View Poll Results: Which state are you LEAST likely ever to visit or pass through (on the ground)?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona

    0 0%
  • California

    1 4.55%
  • Colorado

    0 0%
  • Connecticut

    2 9.09%
  • Florida

    1 4.55%
  • Georgia

    0 0%
  • Illinois

    0 0%
  • Indiana

    0 0%
  • Maryland

    2 9.09%
  • Massachusetts

    1 4.55%
  • Michigan

    0 0%
  • Minnesota

    0 0%
  • New York

    1 4.55%
  • North Carolina

    0 0%
  • Ohio

    0 0%
  • Oklahoma

    12 54.55%
  • Pennsylvania

    0 0%
  • Texas

    1 4.55%
  • Virginia

    0 0%
  • Washington

    1 4.55%
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 1002

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

  1. #481
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,633

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  2. #482
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,135

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

  3. #483
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,689

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Little Leagueís pretentiousness has always bugged me. On one hand they have rules on every kid having to play and asinine territory rules while also having massive worldwide competitions that are internationally televised.

    Now, soccer has its own problems but at least they donít have the LL level of zealotry.
    Ever been to USA Cup?

  4. #484
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,148

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Baseball was my absolute most un-favorite sport that lilnsl played. Our town league was ridiculous. The parents manipulated the draft every year, loaded a couple of the teams with the kids who were predestined to play summer ball (choices were all politics, not based on skill). It got so bad that some parents on the Board, including one of our friends, quit in protest. -Rinse, lather, repeat- they are still this way.

    lilnsl loved his teams but he was never on a team with any skilled players or with a coach that taught the game. mr les favorite sport is bsbl but he was unwilling to lick anyone's but
    to get lilnsl on a good team. He figured that talent would out -lilnsl could hit a pitched ball when he was 3, throw accurately past the bases by the time he was 4 and was fairly good at pitching. One summer mr les let lilnsl try out for the travel team. They were cutting only 5 kids. They cut lilnsl but kept kids that couldn't catch a pop-fly, throw worth p** or bat. I don't think mr les ever recovered from the shock. lilnsl wasn't surprised at all- he knew everything was political and he wasn't in with the 'in' crowd. All the kids knew it was that way. Didn't realize how much the kids discussed this until I drove a couple of his friends home once. I listened as they discussed who they thought would be on the team arguing for certain kids dependent on which parents had managed to suck up to the coaches/powers that be. That was eye-opening.

    The last yr he played the coach had 2 kids on the team. Both were snots. They used to kick the younger kids off the bench so their GF could sit there. I was sooooooooo glad when he decided he didn't want to play again!!
    One thing I've noticed about les-ville is how overly into baseball they are. So this whole post doesn't surprise me. I do kinda like that they get behind the sport, both men and women (you can't drive by those fields on 113 with any kind of ease during the summer) but that then leads to the issues that les mentioned above.

    Any. Way. So - I'm due to get my car inspected this month. Due to my being somewhat incapacitated, I haven't done it. I'm at my mom's still (even though I managed to go into the office yesterday) and my brother is still here so I had him take my car to a local place to get the sticker. They told him they couldn't do it because my license plate is old. I have the single white with green letters/numbers license plate that I've had since I got my first car in 1989. MA has moved to a front/back white with red and blue. I was grandfathered in so I didn't have to change it. Now, it's kinda beat up so they're refusing to inspect it. Now, if I wasn't 6 weeks post surgery and could walk, I would have found this out earlier in the month and got it taken care of. I have to now get new plates. In order to do that, I have to fill out a form. The form requires my title# which is on the title that is at my house. And I'm not going there till Saturday. It also requires signature and stamp from my insurance company. Ugh.

    So, I called our Customer Service Center, the guy was awesome. He sent the RMV form all filled out with the insurance stamp and sig. Wahoo! He didn't have the title number, not their are. I Googled how do I find my car's title number and lo and behold, it's on my registration, which I DO have. I printed out the form, filled in the title number, signed it. Now I need to go to the RMV (les - do you know if the RMV in Lowell has parking? I would love to go tomorrow). Not sure if they have a stash of plates there or they have to order them. If they do, I need to see if they can give me something to post or have in the car because my sticker expires on July 31 so if I don't get them in time, what happens then? I need this aggravation like a hole in the head.

  5. #485
    2147483647
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    23,724

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Scarlet they should have new plates on site to give you unless they are vanity. Or MA does things that dont make sense.

  6. #486
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,148

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Scarlet they should have new plates on site to give you unless they are vanity. Or MA does things that dont make sense.
    Yeah, I can't be bothered with vanity plates.

