This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    There's a song that's been out there for a year or two, "Sweettooth" by Brandi Carlisle. I'll be dammed if it doesn't move me to tears every time. I have known people that fit the song, and she sounds like one of them.
    Sounds like it, for the last few years anyway. Definitely not that way when I knew her. Not really much of a drinker then. A beer or wine or two on a weekend night and off to bed. It's never too late for a disease like that to manifest and take control, though. Extremely sad.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Sounds like it, for the last few years anyway. Definitely not that way when I knew her. Not really much of a drinker then. A beer or wine or two on a weekend night and off to bed. It's never too late for a disease like that to manifest and take control, though. Extremely sad.
      IMO, there are two or three distinct manifestations of the behavior. The first one starts young, is ferocious from the beginning, and is clearly genetic. The second begins as regular but otherwise moderate/average drinking, and eventually progresses due to life events/environmental factors. That flavor is a "learned" disorder. The third version basically combines the previous two into periodic rip-roaring benders.

/NotADoctor

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        IMO, there are two or three distinct manifestations of the behavior. The first one starts young, is ferocious from the beginning, and is clearly genetic. The second begins as regular but otherwise moderate/average drinking, and eventually progresses due to life events/environmental factors. That flavor is a "learned" disorder. The third version basically combines the previous two into periodic rip-roaring benders.

/NotADoctor
        The first stage is riproaring. The second is maturity, leading to "I know what this is, so I can control it." The third is, "Well, that control thing? Nope, I can't control it." Outside factors could "help" that progression along, of course. Tragedy usually the leading cause.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Evening, Lodge. Major apt project going on, starting tomorrow. They're calling it a "siding project" but not sure if they are just repainting, or putting on siding. Either way, we are banished from our patios (officially) until our section of apts are done. Yay, PITA (although it's a good thing they are doing upkeep).

Should be interesting. At least I'm towards the beginning of the project.
          I know I'm days behind on this, but any rumors of your complex being sold? When my wife and I were apartment dwellers, both times they "spruced up" the place by slapping a coat of paint on it and changing the pool furniture, the complex was sold to another management company.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s’upp y’all

Heading home today
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                I know I'm days behind on this, but any rumors of your complex being sold? When my wife and I were apartment dwellers, both times they "spruced up" the place by slapping a coat of paint on it and changing the pool furniture, the complex was sold to another management company.
                They have replaced upper management in the past year or two, but the company remains the same. These new managers are more hands-on. They've been more communicative, etc, with the residents, which is nice. The old management wasn't bad, these new ones are just better.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Here in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. Supposed to be about 107 here. And some company having a meeting here at the hotel has taken over the entire pool area today with the exception of the Lazy River. I think that's truly irresponsible of the hotel to allow for that. They have, like, seven pools here. Plus their Wet Republic pool/bar/club area. Take that and maybe one or two others. Not all of them. I am assuming that it's not an all day thing. At least I hope it's not.

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!
                    Tood my walk this morning and now trying to get back on track. My friends are still trying to get back to St Croix. They had a connexn in LaGuardia that took off almost 3 hours late because the 'pilot got stuck in traffic'. They were missed the connecting in Miami and now can't get out of Miami for 2 days. Totally ridiculous and it isn't even Spirit

Comment

Good afternoon, Lodge!
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anchorage is absolutely covered in wildfire smoke right now. Giant wildfire to the north, giant wildfire to the south.

Hooray.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Anchorage is absolutely covered in wildfire smoke right now. Giant wildfire to the north, giant wildfire to the south.

Hooray.
                          Nothing on the news about how the world is burning. It always amazes me they don't think that is news worthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Here in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. Supposed to be about 107 here..
                            Cold front
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Nothing on the news about how the world is burning. It always amazes me they don't think that is news worthy.
                              MPR News has been talking about the Alaskan heatwave. I must've missed the part about the wildfires.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Afternoon, y’all.
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X