• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Good Morning, y'all!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

YESTERDAY:
      Vendor: Physical proof of notebook needs to be approved tomorrow. Are you working?
      Me: Yes, but not in the office. Let me check with designer from the agency, they should be the one to review/approve.

Me: Hello agency - anyone working in office tomorrow so vendor can overnight proof for review/approval?
      Agency: Designer is in office and can approve! But she's leaving office at 3:00pm.

Me: Here is name and address to deliver. Ship for morning delivery
      Vendor: Thanks! We will email you tracking when we have it.

TODAY
      Me: Good morning vendor. Can you send me tracking I was supposed to get last night so I can share with agency/designer to be on lookout so they can provide the approval you need today?
      Vendor: Here you go! It was sent for afternoon delivery so by 3:00pm.
      Me: ::head desk:: I asked for morning delivery. Designer is leaving the office by 3:00pm. So, unless FedEx delivers before 3:00pm, you aren't getting your approval.

Seriously, does no one read any more????

Comment

No, no they don't. This happens all the time.

This is taken from another forum but this happens to me at least a couple times a month:

PM - "are you free for a chat with the customer if we can arrange it this afternoon?"
        me - "sure, the only firm time commitment I have is at 4:15 for about 30 minutes."
        <PM email to customer> "hi customer, we are free at 4:15 for about 30 minutes if that works on your end."
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

HHH here. Tomatoes need the heat (trying to be positive)

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Good Morning Lodge!

HHH here. Tomatoes need the heat (trying to be positive)
            Didn't know 9-time WWE champions were into gardening :P

/fine, 14 if you count the WHC
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              I call myself an NP. I refuse to be called a Physician Extender or a Mid-level. Both I find objectionable and a bad message to the patients as studies show we provide excellent care and NPs can practice independently. Provider is a generic term that I find least objectionable. I would say medical professional but that is too long.

In my experience Docs frequently have the attitude of a spoiled only child. This seems to come to the fore when their practice is successful and they have increasing demand because the patients love them. The success bloats their ego and no one is above them to give them a reality check. Not usually seen with people in small practice who are practicing for the love of doing it. THe ones trying to grow the business are the worst.

Absolutely agree with all of this!!
              In our area there is no medical practicing left. Pretty much all of the 'old fashioned' people have been driven out by the PHO, hospital. They have changed the rules to make it untenable for them to survive. Stuff like ER Docs not allowed to admit, you need to physically see the pt and write orders before 4 hours. In the last 5 yrs I think almost all of the people in my age group practicing Primary care here have retired early or gotten out. All of my NP peers who started practice when I did have retired or are actively trying to, We are all below retirement age.

