This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Oh THAT should be fun. Heck, just hit up one of the other 8 rooms the Carpet has, if you want variety. I prefer the Red Room with the classic party hits, myself. Hopefully Bubbles is still bartending (note to outsiders: she's an older woman who kicks all sorts of arse).
    Hubby and I met in the Pool Room at a mutual friend's grad party.

Good Afternoon, Lodge!
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
      Hubby and I met in the Pool Room at a mutual friend's grad party.

Good Afternoon, Lodge!
      That's usually my second choice in that bar.

Afternoon, Lodge! Met up with a buddy at a brewery on Lake Minnetonka, man, it was BUSY. Lots of traffic on the way there and back, too. EVERYONE is hitting the lake today.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good afternoon, Lodge!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!!

Today was a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Good Evening Lodge!!

Today was a good day.
            Obligatory "didn't have to use your AK," huh?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Obligatory "didn't have to use your AK," huh?
              nope.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                nope.
                A'ight.

Comment

s’upp y’all
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Afternoon, Lodge. Stopped by my local restaurant for lunch, comped a beer. Then headed over to my local brewery, owner was there, said flat out: "you have no bill today. Thanks for volunteering last weekend" (for the block party). I honestly tried talking him out of it, that was a wasted effort. I guess it's good to know people.

Comment

Greetings Lodge peeps. What an absolutely glorious weekend weather-wise here in 617-ville.

Had my pre-op appointment with my doctor on Thursday. My surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday. It's going to be a little more intense than I initially thought. My doctor had told me back in the fall when I found out about the torn tendon that he would also give me an arch in my foot (it's my really flat feet that caused this). What I didn't really understand was just how he will be doing that. Turns out he has to break and reset a couple of bones in my ankle. This is in addition to the grafting of a new tendon. It is still going to be outpatient. I've been making arrangements here and at my mom's place where I will be spending most of my time.

I bought a knee scooter. Brought it up to my mom's yesterday as I'm not sure I'll be up to using it the first few days, plus her place has just that much more space to maneuver it. She borrowed her neighbor's portable wheelchair to help get me from the car to my place, and back to the car and into her place. Not sure if I'll be strong enough for the crutches. It's a bit of a walk so I want to be safe.

I asked my doctor about the pain. He said it would be twice as painful as when I had my bunions done 20 years ago. Which is OK since I really didn't have much pain when I had them. I am expecting the pain to be significant. I want to be prepared and expect pain so I don't freak out when it really hurts.

Was planning to meet with my boss tomorrow at 9:30 so I could go over my stuff and what needs to be done while I'm out (which isn't too much since I've done a lot to prepare). She had cancelled our 1:1 last Wednesday. Not sure if it was because she knew I was in an all-day meeting or she was really busy. Could have been both. I sent a proposed new time for this Wednesday's meeting since I'll be in the hospital. Then sent her an email to let her know I did that since we need to talk before I go out on leave. She sent a new meeting maker for my proposed time, I accepted. Then I looked at my email yesterday and it appears she cancelled it. Not sure why. It actually could be she did it by mistake. I would think she would have sent me a note as to why she cancelled it. I am a little concerned she doesn't realize I'm out as of Wednesday.

I'll be out on short term disability and I'm not allowed to do any work while I'm on it. I told my doctor about what she had said, and how she asked me if I would be able to postpone the surgery till June and he said "that's illegal." He also said that I'm not going back to work till he clears me to. So this should all be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I'll be out on short term disability and I'm not allowed to do any work while I'm on it. I told my doctor about what she had said, and how she asked me if I would be able to postpone the surgery till June and he said "that's illegal." He also said that I'm not going back to work till he clears me to. So this should all be very interesting.
                          That is very illegal.

Comment

Make sure you document everything for when the inevitable, "We didn't talk about that. I thought you were delaying the surgery another month?" discussion happens.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Make sure you document everything for when the inevitable, "We didn't talk about that. I thought you were delaying the surgery another month?" discussion happens.
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Always document stuff like this.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X