in a smaller arena would help the on ice product.

The budget situation is something the Universities can’t control, it’s all politics.

The real crappy part is the way things were done, seven schools just stabbed three in the back. If there were issues they could’ve been discussed and dealt with, instead they released a Friday afternoon press release and referred to an outside party to deal with it all, what a way to deal with a 25+ year partner. Now three programs are basically left to die.

My final word is this: Cutting off the three schools isn’t gonna fix anything, it’s not gonna magically fix any budget issues you may have, it won’t fix your PWR. How long until BG and Mankato get tired of trips to the UP? They’ve already gone behind people’s back and they’ll do it to you eventually.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I'm surprised it hasn't already...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Fun day today, met up with a buddy at a local brewery (I owed him some stuff). Happened to come across a couple other beer geeks we knew.

As for the WCHA thing...I'm saddened that the smaller schools in the WCHA (BG/MTU/NMU) are being thrown under the bus. I wouldn't be surprised if schools like Mankato/etc said, "Support us, or you could be out, too."

Another hot one tomorrow. Then I have to figure out how to work again. 9 days off in a row is a trip, I tell ya.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Umm...BG is the largest school in the conference, and the only one who is full D1. Pretty sure they're spearheading this.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Umm...BG is the largest school in the conference, and the only one who is full D1. Pretty sure they're spearheading this.
                  That thread is a true sh*show then.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all

back to the land of 50 deg heat
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        s'upp y'all

I fully understand your commie numbers and “HOLY HECK WHY DO THESE PLACES EXIST?!?!”
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          I fully understand your commie numbers and “HOLY HECK WHY DO THESE PLACES EXIST?!?!”
                          er, why do people LIVE THERE
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Gross

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Stopped by the corner store today. Due to the weather (pretty big storm rolled through), from 11am-2pm, there were 3 regulars (including me) and 5 staffers (only 2 were working). It was like hanging out at someone's house. It was weird and fun. Pretty good view of the storm coming in, also, since the corner store faces west.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge1
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X