View Poll Results: Which state are you LEAST likely ever to visit or pass through (on the ground)?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona

    0 0%
  • California

    1 4.55%
  • Colorado

    0 0%
  • Connecticut

    2 9.09%
  • Florida

    1 4.55%
  • Georgia

    0 0%
  • Illinois

    0 0%
  • Indiana

    0 0%
  • Maryland

    2 9.09%
  • Massachusetts

    1 4.55%
  • Michigan

    0 0%
  • Minnesota

    0 0%
  • New York

    1 4.55%
  • North Carolina

    0 0%
  • Ohio

    0 0%
  • Oklahoma

    12 54.55%
  • Pennsylvania

    0 0%
  • Texas

    1 4.55%
  • Virginia

    0 0%
  • Washington

    1 4.55%
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1002

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

  1. #381
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,159

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Wait!! What??
    Calm down. She's just a friend.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  2. #382
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,526

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Calm down. She's just a friend.
    SHoot. I thought there was going to be drama in the lodge

  3. #383
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,159

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    SHoot. I thought there was going to be drama in the lodge
    I'm sure there will be tongues a-waggin' this weekend. Whatever. It's happened before.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  4. #384
    Math atheist
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    SHoot. I thought there was going to be drama in the lodge
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I'm sure there will be tongues a-waggin' this weekend. Whatever. It's happened before.
    Heís already walked down the aisle with her once before...

  5. #385
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,159

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by melmac View Post
    Heís already walked down the aisle with her once before...
    That I have......
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  6. #386
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    211

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by melmac View Post
    Heís already walked down the aisle with her once before...
    I logged on for the first time in years to say: well done, Mel. I enjoyed a hearty chuckle.

    As you all were.

  7. #387
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,668

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    I logged on for the first time in years to say: well done, Mel. I enjoyed a hearty chuckle.

    As you all were.
    Perhaps you should more often.

  8. #388
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    211

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Perhaps you should more often.
    If Mel hits a dinger like that often, I'll be around.

  9. #389
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,628

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  10. #390
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,051

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

  11. #391
    Very Un-Dude
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Hockey Mecca
    Posts
    26,838

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by melmac View Post
    Heís already walked down the aisle with her once before...
    I take tRube wasn't wearing white that time?

    Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions


    And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

  12. #392
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    30,560

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Morning. Yep, I am up before noon. Don't know how y'all do it. Flying to DFW for a day, then back tomorrow...hopefully, I'll make it all the way to Houghton tomorrow night.

    Also, why can't I think of who Rube is bringing?

  13. #393
    Short/Round bostonewe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    11,942

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Morning. Yep, I am up before noon. Don't know how y'all do it. Flying to DFW for a day, then back tomorrow...hopefully, I'll make it all the way to Houghton tomorrow night.

    Also, why can't I think of who Rube is bringing?
    I assumed it was a relative of mel's, but I could be off base.


    Morning, Lodge. It is gross out. I thought maybe it wasn't worth having the AC on today since it's not as hot as it has been previous days. I just went outside to do some work on a craft project and "making gravy" is putting it mildly. It's only 76 degrees out, but the dewpoint is 70 degrees. This weather is gross. I escaped back inside and will work on other craft projects that don't entail being in this disgusting-ness. I'm trying to preserve my tolerance for the weather since we're going to Baltimore this weekend for my aunt's 70th birthday and it is supposed to be 101 while we're there. This is why I don't go to Baltimore in the summer if I can help it.

  14. #394
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,630

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Morniní yíall. I see things have been interesting in here since my hiatus..


    Hope everyone is well and summer (the offseason) has treated you well.

  15. #395
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come gmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    12,135
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Morning.Also, why can't I think of who Rube is bringing?
    Because heís bringing your mom?

    Good afternoon Lodge.

    I coach an in house baseball team that little gII is on. Playoffs start tonight. We are the number 1 seed at 10-2. Iím hoping we can make a run at some hardware. Little gII is my ace and heís leading the league in homers. Itís been a fun season.

    Next weekend little gII travel ball team is playing at state. After that the g family is heading up to the north shore for 10 days.

    Edit. Itís little gII birthday today.
    Last edited by gmann; 07-17-2019 at 01:12 PM.

  16. #396
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,526

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by melmac View Post
    Heís already walked down the aisle with her once before...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    That I have......
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    I logged on for the first time in years to say: well done, Mel. I enjoyed a hearty chuckle.

    As you all were.
    You guys crack me up

    Quote Originally Posted by gmann View Post
    Because heís bringing your mom?

    Good afternoon Lodge.

    I coach an in house baseball team that little gII is on. Playoffs start tonight. We are the number 1 seed at 10-2. Iím hoping we can make a run at some hardware. Little gII is my ace and heís leading the league in homers. Itís been a fun season.

    Next weekend little gII travel ball team is playing at state. After that the g family is heading up to the north shore for 10 days.

    Edit. Itís little gII birthday today.
    Tlil gII is supposed to be a baby still!

  17. #397
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,526

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by bostonewe View Post
    I assumed it was a relative of mel's, but I could be off base.


    Morning, Lodge. It is gross out. I thought maybe it wasn't worth having the AC on today since it's not as hot as it has been previous days. I just went outside to do some work on a craft project and "making gravy" is putting it mildly. It's only 76 degrees out, but the dewpoint is 70 degrees. This weather is gross. I escaped back inside and will work on other craft projects that don't entail being in this disgusting-ness. I'm trying to preserve my tolerance for the weather since we're going to Baltimore this weekend for my aunt's 70th birthday and it is supposed to be 101 while we're there. This is why I don't go to Baltimore in the summer if I can help it.
    it is raining like no body's business right now. THings blowing, rain so hard we can't see past a few feet. Hoping the trees stay up.

    Good? afternoon Lodge!

  18. #398
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,143

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Headed down to my place around noon. Wanted to get here before that band of storms hit up there. Not doing anything here now, but it is hot. Expecting another band to come by here in about an hour.

    My ankle has been hurting for a couple of days. Not excruciating, but it hurts a bit. Heading to the doctor tomorrow to hopefully get the go-ahead to start walking on it. I need to contact my boss as I'm scheduled to start back at work on Monday. I was going to text her tonight. But then, I wonder if I should. I just want to let her know about my appointment and how I'm planning to start work on Monday and that I'm not expecting to be able to go to the office. And it will depend on what he says. But then I figure I'll just wait till after the appointment. It would just be my luck to say that and have my doctor tell me I'm not ready to go back. I don't expect that at all, but who knows.

  19. #399
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,526

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Headed down to my place around noon. Wanted to get here before that band of storms hit up there. Not doing anything here now, but it is hot. Expecting another band to come by here in about an hour.

    My ankle has been hurting for a couple of days. Not excruciating, but it hurts a bit. Heading to the doctor tomorrow to hopefully get the go-ahead to start walking on it. I need to contact my boss as I'm scheduled to start back at work on Monday. I was going to text her tonight. But then, I wonder if I should. I just want to let her know about my appointment and how I'm planning to start work on Monday and that I'm not expecting to be able to go to the office. And it will depend on what he says. But then I figure I'll just wait till after the appointment. It would just be my luck to say that and have my doctor tell me I'm not ready to go back. I don't expect that at all, but who knows.
    You don't want to set up expectations and then find out things aren't what you thought.

    It is so humid here it is awful.

  20. #400
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,668

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
    I take tRube wasn't wearing white that time?
    Oh snap.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •