X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I *think* that is illegal in the US overall. Pretty sure there was a court case about it, and also those random drunk driving stops.
    No. Just Minnesota.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

MN denied the bias for years, but it was futile, hence the amended laws about pulling people over with whiskey plates. That being said, I bet 99% of cars could be pulled over for breaking some law (license plate frames, those odor eaters hanging from the front mirror, decals/stickers on the windows, etc). It's a dcik move, but technically illegal.
      Of course it’s a bias. Who cares? These people ****ed up really bad. Driving isn’t a right. It’s a privilege.

It’s basically a one-year thing. You give up some rights in exchange for driving because you ****ed up. Bad. Maybe even several times.
      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-13-2019, 06:46 AM.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Welcome back to the good ol' USA!
        Gracias!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Greetings Lodge Peeps! Just came from an appointment with my surgeon and I'm finally in a sneaker!! First time in 9 weeks I have not had a cast or boot on my left foot. I also was able to walk without any crutches. However, I will probably use them for any time I have more than a few steps. At least till PT gets me stronger. He was very pleased with how everything looked. He also wrote a note to have my medical parking here at the office extended through end of November. While I am progressing, he does not think I'm anywhere near ready to take the T. Cross fingers that I get the extension!!

Comment

I *think* that is illegal in the US overall. Pretty sure there was a court case about it, and also those random drunk driving stops.
            It's a state-by-state rule. MN's Supreme Court, IIRC, ruled it unconstitutional via the state's constitution.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Of course it’s a bias. Who cares? These people ****ed up really bad. Driving isn’t a right. It’s a privilege.

It’s basically a one-year thing. You give up some rights in exchange for driving because you ****ed up. Bad. Maybe even several times.
              they are trying to get something passed to do modified licenses here. Right now there is just no driving

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

This is lovely. I had a dead bird wedged in the air intake below the grill. I went to wash it out and found a way to push the **** thing right through the fascia, so now it's not wedged in there. I have to figure out how to pop the fascia off and get this dead bird out of there. This is going to be fun
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    It's a state-by-state rule. MN's Supreme Court, IIRC, ruled it unconstitutional via the state's constitution.
                    Gotcha. Cops were nailing people left and right after those Somerset WI fests that happen every year, I think that's how the court cases started. For the non-locals, Somerset is a border city, which brought thousands of people to 2-3 day music fests, and MN police would just set up near the border, and start checking drivers.

Evening, Lodge. Had to go to the main building to help close out for the first time in a LONG while. It was rather busy today overall, dunno why, it just was. Starting next week, on Thu, should see a slight slowdown until after Labor Day, because it's the start of the MN State Fair. Weather depending, of course.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

Just in time.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good evening Lodge!

We need rain. My garden is dry as a bone.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Major apt project going on, starting tomorrow. They're calling it a "siding project" but not sure if they are just repainting, or putting on siding. Either way, we are banished from our patios (officially) until our section of apts are done. Yay, PITA (although it's a good thing they are doing upkeep).

Should be interesting. At least I'm towards the beginning of the project.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X