  7. #487
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,073

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    So my wife is getting the 12-week ultrasound today, and last night we put in an offer on a house in Woodbury. This is yet another big week in a long series of big weeks this year.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  8. #488
    Very Un-Dude
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Hockey Mecca
    Posts
    26,839
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    So my wife is getting the 12-week ultrasound today, and last night we put in an offer on a house in Woodbury. This is yet another big week in a long series of big weeks this year.
    Where in Woodbury?

  9. #489
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,073

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Where in Woodbury?
    Basically, between Valley Creek Rd and the original high school.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  10. #490
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Ever been to USA Cup?
    No. Have thought about it before though.

  11. #491
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,689

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    No. Have thought about it before though.
    It gets bonkers. I've seen some pretty intense *ahem* discussions on the field before. I reffed it one year (maybe two) and never wanted to go back as a ref. Stuck with State and other tournaments and regular games. I remember trading war stories with refs who have done it and it's amazing they keep getting refs to work it sometimes. I did usually bike down the fields and watch as a fan though. It was a lot of fun watching the older teams play. Incredible talent.

    I've reffed every level a 7/8 could do including the older premier boys teams. The parents for those teams are as bad as little league ever was**. USA Cup is worse. People are flying in from all over the world and there is a LOT of money on the line. It used to bring in tens of thousands of people every year (probably still does) The expectations from the parents and teams are unreasonable. That being said, you should do it some time. It's worth seeing once.

    **Though, I get your point. USA Cup isn't televised nationally. I never quite got to the level those kids are at so I didn't see the insanity behind the scenes.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  12. #492
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,544

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by gmann View Post
    Ouch. Like most youth sports Iím sure there is politics in our baseball association. If there is itís minor.

    Iím very involved with little gIIís activities (to an extent) and I donít see it*. With our in house baseball all players are evaluated and ranked. Coaches randomly select the draft order and kids are picked. No real way to cheat the system. With travel ball there is a try out conducted by a third party. AAA coach gets top 15 ranked kids and then has a tryout to trim to 10 or 11 players. Remaining kids go to AA and then single A.

    *I am part of the in crowd. I kiss butt and Iím willing to bend over.

    There were all sorts of politics and shennanigans with all the town sports. They totally miss the point of rec sports. They do things like volunteer to coach and then hit up the parents of other predestined players to be assistant coaches (more than are necessary) so the kids and their sibs were all on one team guaranteeing that the team would be stacked with good players. They somehow manipulate the draft (there is a story behind that but I forget it). If you aren't a townie and not in the 'in' crowd by the time your kid is in 1st grade your kid is not going to be on one of the good teams no matter how go skilled. (One of the nurses I worked with didn't believe this. Her kid was really pretty good. He got graded very low and was put on an awful team Brough him to the adjacent town where he played at a fairly high level). LAX where it got so bad one of lilnsl last yrs a bunch of parents actually raised hell to the Rec Dept (I wasn't involved ) There were kids that literally didn't get a minute of playing time in weeks. In Rec.

    Best thing that ever happened was when lil said he wanted to run. Much easier. Time can't be fudged. There was some drama about who should be capt but no question about who was going to race each week. I heaved a huge sigh of relief!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    One thing I've noticed about les-ville is how overly into baseball they are. So this whole post doesn't surprise me. I do kinda like that they get behind the sport, both men and women (you can't drive by those fields on 113 with any kind of ease during the summer) but that then leads to the issues that les mentioned above.

    Any. Way. So - I'm due to get my car inspected this month. Due to my being somewhat incapacitated, I haven't done it. I'm at my mom's still (even though I managed to go into the office yesterday) and my brother is still here so I had him take my car to a local place to get the sticker. They told him they couldn't do it because my license plate is old. I have the single white with green letters/numbers license plate that I've had since I got my first car in 1989. MA has moved to a front/back white with red and blue. I was grandfathered in so I didn't have to change it. Now, it's kinda beat up so they're refusing to inspect it. Now, if I wasn't 6 weeks post surgery and could walk, I would have found this out earlier in the month and got it taken care of. I have to now get new plates. In order to do that, I have to fill out a form. The form requires my title# which is on the title that is at my house. And I'm not going there till Saturday. It also requires signature and stamp from my insurance company. Ugh.

