• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Good Afternoon Lodge!

what is a WZ plate?
    I had to look that up. https://www.dwiminneapolislawyer.com...hiskey-plates/
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Minnesota thing. They're called whiskey plates because they start with W and for a long time started with WY. I always just thought it was the W. You get them if you get a really bad DWI (.12?) or several (2+?) DWIs.
      That, and they are black and white (lettering and plate, in that order). No other color to them. I believe DX is correct in the severity of the first DWI, I know he's correct on the multiple.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I get the idea but that’d be illegal AF in Alaska.

And for good reason TBH.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          I get the idea but that’d be illegal AF in Alaska.

And for good reason TBH.
          That's because 95% of the people would have them. And for good reason.

(ok, calm down, bad joke, the booze laws up there are incredibly different to me; I get it and all, it's just.....wow)
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            That's because 95% of the people would have them. And for good reason.

(ok, calm down, bad joke, the booze laws up there are incredibly different to me; I get it and all, it's just.....wow)
            It would actually relate to our State Constitution and the section on personal privacy.

I could go further on thoughts but that'd be getting political.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It would actually relate to our State Constitution and the section on personal privacy.

I could go further on thoughts but that'd be getting political.
              I hear ya. The number of dry counties/areas up there is amazing, and again, for good reason. I get why those laws are in place.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                You gonna love this, then. The license plate was "OSHEELA." No, I don't regret posting that LP, because pretty sure that driver will have different plates next month.
                IMSTOOPID must have been taken.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Wow. I can't see them getting away with that here either.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Wow. I can't see them getting away with that here either.
                    MN denied the bias for years, but it was futile, hence the amended laws about pulling people over with whiskey plates. That being said, I bet 99% of cars could be pulled over for breaking some law (license plate frames, those odor eaters hanging from the front mirror, decals/stickers on the windows, etc). It's a dcik move, but technically illegal.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      I hear ya. The number of dry counties/areas up there is amazing, and again, for good reason. I get why those laws are in place.
                      Alaska does give judges the ability to mandate a person have an ID that says the person is banned from purchasing/being served alcohol, so that helps things.

On the other hand, even things like red light/speed cameras are illegal up here.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Alaska does give judges the ability to mandate a person have an ID that says the person is banned from purchasing/being served alcohol, so that helps things.

On the other hand, even things like red light/speed cameras are illegal up here.
                        I *think* that is illegal in the US overall. Pretty sure there was a court case about it, and also those random drunk driving stops.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            Good morning to tLodge!
                            What is so good about it?

I started to go for a bike ride. It was supposed to start raining in the late morning. Instead a shower started at about 4AM. By the time I got home about 15 minutes later it hadstopped, but I decided to forget it.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s’upp y’all
                              Greetings from Morgantown WVa
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                s’upp y’all
                                Greetings from Morgantown WVa
                                Welcome back to the good ol' USA!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X