View Poll Results: Which state are you LEAST likely ever to visit or pass through (on the ground)?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona

0 0%
  • California

1 4.55%
  • Colorado

0 0%
  • Connecticut

2 9.09%
  • Florida

1 4.55%
  • Georgia

0 0%
  • Illinois

0 0%
  • Indiana

0 0%
  • Maryland

2 9.09%
  • Massachusetts

1 4.55%
  • Michigan

0 0%
  • Minnesota

0 0%
  • New York

1 4.55%
  • North Carolina

0 0%
  • Ohio

0 0%
  • Oklahoma

12 54.55%
  • Pennsylvania

0 0%
  • Texas

1 4.55%
  • Virginia

0 0%
  • Washington

1 4.55%
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    That was O'Gara's, and it was delicious. It didn't taste like red bull. It was an Icee that would mess you up after a few.
    It was O'Gara's, yes (only the locals would know what that is). I went for the Orange Cream Ale and the Peaches/Cream Ale there. The latter was rather disappointing.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Opposite Girl

Iím a big fan of Smirnoff Ice. And you can all shut it.

Trying to finish my mid year review. I was supposed to have this with my boss this past Thursday but time kept getting away from me and I didnít get it down, so I postponed it till tomorrow. Was hoping to do it while working from home on Friday. Nope. Then I saw my boss pushed it to Wednesday. I just want to get it done now so I donít have to worry about the next few days.

So my friends and I all do birthday dinners. Not all of us can go to all, and thatís normal given everyoneís schedules. The next birthday girl offered up Sunday, September 22 and Thursday, September 26 as options. Iíll be out of town on the 26th, but donít want to go on the 22nd because the Emmys are on. Now, just because Iím not going this year does not mean Iím blowing it off. I leave for my trip on the 24th and want to pack during the day so Iím all set and ready on my couch at 4pm to start watching all the preshow stuff. The birthday girl wants to go out later in the day because, well, thereís a 1pm Patriots game. Which, i get, but there are Patriots games through the end of the year. The Emmys are a one time of year thing. I have not said why Iím not going. Not sure Iíll mention why. I just donít want to get any pushback, you know. Why do I worry and overthink this stuff?

Very Un-Dude

Yo! Long time no post. We did an Alaska vacation, left on 8/16 and got back on Labor Day. Five days land, 11 days cruise, and a couple days in Vancouver at the end.
    Crazy good time and Alaska is simply amazing. Really liked Vancouver, would love to go back for a longer time.

What be new here.

Edit - I miss O'Gara's. I am looking forward to the reopening but I can't believe it will have the same charm.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I will not post about politics.
    CUrrent politics are making the psych people very very rich. I keep saying if I were going into medicine now I would go into Pulmonology but the current #s say psych is a great gig too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post

Trying to finish my mid year review. I was supposed to have this with my boss this past Thursday but time kept getting away from me and I didnít get it down, so I postponed it till tomorrow. Was hoping to do it while working from home on Friday. Nope. Then I saw my boss pushed it to Wednesday. I just want to get it done now so I donít have to worry about the next few days.

So my friends and I all do birthday dinners. Not all of us can go to all, and thatís normal given everyoneís schedules. The next birthday girl offered up Sunday, September 22 and Thursday, September 26 as options. Iíll be out of town on the 26th, but donít want to go on the 22nd because the Emmys are on. Now, just because Iím not going this year does not mean Iím blowing it off. I leave for my trip on the 24th and want to pack during the day so Iím all set and ready on my couch at 4pm to start watching all the preshow stuff. The birthday girl wants to go out later in the day because, well, thereís a 1pm Patriots game. Which, i get, but there are Patriots games through the end of the year. The Emmys are a one time of year thing. I have not said why Iím not going. Not sure Iíll mention why. I just donít want to get any pushback, you know. Why do I worry and overthink this stuff?
    Gee, I am so sorry I am going to miss it this yr...

Good Evening Lodge!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post

A lot of us overthink stuff like that... I bet a simple ďheading out of town on the 24th and just too many balls in the air leading up to the trip... but I hope we can celebrate another timeĒ seems perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    A lot of us overthink stuff like that... I bet a simple ďheading out of town on the 24th and just too many balls in the air leading up to the trip... but I hope we can celebrate another timeĒ seems perfectly reasonable.
    Pretty much.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    It's the new Zima. Even the Bro-Dudes were asking for it, I guess. One place had a Red Bull/Black Cherry White Claw slushie. *shudder*
    It was also delicious. And several of us had several.

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Talking with some vendors at the State Fair, White Claw was the most demanded drink. Dafuq
    Is White Claw one of those hard seltzer waters? The market for those have exploded over the last couple years, according to the figures given out on NPR's Marketplace program.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Is White Claw one of those hard seltzer waters? The market for those have exploded over the last couple years, according to the figures given out on NPR's Marketplace program.
    Yeah, that's what it is. Negligible amount of calories and gluten free, so it's popular with the health nut Millennial brotato #gainz types.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

wubba lubba dub dub

Ugh, the house buying process both sucks and blows.

We visited three houses yesterday. The first one was barely within our price range, the second well within our price range, and the third also within our comfort zone, about halfway between the first two houses. The first house, while it had great potential, and I liked the location, my wife thinks it's too far out into "the sticks" (it's in Eagan, just north of Diffley Rd, basically one interstate exit north of LwB). The second house was the smallest of them, in great condition, and the owners were creative in making the most of the home's available space. The third house was amazing, and seemed too good to be true; the amazing features of the house, the square footage, and so on and so forth, but located very near Robert St. in West St. Paul. The house next door looked a little sketchy, but the house was so impressive that we were just overwhelmed with the opportunity. It was the clear favorite until we got home and did a search on crime report sites. My wife was still in favor of it until a few minutes ago, when she called the local PD to see if they could give any more info. Their reply to her was pretty much to stay clear of the house, and find another home in the city - the house next door has been that much of a nuisance for the police. Too good to be true was sadly too right. Ugh.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

For Cinco de Mayo, we have the Running of the Chihuahuas, and now there is: https://www.wharfdc.com/upcoming-eve...-at-the-wharf/.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-09-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Registered Loser

A quiet weekend in boston sports, eh?
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Evening, Lodge.

The one night I had something going on during the week, of course work went to hell. Got slammed, needed at main building. Well, never made it, b/c the UPS night pickup was full, had to call in backup, so waited an additional half-hour for another truck to come in. Had to cancel my after-work activity, rescheduled for tomorrow. This was the only the 2nd night in, I dunno, 3-4 months that I was needed at the main building/was held late. What are the odds? *sigh*

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

there's a good buck in that racket.

s'upp y'all
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansong View Post
    A quiet weekend in boston sports, eh?
    writer in the glob today wrote ab "makes kyrie irving look like nelson mandela"
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Capt

I am fully aboard the White Claw train. No shame at all. I've found that to be the best tasting of the big name brands, there are some local breweries who also have solid ones though.

I don't think it's going to be strictly a fad, I think it will have staying power. There's actually reports of a national shortage happening now/recently with White Claw. I believe I saw something close to 300% growth in the past year or something.

Thread Information