It is all Insurance and business. I quit because I refused to practice insurance and I refused to be forced to do unsafe things so I could 'capture' money they should have been paying to begin with (I was told I must write a new start anti-depressant for 90 days so the measure would be met- wonder who would have been responsible if the person became undepressed enough to ingest them all). The newer folk have no idea what Medicine should be or was. They are being taught to practice insurance. They structure things in a way that people who are motivated by the patient are penalized. They give the patient the message this is a service industry and we should make them happy. If all your patients are happy all the time you are a screw up.
              Les: You know by now what an old time practitioner I have been. I loved what i did. When I stopped being able to be my own boss and make my own decisions, I decided to stop (but only cut back slowly at first). I am not really fully retired even now. I still see patients and I still offer myself for consultation but only if I do not levy any sort of charge. Growing up i was lucky to have a very smart father who was constantly giving me advice for the future. being my rebellious self, I barely listened but filed it all away for when I got old enough to realize that he was just about always right. Interesting how a mailman with only a high school education could ever garner so much common sense. His advice about work was simple - do it as long as you enjoy it. Stop when it becomes something you dread but only if you afford to. You can afford to only if you keep your overhead in life manageable. I never realized how important that was going to be in practicing medicine. i can fully understand and appreciate exactly where you are coming from.
              BTW his best advice to me ever? Marry a rich girl who can cook. Anything else you can find somewhere else! Lost him in 1992 and gosh, I miss him.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Les: You know by now what an old time practitioner I have been. I loved what i did. When I stopped being able to be my own boss and make my own decisions, I decided to stop (but only cut back slowly at first). I am not really fully retired even now. I still see patients and I still offer myself for consultation but only if I do not levy any sort of charge. Growing up i was lucky to have a very smart father who was constantly giving me advice for the future. being my rebellious self, I barely listened but filed it all away for when I got old enough to realize that he was just about always right. Interesting how a mailman with only a high school education could ever garner so much common sense. His advice about work was simple - do it as long as you enjoy it. Stop when it becomes something you dread but only if you afford to. You can afford to only if you keep your overhead in life manageable. I never realized how important that was going to be in practicing medicine. i can fully understand and appreciate exactly where you are coming from.
                BTW his best advice to me ever? Marry a rich girl who can cook. Anything else you can find somewhere else! Lost him in 1992 and gosh, I miss him.
                We were very blessed to work in Medicine at at time that the patient was the focus and doing right by them was respected as the right thing to do. I miss it. I used to daydream about going to some hole in the wall to practice the right way. Pretty sure that doesn't exist anymore I have no idea how much longer I would have survived having to work and feel like a hypocrite. By the time I stopped it took me months to be right within myself.

I got the same type of advice from my parents. My Dad worked in finance before he went to the Gubmint. He sat me down and told me to save from my first paycheck. My Mum gave me a lot of great advice about how to manage life balance and deal with people (advice she unfortunately now regularly challenges). I am below retirement age but having lived with 'manageable overhead' allowed me to get out before it ate me alive. There wasn't really an option to consult. The local medical establishment is very toxic right now, even for Docs. Folks are are leaving in droves and the hospital has managed to offend pretty much everyone except the brand new hires.

I would love to be in a place that I could use my knowledge for good but haven't found a place to do that yet. Liability sucks. I do the next best thing. I teach the baby nurses in their first Clinical experience how to be resilient and how to look at the PERSON they are taking care of. I miss my patients a lot tho. I am thankful to have met some in social places after I retired. It is always cool to know what happened to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidShoe...101632/photo/1
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Is Hubert Horatio Humphrey a wrestler?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

S’upp y’all
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mornin', Lodge.

STATE FAIR DAY! WOOHOO!
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So, somewhat big family news here. My mother’s older (by a year) sister is moving in with her. For the past 2+ years she has been living in Wyoming with her son and DIL. She used to live in Delray Beach with my uncle (her and my mom’s brother) and he was such an ***** to her, sold the small home they loved. He moved up here.

Anyway, my cousin took her in. He’s a Baptist minister now. They live in Story, WY. My aunt has been pretty miserable there the past six months, mostly because of her DIL. Treated her poorly, never abused her, but just made it miserable for her. The whole time I was here recuperating, she called my mom multiple times a day. Now, I don’t know if she asked my mom or my mom offered (I think it was the latter), but she’s moving in today. I called my aunt’s daughter, who lives here and had planned a vacation to see her mom this week, that while she was there she needed to take care of a few things. Like following up with Medicaid - my mom is now going to be her designated caregiver and the DIL will no longer get paid to do nothing. I said she should check with my aunt’s doctors to see if she needed to sign something in person to release medical records for when she gets new doctors here, etc. Just all that kind of stuff. They flew to Boston last night and my cousin is bringing my aunt up today.

I was initially a little wary about it, but honestly, my mom is pretty happy about it. While my brothers and I are with her as much as we can be, she’s never lived alone. She did say she wouldn’t have agreed to this if my dad was still alive. I think she’s lonely. And she and her sister are extremely close, always have been. I think the positives are definitely outweighing the negatives. Still, it will be an adjustment for all.

Comment

Me: I can go to Dropkick Murphys and be fine at work the next morning.

Narrator: He would be wrong...

This is gonna be a long day...
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Good afternoon Lodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X