    So, I called our Customer Service Center, the guy was awesome. He sent the RMV form all filled out with the insurance stamp and sig. Wahoo! He didn't have the title number, not their are. I Googled how do I find my car's title number and lo and behold, it's on my registration, which I DO have. I printed out the form, filled in the title number, signed it. Now I need to go to the RMV (les - do you know if the RMV in Lowell has parking? I would love to go tomorrow). Not sure if they have a stash of plates there or they have to order them. If they do, I need to see if they can give me something to post or have in the car because my sticker expires on July 31 so if I don't get them in time, what happens then? I need this aggravation like a hole in the head.
    Parking garage adjacent. It has elevators. In kind of a tough section of town. Does AAA do it? I know that is where I go to do all the registry type things.

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    So my wife is getting the 12-week ultrasound today, and last night we put in an offer on a house in Woodbury. This is yet another big week in a long series of big weeks this year.
    Wow <3 that is cool.

    Good Evening Lodge!

  13. #493
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,148

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Parking garage adjacent. It has elevators. In kind of a tough section of town. Does AAA do it? I know that is where I go to do all the registry type things.
    I checked, and AAA doesn't do the plates. Boo. The AAA on the boulevard is so much easier to get to.

    I had seven conference calls today Seven!! Ugh. So much work to do. Wish I could've eased into this. But no. Full steam ahead. Oh, so we have a department-wide meeting every quarter. I missed the last one because I was out. One of the guest presenters was the woman who manages the new advertising campaign. I'm sure you've all seen it. Anyway, in her presentation towards the end she gave two shout outs for all the help. And one of them was for me!! I worked with her team on merchandise and swag. It's been a long process but a fun one. The meeting was livestreamed this time and someone sent out a link to it today so I was watching it and saw her say it. It was really cool to hear! I'm going to send her an email thanking her for the call out.

    I'm a tad annoyed because you would think someone on my team (they were all there) might have said something to me about it. The meeting was on the 17th. I started work on the 22nd. Putting in a little caveat here - I may be putting my Opposite Girl powers into effect. I am posting my annoyance here about the lack of recognition of a comment by a senior level executive in front of my entire department about what a great job I did. When I get back to the office and get a chance to sit with my boss, who knows if I get an acknowledgement or maybe even a recognition award. I could see me *****ing about it and then have then wind planning to put in for a recognition award.

    Four days into being back and I really need to find a way to not have to work. I really like my job and what I do, but man...work is TIRING!! I want to sleep, hang out, etc. And get paid for that. Is there a job that has those requirements??

  14. #494
    Very Un-Dude
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Hockey Mecca
    Posts
    26,839
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Basically, between Valley Creek Rd and the original high school.
    I grew up in Royal Oaks! Good luck.

  15. #495
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,544

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    I checked, and AAA doesn't do the plates. Boo. The AAA on the boulevard is so much easier to get to.

    I had seven conference calls today Seven!! Ugh. So much work to do. Wish I could've eased into this. But no. Full steam ahead. Oh, so we have a department-wide meeting every quarter. I missed the last one because I was out. One of the guest presenters was the woman who manages the new advertising campaign. I'm sure you've all seen it. Anyway, in her presentation towards the end she gave two shout outs for all the help. And one of them was for me!! I worked with her team on merchandise and swag. It's been a long process but a fun one. The meeting was livestreamed this time and someone sent out a link to it today so I was watching it and saw her say it. It was really cool to hear! I'm going to send her an email thanking her for the call out.

    I'm a tad annoyed because you would think someone on my team (they were all there) might have said something to me about it. The meeting was on the 17th. I started work on the 22nd. Putting in a little caveat here - I may be putting my Opposite Girl powers into effect. I am posting my annoyance here about the lack of recognition of a comment by a senior level executive in front of my entire department about what a great job I did. When I get back to the office and get a chance to sit with my boss, who knows if I get an acknowledgement or maybe even a recognition award. I could see me *****ing about it and then have then wind planning to put in for a recognition award.

    Four days into being back and I really need to find a way to not have to work. I really like my job and what I do, but man...work is TIRING!! I want to sleep, hang out, etc. And get paid for that. Is there a job that has those requirements??
    If you find one tell me. I need it for the Spring Semester

  16. #496
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,689

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    So my wife is getting the 12-week ultrasound today, and last night we put in an offer on a house in Woodbury. This is yet another big week in a long series of big weeks this year.
    Double congrats!

    Good luck!

  17. #497
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,073

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
    I grew up in Royal Oaks! Good luck.
    Our counter offer to their counter offer was accepted, and as of the end of August, I'll be living in Woodbury. We got it on a steal!

    This is the lesson, folks - keep your homes maintained. The sellers probably just lost out on $55k because they wouldn't spend $25K on the needed maintenance.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  18. #498
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,214

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Dam east siders. Congrats, though!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #499
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,633

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  20. #500
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,346

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    síupp yíall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •